Anyone in Md here ever SBR Sig MCX Virtus pistol with an 11.5 inch barrel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jet307

May 19, 2021
    Urbana, MD
    Anyone in Md here ever SBR Sig MCX Virtus pistol with an 11.5 inch barrel? The SBR version on Sig's website is identical and shows an overall length of 31 inches. If I get the same stock on their SBR version I think my MCX pistol would be Md compliant as a form 1 SBR.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    As long as it’s over 29” you’re good as far as the ATF is concerned on your paperwork. Now if I’m not mistaken you can’t have a flash hider with a folding stock do something to be aware of. Not sure what muzzle device is factory or what you plan on using.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As long as it’s over 29” you’re good as far as the ATF is concerned on your paperwork. Now if I’m not mistaken you can’t have a flash hider with a folding stock do something to be aware of. Not sure what muzzle device is factory or what you plan on using.
    A SBR is not a rifle. Gray area, but I don’t believe the features apply. Someone will tell me I’m wrong momentarily, if that’s not the case.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    A SBR is not a rifle. Gray area, but I don’t believe the features apply. Someone will tell me I’m wrong momentarily, if that’s not the case.
    It is a gray area because MD thinks SBRs are pistols and the ATF says they’re SBRs (short barreled rifles) thus the 29” requirements as they interpret from MD law.

I’m not an expert but I choose to play it safe, not worth the hassle for me. SBR it put a pistol brace in it and shoot it however you like, is my opinion then you’re right no matter which current law they interpret.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Just to be safe I’d replace the flash hider with a brake. The 29” rule comes from the rifle side of MD so I wouldn’t risk it. Whether it’s a suppressor adapter or not is up to you. When measuring for overall length it’s with stock fully extended and no removable barrel devices. If Pin and welded barrel device it is part of measurement.
    GL

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Anyone in Md here ever SBR Sig MCX Virtus pistol with an 11.5 inch barrel? The SBR version on Sig's website is identical and shows an overall length of 31 inches. If I get the same stock on their SBR version I think my MCX pistol would be Md compliant as a form 1 SBR.
    Your 11.5 in. barrel is 9.5 in. once you remove the flash hider. Transferring/extending that tape comes back at 28.5 on a folding brace pistol. If you can, find a rifle owner to measure that stock.

The new phone books are in... nevermind, just a conversion barrel.

MCXConversion.jpg.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom