Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Inexpensive mechanics gloves work for me in cool or moderately cold weather. For really cold weather I have some gloves I purchased years ago with Thinsulate and also a muff.

I used reusable hand warmers during bitterly cold deer hunting weather (boil to re-activate). Those things only give heat for 1 - 2 hrs but get really warm.

I have used a Jon-E-warmer (catalytic type) in a goose blind where I'm not worried about odor. (I can't usually smell them....doesn't mean a deer cant!)

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I've bought all different types of gloves and I keep coming back to the pair of wool glove liners that I bought from an Army surplus store for $5.

These things:
    208778_ts.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I ordered a pair of each of these. The first set are thin but warm neoprene - snug but stretch to fit without bulk. The second pair are leather and were tight to start, but after breaking them in over the last few days they have eased up and are skin tight with no bulk. Both grip well. Neither are for extended cold weather, but provide enough protection while actively shooting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013C7ZFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EDH7G2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Mechanix gloves with thin Ibex wool liner.

I have a safety/hunter orange pair for upland hunting, and a coyote pair for fox/predator hunting.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    With my XXL hand, with XXX Long fingers , I haven't found a pair of gloves to Properly fit me , since I was aprox 12yo.

For actual shooting, the least worst choice has been polypro glove liners. Streatch enough, and thin enough to actually do decent shooting. BUT while warm for their weight and bulk , they won't cut it for all day in actual in actual Cold. The .99 brown cotton work glove that I otherwise keep handy year round can sometime be used to shoot , with some firearms.

Keep gun hand in pocket most of the time

Loose mitten over top of liner on gun hand *quickly whip off when see game*

Warm glove that pull off easily " " " " " "

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    In the past I have used Mechanix gloves and some even thinner neoprene gloves. This year I wanted some warmer gloves so I picked up some Seirus Hyperlite All Weather gloves at Dicks for around $40. They are only slightly thicker than Mechanix gloves, but a lot warmer. I haven't actually used than for shooting, but I've used them for other tasks and based on how they perform I think they would still work great for shooting.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    I use mechanix gloves when ever im doing something like pig/boar hunting or when I know I will be shooting during the summer and its hot. I also like to use them when I am at the range shooting handguns that are textured. After a few hundred rounds my hands start to hurt from the grips I put on my sig and they hold my glocks really well in my hand. I really shouldn't say hurt, more like and uncomfortable raw feeling. You could get all fancy and spend upwards of 100 dollars on shooting gloves that have this feature and that feature but to me and what I normally do, mechanix fit the bill just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom