• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    So I've been working on a new product to really multiply the driving force of the charging handle. What do you think?

Attachments

• CrazyCH.jpg
      CrazyCH.jpg
      7.8 KB · Views: 371

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    So I've been working on a new product to really multiply the driving force of the charging handle. What do you think?

You are not the only one. After this thread, all I could see was dollar signs. Chris Costa did the hard work of making those DVDs, all I have to do is perform clean up duty :thumbsup:

I designed this product, and am planning on bringing it to market soon. Operators who have tested this product have noticed a 3% increase in successful day and night presschecks.

IMG_20160218_082846.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This is brilliant.
    Finally, the way Stoner should have done it in the first place.

Now that useless FA can be eliminated.

Your invention will save countless lives, and win the War on Terror.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    You are not the only one. After this thread, all I could see was dollar signs. Chris Costa did the hard work of making those DVDs, all I have to do is perform clean up duty :thumbsup:

I designed this product, and am planning on bringing it to market soon. Operators who have tested this product have noticed a 3% increase in successful day and night presschecks.

View attachment 171926

Does it come in tactical black? How about camo? :lol2:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think what is needed is a charging handle that connects to the bolt carrier, so you can truly drive the bolt into battery.

:lol2:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

View attachment 171926

Pure genius! The red, white & blue is even patriotic!!:lol2:

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Wait...so there's a press check under normal conditions, and a different technique for an enemy surprise press check? What does Costa do when his press check isn't interrupted by bad guys? Still "drive" the CH, or tap the FA? Also, I'm not an operator so I guess this doesn't apply to me.

Costa & Travis Haley stressed "consistency" in Magpul's DVD, where you perform the same maneuver over an over --- so I figure they would not use the Forward Assist Bolt in most situations --- Since not once in the DVD, did the pair ever mention using the Forward Assist Bolt --- But it's basically all a matter of choice in which method you want to use.

Let me give you a quote from war veteran-Peter G. Kokalis, one of the writer's from Firearms News, Volume 70 | Issue 5 | 2016 --- on his review of POF's new direct impingement Renegade +.

"and the one single feature that Diane Feinstein could add to her list of an assault gun's terrifying features without offending me, the ubiquitous and vestigial {in biology, a rudimentary or degenerate, usually nonfunctioning, structure that is the remnant of an organ or part that was fully developed or functioning in a preceding generation or an earlier stage of development} so-called 'forward bolt assist,' which I have never seen used once during my experiences in ground combat in four wars --- yet it just refuses to go away."

Thank you Mr. Kokalis....my feelings exactly.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Costa & Travis Haley stressed "consistency" in Magpul's DVD, where you perform the same maneuver over an over --- so I figure they would not use the Forward Assist Bolt in most situations --- Since not once in the DVD, did the pair ever mention using the Forward Assist Bolt --- But it's basically all a matter of choice in which method you want to use.

Let me give you a quote from war veteran-Peter G. Kokalis, one of the writer's from Firearms News, Volume 70 | Issue 5 | 2016 --- on his review of POF's new direct impingement Renegade +.

"and the one single feature that Diane Feinstein could add to her list of an assault gun's terrifying features without offending me, the ubiquitous and vestigial {in biology, a rudimentary or degenerate, usually nonfunctioning, structure that is the remnant of an organ or part that was fully developed or functioning in a preceding generation or an earlier stage of development} so-called 'forward bolt assist,' which I have never seen used once during my experiences in ground combat in four wars --- yet it just refuses to go away."

Thank you Mr. Kokalis....my feelings exactly.
    YyWCgu.gif

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    (Okay, I can't resist.)

It is not "a matter of choice" because

"Driving" the CH does. not. do. anything.

I'm so sorry...I'll just have to disagree again. In fact...I live-fired one of my AR's all weekend, over at the range --- just to prove myself wrong. You guess the results...:D

So many rounds...so little time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom