• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Thank God he was not driving with some older .22s from like the 50's that do not have SNs.....

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I wonder what this means for the people who opted for the ATF style serialization scheme.
    It should be treated the same as any other firearm. According to what the FFL that did mine said, they can now be transferred legally because they have a serial number.

I carry a couple of my builds that are in full compliance with the state law.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    We should be soooo looking forward to SCOTUS taking up Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo next session. For 40 years, courts have given agences incredible leeway, deferring to them when they interpret federal statutes even though laypersons can see the interpretations are full of shit. Agencies may WANT to do lots of ambitious things, but SOTUS may well end up telling them their leash is only as long at a careful reading of the law allows them. If the agencies want to do more, go ask Congress for the authority.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    I'm looking forward for SCOTUS to actually do their job and take on cases on a priority basis that involve the Constitution. I find it total BS they found the time to rule on abortion and student loans yet drag their feet on 2A issues that attack our Constitutional rights.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm looking forward for SCOTUS to actually do their job and take on cases on a priority basis that involve the Constitution. I find it total BS they found the time to rule on abortion and student loans yet drag their feet on 2A issues that attack our Constitutional rights.
    I do wish they would be quicker with 2A cases but I am very glad that they ruled on both of those issues.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    It should be treated the same as any other firearm. According to what the FFL that did mine said, they can now be transferred legally because they have a serial number.

I carry a couple of my builds that are in full compliance with the state law.
    Not the handguns. They have to be on the roster.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

Not the handguns. They have to be on the roster.
    I believe this is a very grey area of the law. PMF's only needed serialization due to that stupid law. Since they are PMFs, they would never actually be on any handgun roster. They weren't bought as a handgun.

Of course, IANAL.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I believe this is a very grey area of the law. PMF's only needed serialization due to that stupid law. Since they are PMFs, they would never actually be on any handgun roster. They weren't bought as a handgun.

Of course, IANAL.
    Neither am I. I do not think it is any grey area. Handguns sold in the state have to be on the roster. C&R excepted.
    Maybe a FFL will weigh in.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Serialized frames(pistol) needed to be on the roster prior to the new law. Unserialized PMFs did not, prior to the new law.

I have no idea how they are treating them now.

I recently bought a PSA Dagger frame. It is on the roster. The 'Glock Store's GSX100 can't be purchased in Md. It's not on the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom