• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPH102687

I like things and stuff, mostly stuff.
    Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    I've spent countless hours trying to mull over my next purchase. I think I would like to purchase a DDW4 PDW, but have also been advised to look into a Sig MCX, Ghetto Blaster, and Honey Badger. From my research it seems that the general consensus is that the last two are more flex buys than getting much superior firearm for the higher cost. I've also considered going to Hanover Armory and working with them to just build me out something that I like.

Suggestions welcomed. Especially if they include an option that I did not mention above. FWIW I'd like to put a can on it and run subsonic, so 300BLK also seems to be the move.

TIA

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I’d hold off with the brace ban dropping today. Might not be able to meet the 29” rule to SBR it.

brandon_h

Aug 29, 2021
    Another one to potentially consider is the CMMG Banshee line. They've got a good reputation, particularly for their PCCs but have 556 and 300BLK models as well. I've got a 9mm PCC and am very happy with it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've spent countless hours trying to mull over my next purchase. I think I would like to purchase a DDW4 PDW, but have also been advised to look into a Sig MCX, Ghetto Blaster, and Honey Badger. From my research it seems that the general consensus is that the last two are more flex buys than getting much superior firearm for the higher cost. I've also considered going to Hanover Armory and working with them to just build me out something that I like.

Suggestions welcomed. Especially if they include an option that I did not mention above. FWIW I'd like to put a can on it and run subsonic, so 300BLK also seems to be the move.

TIA
    I would lean towards an SBR at this point. It is possible to build an SBR in 300 Blk having a barrel length under 10.5".

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What's the rationale btw going SBR vs ARP?
    Not a lot. If you're banking on an amnesty tax stamp on an erstwhile AR pistol, well go ahead, but you better build it to be longer than 29" or it will be no dice(if you live in Merryland).

Me, I'd skip all the bulshit and just build an SBR and move on.

BPH102687

Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    Not a lot. If you're banking on an amnesty tax stamp on an erstwhile AR pistol, well go ahead, but you better build it to be longer than 29" or it will be no dice(if you live in Merryland).

Me, I'd skip all the bulshit and just build an SBR and move on.
    Out of curiosity, if something lets say the DDM4 PDW is listed on the Handgun Roster as OK, does that not require NFA?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Out of curiosity, if something lets say the DDM4 PDW is listed on the Handgun Roster as OK, does that not require NFA?
    Currently no.
    COACH is correct. In the case of the DD PDW, it has a brace, which makes a pistol and not a SBR. I'm betting once the new NFA rule takes affect, you will see these with real stocks on them and they won't be Md compliant if their OAL stays shorter than 29"+.

BPH102687

Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    COACH is correct. In the case of the DD PDW, it has a brace, which makes a pistol and not a SBR. I'm betting once the new NFA rule takes affect, you will see these with real stocks on them and they won't be Md compliant if their OAL stays shorter than 29"+.
    Just wondering if it would behoove me to get ARP now, worry about SBR later as legislation changes.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just wondering if it would behoove me to get ARP now, worry about SBR later as legislation changes.
    At the very worst, you would be required to remove the stock-ish part(which is easy) to maintain its being a pistol(assuming the new rule goes into affect).

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Did the ATF start this Thread? The timing of the brace rule posting and the question posed in this thread is very sketchy, to say the least.

Nice try G-man!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Did the ATF start this Thread? The timing of the brace rule posting and the question posed in this thread is very sketchy, to say the least.

Nice try G-man!
    The new announcement from AFT has spawned a few new threads. So far, nothing illegal has been asked or suggested.

BPH102687

Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    At the very worst, you would be required to remove the stock-ish part(which is easy) to maintain its being a pistol(assuming the new rule goes into affect).

I have been shopping DDM4 PDW, but now leaning toward MK18 since it’s 28 5/8”, I assume if needed to make it 29” for SBR that process would be much easier with the MK18. Does that seem reasonable or just in my mind

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I have been shopping DDM4 PDW, but now leaning toward MK18 since it’s 28 5/8”, I assume if needed to make it 29” for SBR that process would be much easier with the MK18. Does that seem reasonable or just in my mind
    Amazon product ASIN B004IFU2YW
    Perfectly legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom