• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've taken new shooters out often. Usually end up taking them to buy a gun later.

New shooters is a different thing, IMO.

New shooters don't tend to come into the situation with deep seated fears and preconceptions - I can deal with new shooters easily.

Those border-line antis, F 'em. They're not changing my mind, I'm not changing their mind. I've tried before, and the only thing I could show for it was frustration.

**Those who do, good on you - hope you have better luck than I did the few times I tried.

CityShooter

Jan 20, 2015
    Walkersville
    I feel like a neutral person who grows up in MD will lean left due to the mediam that's why I used the term default liberal rather than uninitiated.

But you are right- these are the people we can actively win over to our side, and cityshooter, that is the stuff I'm talking about.

Most of my black friends are sensible people, but almost without exception they had a negative view of the NRA- some still do, even ones that vote with us for 2A causes.

I think we just really need to get the truth out there, and every person I'v 'de-programmed' has then disseminated their new views to their family and friends, and some even bring people from their lives to the range and the cycle continues.

I promised myself I would get back onto this project of mine once ammo prices fell back to normal.

This is how we secure 2A for our children

I agree, I am black and always had a mind of my own and I joined the NRA and love it. My black friends did not though but now 5 out of 6 of my close friends are all members of the NRA and one of them is an instructor down in Florida now. I think there needs to be more black men to speak out to their circles and break the ice so to speak.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I agree, I am black and always had a mind of my own and I joined the NRA and love it. My black friends did not though but now 5 out of 6 of my close friends are all members of the NRA and one of them is an instructor down in Florida now. I think there needs to be more black men to speak out to their circles and break the ice so to speak.

Someone needs to get the message out. The NRA was formed to protect the gun rights of the blacks. If more black people knew that, they might have a different opinion of the NRA.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Someone needs to get the message out. The NRA was formed to protect the gun rights of the blacks. If more black people knew that, they might have a different opinion of the NRA.

Amen. The libs are much better at indoctrination than we are at getting the facts out

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Sure, take em all the time. Sometimes they come home, sometimes they don't. IDGAF. :shrug:

944174_511805518904703_1915897156_n.jpg

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have taken 2 liberals shooting in the past and I'm probably done. Neither was an ass, but they both kept condescending comments coming and a lot of smirks and "nobody needs these."
    I offered that nobody "needs" their wine, jewelry, Suburban for 1 kid, etc. But I don't bitch about them having those things or try to stop them from having them.

Sometimes self imposed segregation is good.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    They always get skeeerd and run off when I put an orange targ dot on their forehead and prop 'em up on the 100 yd. berm

Darn, wish I thought of that. Those target dots are a lot cheaper than apples!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    When I first turned 18 and really got into shooting at ranges and being outdoors I was the only black guy around here that was that way. I, until recently, was the only black NRA member that I knew. I had friends who also associated the NRA to just being a group of all white men that loved guns and hated black people but I knew better from being around events and ranges. Recently though I have all my friends down with the NRA and more involved in the politics behind everything, our rights and the truth about the NRA. Now there is a healthy-sized group of us white and black men and women that love getting together to cook, eat, shoot etc. All friends and no segregation between anyone, it's fun and I love every moment....I still think about moving out of this state from time to time but I figured I was born and raised here I mind as well stay and see things through till the end and help get some of these laws changed.

Welcome to our forum! Glad to have ya! (saw you only have 5 posts). I think the main reason many black folk don't have firearms or experience with them is that so many do live in the city with few opportunities to experience shooting but then hear about all the crime that is often committed using firearms. Happens with many city white folk as well. Growing up in northern AA county for the last 50+ years, many black folk I knew lived on or around farms and, even if they weren't way into shooting, they usually owned a firearm or 2 (or even more) and a good number hunted.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Welcome to our forum! Glad to have ya! (saw you only have 5 posts). I think the main reason many black folk don't have firearms oe experience with them is that so many do live in the city with few opportunities to experience shooting but then hear all the crime that is often commit using firearms. Happens with many city white folk as well. Growing up in northern AA county for the last 50+ years, many black folk I knew lived on or around farms and, even if they weren't way into shooting, they usually owned a firearm or 2 (or even more) and a good number hunted.

the teacher for my driving school was an older black gentleman, and he gave us the lowdown the first day, he said something along the lines of

"As a man the two most important things you need to know how to work are your wife's *bleep* and your firearm (I guess singular?), this is just driving, it's nowhere near as important"

I wonder where that guy is today.

He also told us that if you take out your teeth before you head to bed with the misses, she damn sure won't ever divorce you.

That guy was awesome

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Quite a few liberals are actually mostly nominally 'liberal' or else merely vote for liberal Democrats simply because, well...they are Democrats or born into a Democratic family, or whatever. I, myself, was a Democrat for a number of years after reaching voting age even though I wasn't Liberal in the sense the term is used nowadays. Many others may consider themselves liberal...and may even be 'social liberals'. But Liberals who are primarily 'social liberals' often have a general Libertarian bent and can be brought around to be open towards gun ownership.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Better title for this thread: Bite the bullet and take a liberal shooting.

I'd have to think hard to choose a liberal to take, while not shooting them at the range. Most the libs I know already do shoot. I'll think of someone.

johnlax38

NOOB
    Nov 19, 2013
    Crofton, MD
    Take anyone who's never shot and show the fun of a new sport that is cheaper that golf and takes a little less athletic ability (sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling on that). If we each took five new shooters a year to the range it just might make a difference in a few years.

This. At my office we have a shooting team and send company wide invites. We have shown the light too many gun grabbing libs. They now love shooting, the sport and the challenge.

CityShooter

Jan 20, 2015
    Walkersville
    Welcome to our forum! Glad to have ya! (saw you only have 5 posts). I think the main reason many black folk don't have firearms or experience with them is that so many do live in the city with few opportunities to experience shooting but then hear about all the crime that is often committed using firearms. Happens with many city white folk as well. Growing up in northern AA county for the last 50+ years, many black folk I knew lived on or around farms and, even if they weren't way into shooting, they usually owned a firearm or 2 (or even more) and a good number hunted.

I completely agree, I'm from the city and when I was growing up I wasn't around a lot of people that had guns and those that did were only handguns and When I first got out of the city I was in a more rural area and got exposed to a lot more and found what I've been missing and now I can't get enough. I love that I had open minded friends from the city, maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones. I converted most of my friends over, three of them actually moved out of Maryland for better gun laws haha. We went from playing wall ball in city alleys to doing survival training/camping out in the woods. In turn we have made our families more aware and gun friendly and it has spread from there and I believe there needs to be more of that with other minorities.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Have you noticed that every time the left goes to the topic of black shooters they always imply that the NRA does not want black people to have guns?

Where is this idea coming from?

It seems really really racist- on their part

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you noticed that every time the left goes to the topic of black shooters they always imply that the NRA does not want black people to have guns?

Where is this idea coming from?

It seems really really racist- on their part

I think it comes from blacks themselves. I think they regard the NRA as a functioning wing of the KKK. At least in a lot of the 'old guard'. :shrug:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I'm not sure a condescending, insulting attitude towards "liberals" or any other group really helps the cause. I have a number of friends who might be described as liberal, who vote for Democratic Party candidates, and who own and shoot some nice firearms, and hunt deer and other animals with firearms and with bows. One of my best buddies, a friend for 40 years, is a minor Democratic Party official in his state, and is an avid shooter and hunter.

We need allies, not enemies, and I really think it is time to stop play the "us" versus "them" game, and to expend our efforts on finding friends wherever and among whomever they can be found.

Andddddddd I STILL don't GAF, they go to the range fine, they don't well that's also fine. :rolleyes: It's not my mission or job to convert anybody. :shrug: More ammo for me.:cool:

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm not sure a condescending, insulting attitude towards "liberals" or any other group really helps the cause. I have a number of friends who might be described as liberal, who vote for Democratic Party candidates, and who own and shoot some nice firearms, and hunt deer and other animals with firearms and with bows. One of my best buddies, a friend for 40 years, is a minor Democratic Party official in his state, and is an avid shooter and hunter.

We need allies, not enemies, and I really think it is time to stop play the "us" versus "them" game, and to expend our efforts on finding friends wherever and among whomever they can be found.

WE can stop the condescending, insulting attitude. But why, because THEY won't. Frosh, O'Malley, and Brown are 3 prime examples.

WE can stop the "us versus them game. But why, because THEY won't.

Libtards NEVER go against THEIR cause, which is to make the lives of freedom-loving Americans miserable with more and more gooberment intrusion and regulation.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    New shooters is a different thing, IMO.

New shooters don't tend to come into the situation with deep seated fears and preconceptions - I can deal with new shooters easily.

Those border-line antis, F 'em. They're not changing my mind, I'm not changing their mind. I've tried before, and the only thing I could show for it was frustration.

**Those who do, good on you - hope you have better luck than I did the few times I tried.

Oh, I've taken a few antis out, usually they change their tune. I won't take rabid antis out though, different fish there. As for deep seated fears, SNI was a raw newbie, scared shitless of my AR and my 1911, two shots out of each and she went and bought one of each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom