• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canonian

Jan 5, 2013
    Elkridge
    Has anyone noticed that AR prices are down?

Was on gun broker browsing and Sig M400 Enhanced has a buy it now for $1399
    S&W M&P Sport $995
    S&W M&P OR $1199

Seems some brands have dropped to actual list or near list pricing.
    Anyone see this at the local shops?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    AR prices are clearly down on GB. I know, 'cause I'm hurting from buying a month-and-a-half ago. Why do I even look? It's like picking a scab. NIB LE6920's were selling over $1850 in late January. Now, no way.

canonian

Jan 5, 2013
    Elkridge
    AR prices are clearly down on GB. I know, 'cause I'm hurting from buying a month-and-a-half ago. Why do I even look? It's like picking a scab. NIB LE6920's were selling over $1850 in late January. Now, no way.

If they ban them you will not be unhappy but I understand.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

You knew it was a risk, I'm sure

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Constitutional Firearms have a Mossberg MMR 5.56 for $1000. Yeah, prices are definitely going done. Hopefully, ammo follows really soon.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I see pricing coming down everywhere, firearms and ammo.

National scare may be over soon - congress can't agree on anything: I can't remember the last time that they did - I don't see much if anything about firearms getting passed.

Maryland is another issue - but nationwide, MD has little influence over firearm/ammo pricing (online especially).

I have made handgun purchases this week, at very good price levels (below MSRP)- but it hasn't been easy - very time consuming.

I am only buying handguns this year- since MD will most likely make it harder and more expensive next year. Not into ARs but I do have an appreciation for their utility.

The president has done zero to take away any gun rights - congress holds the keys to the kingdom.

- - yet we run around like chickens with our heads cut off every time the President talks about his views on gun control and during presidential election time.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton

brother I feel your pain.... I paid $1500 for a S&W MP Sport on there and I almost cried when I saw it on there the other day now for $995.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    brother I feel your pain.... I paid $1500 for a S&W MP Sport on there and I almost cried when I saw it on there the other day now for $995.

I hear you, but if we beat this back, I'll gladly take the economic hit. Freedom has no price, so in comparison, what is losing a few hundred bucks on an AR hedge?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

I saw a shop in FL selling M&P's with magpul furniture and chinese lights on them for 2-2.5k in early January.

:shocked2:

Oh, my friend, when I was at the last Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly (early Feb?) I didn't see a single LE6920 under $2500. Around that time, I wandered into The Gun Center in Frederick and they had just gotten in five California S&W AR clones. Sporter barrels, 5 rd mags, bullet button, the works. Asking price was...$2700. One week later, all 5 were still for sale. Haven't been back since. Two weeks ago I was at the Philly show at the Oaks, and one vendor was selling NIB LE6920's for $1500. Wow.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    While I can feel sympathy for those who are new to all of this and bought high out of fear that they would not be able to buy at all. Those decisions were made based on the information that was available at the time. Panic buying is NEVER a good idea for ANY thing. Now buying to protect ones freedoms is a GREAT thing no matter when it happens. The prize is worth the money at twice the price.

I am, however, going to be laughing my ass off at those who ran out and paid panic prices to buy up every round of ammunition that they could find... expecting that they could resell it on the web for three times the price. Those folks are now seeing things normalize and starting to panic about whether or not they will be able to break even. Too bad... So sad... :lol2: They can EAT those thousand round boxes of boolitts that they do NOT even have a gun to shoot with.:mad54: And to those that bought up as many AR Lowers and other parts that they could find but NEVER intended to use... with the idea that they would make a killing off of the pro 2A folks... You want salt pepper ketchup wid dat? :lol2: Bon Apetite! KARMA is a vindictive BITCH! :party29:

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    While I can feel sympathy for those who are new to all of this and bought high out of fear that they would not be able to buy at all. Those decisions were made based on the information that was available at the time. Panic buying is NEVER a good idea for ANY thing. Now buying to protect ones freedoms is a GREAT thing no matter when it happens. The prize is worth the money at twice the price.

I am, however, going to be laughing my ass off at those who ran out and paid panic prices to buy up every round of ammunition that they could find... expecting that they could resell it on the web for three times the price. Those folks are now seeing things normalize and starting to panic about whether or not they will be able to break even. Too bad... So sad... :lol2: They can EAT those thousand round boxes of boolitts that they do NOT even have a gun to shoot with.:mad54: And to those that bought up as many AR Lowers and other parts that they could find but NEVER intended to use... with the idea that they would make a killing off of the pro 2A folks... You want salt pepper ketchup wid dat? :lol2: Bon Apetite! KARMA is a vindictive BITCH! :party29:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Only thing I've paid a little to much for is a HBAR RRA AR about 2 months ago. I already had one AR-15 but I wanted a 2nd stripped lower and at the time I couldn't find anything. I saw the rifle and thought why not, I had the money to spare at the time and now i'm still happy with my rifle. :)

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    I haven't bought guns or ammo during the panic. But I intend to make sure I keep a good supply on hand during the next non-panic period. Things have not fully recovered yet, but I think we are still in a bit of a panic. I want Midway and Cabelas to offer ammunition sales before I call the panic over.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I haven't bought guns or ammo during the panic. But I intend to make sure I keep a good supply on hand during the next non-panic period. Things have not fully recovered yet, but I think we are still in a bit of a panic. I want Midway and Cabelas to offer ammunition sales before I call the panic over.

That might be a little while yet... :D But soon, hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom