• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

According to detectives, the victim possessed a valid concealed carry permit in the District, and his firearm was duly registered.

This is the way.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This is the way!

That being said, I'm sure the experts will say the driver should have just let the carjacker "take the car, it's only property" or the driver "should have drove away". The driver was "obviously looking for their first kill".

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    This is the way!

That being said, I'm sure the experts will say the driver should have just let the carjacker "take the car, it's only property" or the driver "should have drove away". The driver was "obviously looking for their first kill".
    Of course they'd say that..... but:

The victim, positioned near his vehicle, was approached by two suspects traveling in a car. One of the suspects retrieved a gun and demanded the victim surrender his car.

The victim assisted the suspect until help arrived.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I'm sure that reporter will soon be punished for, correctly for a change, identifying the carjackee as the victim. The Propaganda Department cannot allow correct terminology for a properly armed citizen to stand!

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    AFAIK, no.

One has a new hole. The other perp ran.
    Yeah, It sounds like he’s still kicking.

”…the suspect, 27-year-old Marcus Thompson, injuring him.

The victim assisted the suspect until help arrived. Simultaneously, the other suspect fled the scene while the victim provided aid to Thompson. Thompson was subsequently taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.”

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Between the woman successfully taking on four burglars in Philly the other day, and this cat defending himself on DC's mean streets, that's two innocent citizens who get to enjoy more time on this rock that they may not necessarily have had if the weren't prepared.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Yeah, It sounds like he’s still kicking.

”…the suspect, 27-year-old Marcus Thompson, injuring him.

The victim assisted the suspect until help arrived. Simultaneously, the other suspect fled the scene while the victim provided aid to Thompson. Thompson was subsequently taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.”
    Rendering aid came up in the other thread about the "quiet and inquisitive scholar who loved fashion and football". In that case, the permitted carrier rendered CPR, and it weighed substantially in his favor in terms of being released before trial.

Aside from making myself vulnerable and losing situational awareness when focusing on rendering aid, I don't want to expose myself to infectious bodily fluids. I'm calling 911 and letting them handle it.

Last edited:

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Criminals will just start targeting vehicles with non-DC plates. That greatly reduces to risk of the driver being armed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom