• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    You mean to tell me that BPS had something that no other place in the entire country had? Color me surprised.

I can't remember a time where I ever HAD TO HAVE a certain gun right away. I have kind of a wish list in my head and if one of those pops up at a great price I buy it. That's just kinda the way my brain works with regard to firearms and cars alike.

of course, if something that's not on the list in my head pops up for a great deal I'll buy that too :D

I can. September 30, 2013. :mad54:

My 16" barrel Tavor.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    You mean to tell me that BPS had something that no other place in the entire country had? Color me surprised.

I can't remember a time where I ever HAD TO HAVE a certain gun right away. I have kind of a wish list in my head and if one of those pops up at a great price I buy it. That's just kinda the way my brain works with regard to firearms and cars alike.

of course, if something that's not on the list in my head pops up for a great deal I'll buy that too :D

Pretty much the same. After a while I just decided to buy last summer, being afraid of what might happen if Hillary won, otherwise I probably would have waited another year or so waiting for it to be in stock and maybe on sale.

Started searching availablity online, asked several IP's about ordering ... all came up blank except our lovely BassPro and I think a Cabelas in AZ or CA.

Really had to do my best pretend acting to throw a fit about my wait as I was not in the least surprised at their incompetence nor the extended wait. :innocent0

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Really had to do my best pretend acting to throw a fit about my wait as I was not in the least surprised at their incompetence nor the extended wait. :innocent0

I have scheduled a meeting with the General Manager of Pro Bass this Thursday. Trust me, there will be no pretending on my part.
    This will not be a good day for him.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have scheduled a meeting with the General Manager of Pro Bass this Thursday. Trust me, there will be no pretending on my part.

I hope your stuff gets resolved but you gotta think of the liability of larger corporations. I'm dealing with Freddie Mac or Fannie May I can't remember on some real estate stuff at work and their lawyers are a freaking pain. I'm asking for minimal effort on their part so I can help keep the community safe.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I hope your stuff gets resolved but you gotta think of the liability of larger corporations. I'm dealing with Freddie Mac or Fannie May I can't remember on some real estate stuff at work and their lawyers are a freaking pain. I'm asking for minimal effort on their part so I can help keep the community safe.

Understood.
    I don't intend for "wait time" to be the focus of this meeting but rather the incompetence, condescending, and down right rude service that was provided throughout this entire transaction that lead up to the extended wait time.

I know they don't give a shit but it just may help bring closure to be able to give them a piece of my mind.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I normally purchase my handguns at A&D Pawn in Glen Burnie, or order it online to a local FFL. But A&D didn't have the model I wanted , and I saw it RIGHT THERE in Bass Pro and just reacted. I've purchased 3 handguns in the last year from A&D. And after completing the Paperwork, I picked my guns up exactly 7 days from that time.

Since you mentioned A&D pawn, I would never buy a gun from them. I went in there about 6 years ago looking for an AR. The sales pitch was, "man this thing will go through whatever you want. You could even shoot up a police car and it'll go right through". Obviously they didn't know what I do. So I looked with disbelief because I couldn't believe the stupidity that just came out of his mouth. And I walked right out of the store, never to return again. I'd NEVER NEVER buy anything from them. I'll never forget that!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Understood.
    I don't intend for "wait time" to be the focus of this meeting but rather the incompetence, condescending, and down right rude service that was provided throughout this entire transaction that lead up to the extended wait time.

I know they don't give a shit but it just may help bring closure to be able to give them a piece of my mind.

Fully legit complaints

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I have waited over two weeks and have spent hours of waiting at their counter on numerous occasions, numerous phone calls, emails, etc. At this point, a "refund" does not account for all of my time and aggravation. That's assuming a "refund" is even an option.

Mind you, I have successfully met every Maryland state requirement and possess an HQL, not to mention the fact that I am a licensed collector, C&R FFL, and CCW holder in the state of Florida (non-resident). Point being, I am clearly "in the system". There is no excuse for a 15+ day (and counting) waiting period.

I work parttime for a local IP, and I can tell your MSP responses are almost always back BEFORE the 7 day waiting period is up whether they are 'Not Disapproved' or Disappproved. There are the rare instances where MSP claims to not having received the fax and the even more rare occasions where something was screwed up in the paper work causing an MSP Void (application reject). Something is wrong for this to take 15 days and my bet is the problem is with Bass Pro..

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I had a shitty experience with a couple salesman at BPS in the past and asked to speak with the GM. If it is the same GM, he is a stand up guy who did everything he could to fix the issue.

As for most of the "salesman" at BPS they suck.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Too bad BPS don't sell old milsurp calibers. Cabela's gots 'em beat there.

But unfortunately Basspro in the not so far past bought out Cabelas. What will they turn that into? Fingers crossed hopefully nothing but comparing apples and oranges or dems and republicans. Never enjoyed a Basspro sales flyer like I do a Cabelas.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I have waited over two weeks and have spent hours of waiting at their counter on numerous occasions, numerous phone calls, emails, etc. At this point, a "refund" does not account for all of my time and aggravation. That's assuming a "refund" is even an option.

Mind you, I have successfully met every Maryland state requirement and possess an HQL, not to mention the fact that I am a licensed collector, C&R FFL, and CCW holder in the state of Florida (non-resident). Point being, I am clearly "in the system". There is no excuse for a 15+ day (and counting) waiting period.

This definitely sucks, I bought a pistol last Wednesday, (from an IP) and pick it up today.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Too bad BPS don't sell old milsurp calibers. Cabela's gots 'em beat there.

I was a bit upset there isn't a Cabela anywhere near the where I'm going to retire.

Then I found Academy Sporting Goods right down the street from the local BPS. They sale all kinds of Mil Sup ammo and even bulk tins

Life is looking better everyday. :cool:.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Visiting BassPro is one of the few things I look forward to when I have to visit the mall. They always carry a good selection of firearms, and for many that are not as initiated as most of us here on MDShooters are, they can be very helpful. Especially if you speak with one of the folks at the counter that IS a member here, or really knows their stuff. I've had a couple wrinkles there trying to buy a gun (years ago), in the end, worked out alright. I'd much rather buy from a local, proper 'gun shop' but in a pinch, don't mind the hassle. BP also has a good selection of ammo.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Visiting BassPro is one of the few things I look forward to when I have to visit the mall. They always carry a good selection of firearms, and for many that are not as initiated as most of us here on MDShooters are, they can be very helpful. Especially if you speak with one of the folks at the counter that IS a member here, or really knows their stuff. I've had a couple wrinkles there trying to buy a gun (years ago), in the end, worked out alright. I'd much rather buy from a local, proper 'gun shop' but in a pinch, don't mind the hassle. BP also has a good selection of ammo.

Lucky for me, I never "have" to visit that mall. Once in a while, I meet a client over that way, but I never feel compelled to visit the mall.

Another good thing, I cannot imagine ever being in a pinch for anything that I cannot buy at Walmart. The only thing I might ever need is ammo, and Walmart usually carries that stuff. It would have to be one heck of a pinch though with me not having the components to reload what I need.

I guess I could be in a pinch fishing wise, but that hasn't happened for a while either. I am pretty good with making lists of things I need and then mail ordering the stuff.

The heart breaker is that Bass Pro now owns Cabelas. Hopefully, some of Cabelas can rub off on Bass Pro, and not vice versa.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011

Well you can tell him that I don't stop by their gun counter based on what I've read here and a few fairly minor personal experiences.

My personal experiences haven't been too bad because I keep my dealings with them to a minimum.

That's circular I know...:D

ih8unot

Mar 20, 2011
    Dundalk
    Understood.

Was it a big ginger kid with glasses?

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Interesting update:

I called the Maryland State Police this morning just to ask questions about the "seven day waiting period". I just wanted to be informed going into this meetng tomorrow with the general manager of Bass Pro. What I learned was that the store has no obligation to release after seven days. More importantly, what I learned was that my approval was sent back to them on December 23rd!

I am SOOO looking forward to this meeting. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom