• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Guess I should start to build a 1,000 yard gun. I doubt I need anything as large as a .338, maybe .300 win mag.

I doubt this scenario ever happens, but there are lots of hunters that have bolt guns, lots of compeition shooters that can make hits out past 1,000 on the regular. Would be interesting to say the least.

Heck, even my wife makes hits at 1000 yards with a .308. No bruiser magnum needed.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Heck, even my wife makes hits at 1000 yards with a .308. No bruiser magnum needed.

I'm pretty sure I can make hits with a 308 at 1,000 and beyond, palma shooters do it all the time.

I just want more energy down range when it hits lol. I could probably make hits with my 6BR but it wont have any power behind it.

MamaTried

Only me to blame 'cause..
    Dec 10, 2015
    Bmore City
    Smoothbore pistols are NFA items, so I was guessing it has some sort of rifling, probably straight.

Do I win any internets?

No more than 1 per customer

004k8bkg

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I'm sorry for asking a question that has probably been answered before, but are all AR-10 rifles legal in MD? I'm thinking of getting an Armalite AR-10 and many of them have flash hiding compensators at the muzzle. Would an AR-10 containing this be legal in MD?

Thanks for your help.

Cal68

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    OK, now I'm totally confused. Why is it not a big deal when I buy a hunting rifle or muzzle-loader here in MD or in nearby PA but if I buy what gun stores call "regulated guns", the paperwork takes forever to come back and the transfer costs 2-3 times as much. Regulated guns I've purchased that incurred this additional scrutiny and expense have included modern semi-auto pistols, AR-15, AK-47, etc. and all were purchased before the O'Smelly/Frash ban and HQL requirement went into effect.

That shotgun, btw, looks bada$$.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    So you are doing exactly what I asked in the beginning. Why the 3rd degree on my question?

Your question is based on the premise that guns will be outlawed, so we should roll over and move on to the next gun. Basically taking a defeatest mindset to gun politics. My post here is of a company taking current existing laws and tight-roping them to push the 2A boundary in our favor. Because of their creativity, you've essentially got a legal "totally not a SBS" firearm.

So, your post rolls over and assumes we lose....my post deals with innovation reclaiming what we've lost. Pretty obvious difference in mindset. Of course, it's still better to drop $1,000 or so into a nonprofit to fight for the 2A in the long run than tiptoe the laws, but it's neat to see innovation punking 2A infringement.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    cuz gunz r bad.

we ban the scary rifles first.
    then we ban the handguns.
    then the sniper rifles.
    then the pump guns.
    and lever guns.
    then the single shot guns.

but we start with the most scariest demonizablenest, which is the ones you asked about..

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm pretty sure I can make hits with a 308 at 1,000 and beyond, palma shooters do it all the time.

I just want more energy down range when it hits lol. I could probably make hits with my 6BR but it wont have any power behind it.

175 SMK at 1000 yards hits harder than .357 magnum at the muzzle. :)

And ammo is easier to find.

NOW, if you want to reach out to 1500 yards, you will need more. But then why not go all out and get a .338 Lapua Mag? :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    OK, now I'm totally confused. Why is it not a big deal when I buy a hunting rifle or muzzle-loader here in MD or in nearby PA but if I buy what gun stores call "regulated guns", the paperwork takes forever to come back and the transfer costs 2-3 times as much. Regulated guns I've purchased that incurred this additional scrutiny and expense have included modern semi-auto pistols, AR-15, AK-47, etc. and all were purchased before the O'Smelly/Frash ban and HQL requirement went into effect.

1) There are no longer any regulated rifles. They are cash and carry or banned.

2) Because this is the Peoples Republic of Maryland. And there are screwy gun laws.

And if the transfer costs that much, on a gun shipped in, find a different FFL.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

1) There are no longer any regulated rifles. They are cash and carry or banned.

2) Because this is the Peoples Republic of Maryland. And there are screwy gun laws.

And if the transfer costs that much, on a gun shipped in, find a different FFL.

I totally agree that the gun laws are completely screwy. Certain types of AR-15's are banned but as I understand it, all AR-10's which are really no different, are cash and carry. Go figure.

Cal68

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... all AR-10's which are really no different, are cash and carry. Go figure.

Cal68

AR10s are VERY different. Try interchanging parts.

The AR10 is not on the List, and it is not a variant of the AR15.

There is a good reason for the HBAR rule, too.

Leave it alone, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom