• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    Costa & Travis Haley stressed "consistency" in Magpul's DVD, where you perform the same maneuver over an over --- so I figure they would not use the Forward Assist Bolt in most situations --- Since not once in the DVD, did the pair ever mention using the Forward Assist Bolt --- But it's basically all a matter of choice in which method you want to use.

It's not the Magpul DVD (I can't find it on YouTube and I'm sure not paying for it), but here's Travis Haley "mentioning the forward assist." Skip to 8:45.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Some of you guys have been a real inspiration to me.:thumbsup: So much that I'll try to watch Magpul's Art of the Tactical Carbine Volume II backwards and forwards so much, till I memorize every word and move on the DVD; even though I can't practice every move with live-fire at the range.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Fumigation in progress

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      22.1 KB · Views: 213

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    It's not the Magpul DVD (I can't find it on YouTube and I'm sure not paying for it), but here's Travis Haley "mentioning the forward assist." Skip to 8:45.

I want to thank-you for posting Haley's vid, since it pretty much explains it all.

I believe they took Magpul's Art of the Tactical Carbine Volume II off the market, because the majority of them had disc 2&3 out of a 4 disc set as being defective. One possible way to get the DVD's complete set is from law enforcement circles and someone willing to make copies for you.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    This thread?

It's...it's... deja vu again...

It doesn't just evaporate. Everyone knows that!

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 3% Range Cap SNIP.JPG
      3% Range Cap SNIP.JPG
      73.6 KB · Views: 205

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The AK has a forward assist, its called the BOLT HANDLE.

Obviously Kalashnikov copied that forward assist design from the Garand. Of course it was used on the M14, too.

The FA was added at the insistence of all the old farts who had been shooting Garands and M14s for 30 years. Garand shooters reflexively whack the op rod handle when they chamber a round. The newfangled Mattel gun had nothing to whack, and that just seemed wrong.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    The AK has a forward assist, its called the BOLT HANDLE. The the Bolt wont go into battery WATCH that has to be done.

....well, f*ck, since this thread is worse than an STD (STI if we want to be current in buzz words) in a football team/ cheerleader circle I guess I'll contribute....

...yes, the AK has the same FA as my Keltec SU16c...(however it does have the bolt release on the underside of the back of the magwell- kinda nifty...(and again, sorry that MD sucks and y'all can't legally own)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom