• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    S-S-S!!!!
    (shoot - shovel - shutup)

Call the DNR and wait for them to come by??? Yeah right!

A firend called them about a sick deer (appearently blue tongue but he didn't know that) walking in a circle all morning in the middle of a field near his house. Ground looked like somebody did donuts on a dirt bike. The deer finally fell over dead about noon. That was three years ago. He's still waiting for DNR to stop by... and this was less than ten miles from the office @ Indian Springs.

S-S-S... and wear rubber gloves!

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Why would you even call them in the first place? Kill the animal and bury it out back in a deep enough grave that other local critters can not dig it up and eat it. Problem solved.

This!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DNR generally doesn'rt deal with animals, they tend to fall under the health department.. I shot a rabid racoon once at 3 in the afternoon as it was chasing my dogs in the yard. I called the health dept. and was told to bury it or hold it till Monday (it was Friday afternoon) to which I said yeah right...

$ feet of of earth later he was buried... Cleaned up the area with an over wash of 50/50 mix of bleach and water....

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    This!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DNR generally doesn'rt deal with animals, they tend to fall under the health department.. I shot a rabid racoon once at 3 in the afternoon as it was chasing my dogs in the yard. I called the health dept. and was told to bury it or hold it till Monday (it was Friday afternoon) to which I said yeah right...

$ feet of of earth later he was buried... Cleaned up the area with an over wash of 50/50 mix of bleach and water....

Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is who to call. Remember, the saliva of the sick animal contains the virus. If the animal comes in contact with your dog, saliva could be present. Pet or grab your dog and you are exposed. BTDT and have the T shirt.

I can personally attest that they give Rabies Shots in your Arms and butt, and it goes by weight.....I got about 8 in my butt, one in each arm.

Good luck

Jerry

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    If you live in a rural area and you are confronted by a situation where you are threatened by a possibly rabid or even just aggressive animal I would say SSS! The only reason anyone else would have to be involved would be if the animal actually bit a person or other animal. I would want it tested to find out if I had to treat for rabies. In the case of an actual attack/bite the threat is shown by the fact that the animal attacked and I'm pretty sure you would be able to show just cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom