• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I think it is important to point out that this is considered to be one of the best antique gun shows in the entire country. There will be vendors and guests from all 50 states in attendance.
    Please do not go to this show with "gun show" in mind; it is a totally different creature. It is heaven for people interested in pre WW1 stuff, but nothing "modern" will be there.
    I love it because I can see over 30 unaltered Krags in one day.

That's why I may go to droll over krags

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just received my C&R FFL. Will this be useful buying at a show in the same state.

You cannot use your C&R to buy anything regulated in MD. For anything besides C&R-qualified unregulated long guns, it's for out of state purchases only, including shipped from out of state to your door in MD.

C&R does not apply to antique. Pre-1899 are not considered firearms and are unregulated, including handguns, excluding machine guns and short-barreled shotguns.

I've been waiting impatiently for months for this show. My antique gun itch needs a lot of scratching.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    You cannot use your C&R to buy in MD. It's for out of state purchases only, including shipped from out of state to your door in MD.

C&R does not apply to antique. Pre-1899 are not considered firearms and are unregulated, including handguns, excluding machine guns and short-barreled shotguns.

I've been waiting impatiently for months for this show. My antique gun itch needs a lot of scratching.

You can use an 03 in state, there are C&R long guns at this show and an 03 allows you to purchase long guns in md without doing a 4473, you give a copy of your license to the dealer and they give you one of theirs. Its much simpler.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    GREAT! Now the line will be even longer to get in and the show will be even more crowded, thanks a lot LEE2.:sad20:
    If you go keep in mind you won't see any modern guns and ammo for sale, this show is mainly for collectors of antique weapons meaning you also won't see any jerky, new knives, or flea market crap.
    But if you like expensive, rare, antique weapons from around the world, you will be in heaven.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Might be a little different this year regarding newer stuff with the buying craze going on.. I collect mostly War of Northern Aggression and earlier so it's a great show from my perspective.. Almost like going to a museum--that you can take home.. Don't expect any real bargains though...

That's why I may go to droll over krags

I saw some great deals on Krag stuff last year. I just need a few small parts to do a shooting restoration of my carbine. (well, i need a stock but for a shooting resotration a cutdown is fine)

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Will they have someone there to provide professional appraisals? I would like to get an old double barrel 16g shotgun from Russia appraised.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Will they have someone there to provide professional appraisals? I would like to get an old double barrel 16g shotgun from Russia appraised.

Professional appraisals no, but take it with you and find tables with similar items and you can get several informed opinions on the value.
    I've had luck in the past getting stuff appraised, many dealers there also like to buy and trade too.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Someones lucky day. I was just given 2 tickets to this event from a co-worker.

The first person that wants them and can pick them up in the Fort Meade area before 5pm today (or Rockville area between 6-6:30pm today)... GETS THEM FOR FREE.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This is the one gun show in this state that I really consider worth attending. No, you won't find the usual stuff there...you'll get the real exotica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom