• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Opps , my bad !

That's American Safety & Health Institute .

But still counterintuitive hsi .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Are they legit ? As in their cards recognized as if they were from Red Cross or Heart Assn ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So you're saying that if I had a side gig / volunteer thing that required certification in whatever , and I whipped out my AHSI Card , they wouldn't scratch their heads , or laugh at me ?

Heck , I should just be grateful to actually get a physical card this year .

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    FWIW, Mrs.BurtonRW, RN, hasn’t had a job in her entire career (hospitals, outpatient clinical, ambulatory surgical) that would take BLS, ACLS, or PALS from anyone other than AHA.

I think it’s a bit of a racket, but I guess it’s easier for employers to not have to vet the alternatives.

-Rob

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I used HSI in the past for CPR validation/ meeting training requirements for my guys.
    Red Cross and the Heart association may not agree with them becuase they're competition.
    We use Keep the Beat over to Grasonville or Kent Island now but only after a couple of trainers lost their HSI creds stupidly by not fulfilling annual update requirements.
    JJ Keller is another one that provides T the T and validation for meeting all sorts of training requirements.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    FWIW, Mrs.BurtonRW, RN, hasn’t had a job in her entire career (hospitals, outpatient clinical, ambulatory surgical) that would take BLS, ACLS, or PALS from anyone other than AHA.

So..... If I'm following this , other than having been part of my Annual Training , an HSI Card is good for emergency Firestarter as far as anywhere else is concerned ?

[ Yes , the actual material is the same . For that matter the actual in house instructors are experienced and knowledgeable enough , all the students would have been sufficiently Refreshed , if they'd taught spontaneously , and wrote up something on Employer Letterhead to stick in everyone's file .

But the world revolves around pieces of paper .]

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    Sorry I forgot about this thread. Should have subscribed. HSI basically mirrors AHA in every way. They obviously aren't as well known but are cheaper and there's less red tape without losing accountability. I know of at least one fairly large local government agency that certifies its responders through HSI. I personally like the videos put out by HSI much better than AHA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom