• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My friend MJ recommended these

michael-jackson-glove.jpg

****Technically, he would have only recommended ONE glove as he lost the other glove either in Ms. Piggy, Macauley Culkin, or Brooke Shields.. :lol2:

shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Most often I use a pair of Under Armour batting gloves. They aren't quite as warm as I would like but I compensate with the hand warmer packets already mentioned. I like most the grip they give on cold, slick metal. I'd really be upset if I dropped my skeet gun on the concrete.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I've got a bunch of USGI cold weather mittens with a trigger finger that makes them look like someone sewed on an extra digit...haven't tried them yet but I am heading to Elk Neck tomorrow with a new bolt gun so we'll see how those work, it's going to be a delightful 34 degrees.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I've got a bunch of USGI cold weather mittens with a trigger finger that makes them look like someone sewed on an extra digit...haven't tried them yet but I am heading to Elk Neck tomorrow with a new bolt gun so we'll see how those work, it's going to be a delightful 34 degrees.

Those shells and liners are about the coldest gloves I ever put on

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I have a couple pair my wife got me from a horse supply place. One pair are Neumans I don't remember the what the other pair are but they don't have the tacky palm like the Neumans.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I realize that I like shooting outdoors in the fall/winter as opposed to at an inside range. Any suggestions for outdoor shooting gloves?
    I have found that Manzellas are the best for me. I have one of the thinner ones that I have the index finger partly cut off on works good for speed shooting a pistol or rifle. Its thin enough so I can put another glove over it when not shooting. For hunting I think the Manzella Coyotes are pretty good. Form fitting and the trigger finger has a high traction cover so you don't need to cut the finger off.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD

I have these and they're a bit thick for any precision work; e.g. pistol and any long distance rifle. Not a lot of dexterity available to the user IMO.

A thin glove like the SKD Tac gloves and pocket handwarmers ought to do it.

I have these OR gloves too. Getting .22lr out of the box is near impossible without dumping the box upside down. 9mm is ok. Not real cold weather gloves, but they are nice and "tacky", as in sticky. I do enjoy shooting with them despite having to take one off to reload sometimes

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I've got these in black:http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Full-Dexterity-Tactical-FDT-Alpha-Glove-p/pig.700.htm

A bit expensive compared to Mechanix gloves but very comfortable and I can use my phone with them on.

I have the original version of those without silver thread for phone use and they're great as I mentioned - amazing dexterity. Not going to be *that* warm, but double bagging it with some handwarmers when not shooting, then removing the outer glove to shoot with just these on is going to be more pleasant than just freezing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom