• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Nothing in the swamps for me. And of course DNR officer checking licenses saw half a dozen in the road that evening 100yds up from where I was parked.

Figures. With the coming rain/snow, the eastern shore as a morning left for me, but I am hitting the road when the rain hits. If it’s just snow and no rain when I get home I’ll probably grab my crossbow and go sit in my backyard stand for the last few hours of the day and pop the first decent sized deer that wanders in, to cap my season.

Failing that, MLK day is probably my last sit.

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    I've still been out here and there with my bow. Was hoping to take the 350 out one more time tomorrow but the weather looks... Not fun. Having 2 in the freezer already makes it a bit easier to pass on the last day of late rifle, I'll be out a few more times with my bow before end of the month though.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Just walked in,,, I was out yesterday Morning and evening, and this morning,, even got in my stand 50 minutes before legal light,, Nothing,, The deer vacated this area Nov 26th

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Yesterday afternoon was most likely my last deer hunt of the year, saw 1 young buck-5 doe, took one of the doe with the ML for a co-worker, not seeing as many and movement is mainly right at or before dark

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    a Little humor for all you folks that see nice deer in the burbs and developments where you can’t hunt them easily.

the latest in deer stand tech!

IMG_2634.png

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A negative for the eastern shore for me. Other than a big fox looking for love in all the wrong places (like in my blind practically). No sign at all, other than walking out I saw an eye blinking in the woods maybe 100yds away that was probably a deer based on the height of the eye. DNR doing license checks saw a bunch out on the road 100yds away though. Figures.

Still relaxing and peaceful, so can't knock that. I was going to try the stand in my backyard when I got back, but just heavy rain here, no snow. MLK day I'll probably sit the morning, and maybe the evening too. But that is almost certainly going to be my last day hunting of the year.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Remember the rules of safety when you're out there guys. Like the one where you don't take shots at silhouetted deer/no back stop. My neighbor had a bullet come through her roof yesterday morning because some a$$hole on the neighboring farm didn't follow the rules. The bullet went through the roof in to her living room, bounced off a wall and ended up in the middle of the carpet. Literally could have killed someone.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Remember the rules of safety when you're out there guys. Like the one where you don't take shots at silhouetted deer/no back stop. My neighbor had a bullet come through her roof yesterday morning because some a$$hole on the neighboring farm didn't follow the rules. The bullet went through the roof in to her living room, bounced off a wall and ended up in the middle of the carpet. Literally could have killed someone.
    I was not a fan of the SWC in shotgun counties change,,, sooner than later we will see the distance to an occupied dwelling increase from 150 yards to 200, 250,, "because of the greater distance of the SWC"
    This will knock out a metric $hit ton of huntable property

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    Well, we ended up with two does on public on the shore yesterday. Pretty miserable the second half of the day. Soaked head to toe even with rain gear.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    My one Granddaughter age 8 got her first deer yesterday. It was not in Maryland but in Tennessee. Her two brothers got theirs earlier in the season. Used an AR15 and shot was about 150 yards.

Attachments

• imageAubreyDeer (18).jpg
      imageAubreyDeer (18).jpg
      43 KB · Views: 65
    • imageAubreyDeer (17).jpg
      imageAubreyDeer (17).jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 64

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    My one Granddaughter age 8 got her first deer yesterday. It was not in Maryland but in Tennessee. Her two brothers got theirs earlier in the season. Used an AR15 and shot was about 150 yards.
    Congratulations to all but especially to that young lady!!

Tell them we are proud of them!!

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    I was not a fan of the SWC in shotgun counties change,,, sooner than later we will see the distance to an occupied dwelling increase from 150 yards to 200, 250,, "because of the greater distance of the SWC"
    This will knock out a metric $hit ton of huntable property
    Don’t give the md horse council ideas. They would also lobby for that to apply to archery.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    My 11 YO grandson just sent this pic of a button buck. He shot it this evening right before dark in Tenn. Used an AR15. Says he is mostly wanting to make jerky out of it with dads help. He is skinning it now.

imageLandonbuttonbuck0 (18).jpg

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    Saw 9 out today, but all around 60-75 yards. Picked out a tree for Saturday (likely my last hunt of the season) that's within range of all of em, so they will all be under the tree I was in today then instead of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom