• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thank you to everyone who participated! :mdpatriot I wish we could have joined the outside festivities, but we got caugh up doing inside stuff. I also wish we didn't have to scoot right after we gave our testimony, but we had to try to get Katie (who has been on night shift) to work for a at least a couple hours. This is definitely wearing us both down...I don't know how she does it, coming home from work at 2am to wake up at 6...to do it all over again...and again. We finally got to sleep in a little today, because there is only one bill and we aren't betting on a long line to sign up. (although, if any of those redcoats did actually care about reducing gun violence rather than ownership, they should be out in force for SB273.

If there was any doubt about SG's balls to brains ratio...last night certainly cleared it up! :D

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Fred and Mrs. Fred it was a pleasure and honor hitting the bricks with you both yesterday. I am sorry Mrs. Fred couldn't get warm. Bet she wanted the car heat on high half way back!!!!!

Correct, it was 60 when we left VA and she didn't bring the warmer jacket. Thanks for the directions to register opposition to the bill. When she hit her cold limit we went into the Capitol and lined up for the politician parade! Great seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones! fred55

Thanks to all for the kudos. It was my pleasure to do my civic duty in a way that would catch people off guard. When I told the committee chair I was in favor of the bill and why, his response made my day.
    I'm still puzzled how nobody noticed I was wearing a WWNC shirt all day and simply changed shirts and they (almost) all thought I was one of them. (I am 6'4" and 280lbs; I can't be mistaken for too many people)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks to all for the kudos. It was my pleasure to do my civic duty in a way that would catch people off guard. When I told the committee chair I was in favor of the bill and why, his response made my day.
    I'm still puzzled how nobody noticed I was wearing a WWNC shirt all day and simply changed shirts and they (almost) all thought I was one of them. (I am 6'4" and 280lbs; I can't be mistaken for too many people)

The redcoats should have noticed that you didn't sign in with them. :innocent0

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Correct, it was 60 when we left VA and she didn't bring the warmer jacket. Thanks for the directions to register opposition to the bill. When she hit her cold limit we went into the Capitol and lined up for the politician parade! Great seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones! fred55

I messed up too! I brought my lite jacket instead of my heavy one. I about froze solid. The only time I was close to warm was when I went into the senate building to upload my written testimony. Too bad we left before oral testimony. Sounds like there was plenty of hot air from the moms. And we missed SG's testimony! :party29:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Our best hope is that they amend this bill to be at least legal, and then that Atterbeary refuses to allow any mote changes to her precious bill, and that they cannot reconcile them.

Good to see you there once again! As it stands now, I agree with you that our best hope is Atterbury refusing to allow changes. From my perspective yesterday, I could see all those members of the committee who support the bill getting REALLY uncomfortable with their positions when Sen. Hough and Sen. Ready tore the bill apart during the opening. That they had NO facts and nothing to show this bill was necessary or would do anything to prevent criminals from obtaining firearms, really hurt those members who support it. In essence, they were beginning to see that they would look like idiots for supporting legislation with no legitimate reasoning for it. Once panel after panel of MDA Bloomberg flunkies were given the floor until they were completely finished with their emotional nonsense that had no bearing on what the actual bill contained, it was plainly evident that the fix was in. By the time our people were able to begin testifying, the committee members were tired and their minds numb to what was being said. At one point, I noticed that the chair was holding a conversation with another member, in total disrespect to our people giving testimony.
    It would have been far better if our side had hit this bill the same way Sen. Hough and Sen. Ready did! I am never one to give anything to the enemy. Based upon some of the statements made by those on our side, I am absolutely certain that the opposition was given more than enough information to cause bills to be introduced in a future legislative session that will be even more painful to our side.
    Thanks to everyone who showed up! Unfortunately, I now believe Maryland is lost to the point of being non-recoverable.:sad20:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I will add that there are certain people who always talk the big talk about how much they have done for the shooting sports but, I have not seen those self aggrandizers one time in Annapolis! I took the day off without pay to be there! Where were you?!

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I was too beat to write this up last night after shagging in at 12:45, but yesterday was great. Time on the bricks was chilly (nah, downright cold) but at least it was dry. The Gov's speech was a chance to get warm, before a brisk walk for a group lunch at Mission BBQ. My admiration for the 2A advocates who testified knows no bounds. Special props to Senators Ready and Hough, whose wilting questioning and berating of the antis would only have been made better had one of them done The Pelosi and torn up the bill in front of everyone. Mark Pennak's encyclopedic knowledge of the law visibly took the wind out of the antis' sails, and earned him an invite from the Chairman to return to the Committee to help straighten out this total cluster. I was also struck by the fabulous testimony of the 4H members, several of whom were amazingly poised and articulate.

And repeat thanks to Stoveman for the ride back to the stadium parking lot. Unfortunately, we missed the group at Rams Head afterwards, but we made our own little after-party at the Full Moon once back in Carroll County.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I was too beat to write this up last night after shagging in at 12:45, but yesterday was great. Time on the bricks was chilly (nah, downright cold) but at least it was dry. The Gov's speech was a chance to get warm, before a brisk walk for a group lunch at Mission BBQ. My admiration for the 2A advocates who testified knows no bounds. Special props to Senators Ready and Hough, whose wilting questioning and berating of the antis would only have been made better had one of them done The Pelosi and torn up the bill in front of everyone. Mark Pennak's encyclopedic knowledge of the law visibly took the wind out of the antis' sails, and earned him an invite from the Chairman to return to the Committee to help straighten out this total cluster. I was also struck by the fabulous testimony of the 4H members, several of whom were amazingly poised and articulate.

And repeat thanks to Stoveman for the ride back to the stadium parking lot. Unfortunately, we missed the group at Rams Head afterwards, but we made our own little after-party at the Full Moon once back in Carroll County.

Between packing like sardines in Stoveman's car, terrible Karaoke singing, and warm chicken nugs despite the bar kitchen being closed, I'd say we ended the day pretty well

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Thank you to everyone who participated! :mdpatriot I wish we could have joined the outside festivities, but we got caugh up doing inside stuff. I also wish we didn't have to scoot right after we gave our testimony, but we had to try to get Katie (who has been on night shift) to work for a at least a couple hours. This is definitely wearing us both down...I don't know how she does it, coming home from work at 2am to wake up at 6...to do it all over again...and again. We finally got to sleep in a little today, because there is only one bill and we aren't betting on a long line to sign up. (although, if any of those redcoats did actually care about reducing gun violence rather than ownership, they should be out in force for SB273.

If there was any doubt about SG's balls to brains ratio...last night certainly cleared it up! :D

Thanks for all that you and Katie do. Attending every bill? I live too far away to make that happen. Hats off to both of you for being there. Yesterday was the first time I stood outside on the bricks holding signs. Bogfoot44, Squaregrouper, myself and a couple of others created an outpost as people were crossing the street before they entered the main mass of 2A supporters that lined the walkways. We had a lot of thumbs up and thank yous. We had a few scorned faces and a woman yelling out her window as she she turned the corner. I have no idea what she said but she was obviously in a hurry.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The folks in favor of that bill...the guy in the coat and tie in the 3:00 panel...I'm going to have to go on blood pressure meds.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Does anyone else find it odd that as soon as the mom's are finished testifying, they leave? They are out of that room like bugs that have just been sprayed with raid. I know there is limited room inside but they obviously do not care to listen to our side of the debate. Emotions spilled, checks collected and then it's time to leave.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky

Well done good sir. Effective visualization.

We should have the creator of the Biden Shotgun parody song create a special one called "steal a shotgun"

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County

This was Katie lol!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1581002245896.jpg
      FB_IMG_1581002245896.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 310

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Does anyone else find it odd that as soon as the mom's are finished testifying, they leave? They are out of that room like bugs that have just been sprayed with raid. I know there is limited room inside but they obviously do not care to listen to our side of the debate. Emotions spilled, checks collected and then it's time to leave.
    There were Delegates outside of House JUD that were apologizing to the teenagers that testified for the Nonpublic School GFSZ bill for having to listen to opposition testimony...

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks for all that you and Katie do. Attending every bill? I live too far away to make that happen. Hats off to both of you for being there. Yesterday was the first time I stood outside on the bricks holding signs. Bogfoot44, Squaregrouper, myself and a couple of others created an outpost as people were crossing the street before they entered the main mass of 2A supporters that lined the walkways. We had a lot of thumbs up and thank yous. We had a few scorned faces and a woman yelling out her window as she she turned the corner. I have no idea what she said but she was obviously in a hurry.

Always good to see you, my friend:mdpatriot

Bloomberg doesn't offer overtime:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom