• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Some have to to survive. Others just realized that they have very few legitimate opportunities to earn more income than enough to simply subsist, so some turn to a more lucrative trade.

In truth, no one has to do anything. The American colonists could have survived with Britain's taxes, but they saw an opportunity for something better.

One could take your statement as: "What happened in Baltimore is simply a revolution taking place".

If that is your meaning, you are fighting the wrong people.

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton
    No. It is because of your use of an antiquated euphemism for a specific minority that now occupies pejorative territory. For many today, 'coloreds' is considered a dysphemism which, according to the offended, reflects a prejudiced point of view.

Oh boy... Give me a break

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    "Tribalism" maybe?

We have a natural affinity to those who most resemble us, and are predisposed to their protection.

Accepting others is an intellectual leap, but IMO requires an active suspension of animus, which involves mutual trust.

I don't doubt that we can measure an affinity among people for those who resemble them. A natural affinity, though? Are we certain that this isn't a learned behavior? It's peculiar that people use this only as a justification for distrust based on differences in skin color, not for the myriad other cosmetic differences in humans.

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    One could take your statement as: "What happened in Baltimore is simply a revolution taking place".

If that is your meaning, you are fighting the wrong people.

Not at all what I meant, sorry for the lack of clarity. If what happened in Baltimore was a revolution, they'd be burning more squad cars and less civic centers. Most of the violence and property damage is opportunism and maybe raw frustration, not politically motivated or focused.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not at all what I meant, sorry for the lack of clarity. If what happened in Baltimore was a revolution, they'd be burning more squad cars and less civic centers. Most of the violence and property damage is opportunism and maybe raw frustration, not politically motivated or focused.

You said the Colonials started a revolution because of higher British taxes.

But the Colonials didn't run around burning their own firefighting wagons and town businesses.

They went after the people who were directly responsible for their oppression. They went after the governing body. They went after the British.

Why in the hell would you go after and burn more police cars? The police department is not a governing body. The police are not keeping anyone down.

You seem like an intelligent individual. So answer me this.

What is and has been the predominant make-up of the governing body and political party within Baltimore City for the past forty years?

You answer that question, truthfully, and you'll know where to direct your anger.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I don't doubt that we can measure an affinity among people for those who resemble them. A natural affinity, though? Are we certain that this isn't a learned behavior? It's peculiar that people use this only as a justification for distrust based on differences in skin color, not for the myriad other cosmetic differences in humans.

Learned can become "natural", if it is common enough over a long enough period. In a successful 'blended' society, the frictions [theoretically] should all but vanish over time.

As to the bolded... Please explain the history of the plains wars among the American Indians, or all the tribal conflicts throughout central Africa for centuries. I'd even go so far as to include western European conquests and generational oppression.

So, no... it's not just about appearance. A group's way of life, needs and desires factor in at least as much.

All that said???? Homogenous societies can work through assimilation. Forced Multiculturalism is bunk.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    No. It is because of your use of an antiquated euphemism for a specific minority that now occupies pejorative territory. For many today, 'coloreds' is considered a dysphemism which, according to the offended, reflects a prejudiced point of view.

I use it all the time, lets take a test. Colored boy that isn't worth a shit, puppet master and strong black man that I wished I had the honor to serve under.

Cummings-Lerner-Trunk.jpg

valerie_jarrett_warned_us.jpg

colwest.jpg

Yes I realize this isn't directed at you specifically but even the colored boys will figure it out. There IS a difference!

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace[/B][/I].
    You've been given the first 5. Based on the other demands, you don't want justice, you want the freedom to commit crime. Peace is up to the members of the black community. You need to stop killing each other.
    Blacks never got forty acres and a mule. Your conception of justice is a mockery.

Forty acres and a mule historically never actually existed. It was never federal policy, no bills were ever proposed in the Congress suggesting it. And the executive at the time had the whole "With malice toward none, and charity for all" as part of his second inaugural address. The closest analog to actual reality of "40 acres and a mule" is Sherman's general order number 15. Which he issued to keep recently freed slaves from following his army, as they had the "contraband followers" had slowed his army's pace to 1 1/2 miles a day.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    When I was speaking of victims, I was speaking mainly of urban blight in inner city of black americans. Other minorities in similar situations can be included, as can blue collar or underemployed whites in these areas. The working class poor who cannot at this point in time to aspire to move out of the neighborhood, and even when they do are still limited to the less desirable sections of town "set" aside for the working poor elsewhere. Unfortunately it is also where many of the criminals reside as they can prey on the disenfranchised and "hide in plain site".

Bowie was a mainstream exodus for many of the professional working class DC "govies", contractors, educators, medical, etc. to get out of DC and settle a comfortable frontier out of DC. The problem is over the years some people started subletting, family moving in and branching out with less desirable results because many were not particularly interested in bettering the community. There are kind of like 3 Bowies, the well to do professional blacks, the integrated working professionals, and the who let them out of DC crowd. Many in the black professional community are still tied to and have direct or second generation ties to the civil rights movement. Thus they have not broken ties with the Democratic Party because of what they have seen in their scope of history as the black americans' ally. Because of this some swallow many lies because of a few perceived deep seated roots, but a growing small segment have been turning Independent and conservatives to invest and protect their hard work. Everyone knows someone that votes R or D "because that's how it's always been in my family".

All true and a very astute observation about the "three Bowies," but Bowie is NOT the only town in PG County that exhibits the character traits that I mentioned. I give you Upper Marlboro, Rosaryville, the subdivisions surounding Andrews AFB, etc. It's a common phenomenon throughout the county (and probably the relatively affluent/prosperous geographical "DC Burbs" area).

Let's hope that the forward-thinking segment of the population continues to grow. I'm heartened by Hogan's election - it's a healthy sign that people are looking at the past and turning away.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Many here give no consideration to the possibility that maybe not everyone has the opportunity to get where they have "if they just worked hard like I do every day." It's cognitively comfortable to chalk it up to "Blacks are lazy and don't want to work."

Growing up in a small town in N.C. where the only opportunity was work on a farm. That was the same for everyone blacks and whites. I joined the Navy during the Vietnam war to escape the tobacco fields. That is what helped me get to where I am today. That same opportunity is there for everyone but the BPP don't want blacks to serve in the military. Close a door that could lead to a good life not a hood life.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    There is racism and there are racists, sometimes it is a lot harder to differentiate between the 2, other times not at all. :innocent0

There is also REALISM. Some people, after being repeatedly wronged by specific group of people, begin to develop distrust towards them. Often times this is a hard thing to break. Also watching said group perpetuate all sorts of horrific and violent/criminal acts on TV and other outlets does not help. Blacks have themselves to blame for damn near all the negativity directed towards them in modern America. I don't hate anyone. But I distrust everyone. Certain groups more than others purely due to past experiences. I don't WANT it to be like that but thats how it IS. Not my fault. Im the guy who gets nervous when I see a burkha on a plane. Sue me. Stereotypes exist for a reason. I KNOW I'm no the only one who feels this way. 99% of America has SOME sort of "prejudice", most of it probably developed through life experience. It aids self preservation to observe and know what to look out for.

Ironic case in point, an Asian driver just ran into my PARKED truck's tire 20 minutes ago. Stereotypes exist for a reason, comical or offensive, they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    There is also REALISM. Some people, after being repeatedly wronged by specific group of people, begin to develop distrust towards them. Often times this is a hard thing to break. Also watching said group perpetuate all sorts of horrific and violent/criminal acts on TV and other outlets does not help. Blacks have themselves to blame for damn near all the negativity directed towards them in modern America.
    That can be said about Whites, Hispanics, Christians, the wealthy, the poor, teenagers, etc. If you are a member of any of those groups do you control the entire group and how they represent themselves? No you only can represent yourself and there are areas in this country that white people act like self serving assholes who look at the entire population like dirt even though they have no interaction with them and have the iq of a titmouse.
    I don't hate anyone. But I distrust everyone. Certain groups more than others purely due to past experiences. I don't WANT it to be like that but thats how it IS. Not my fault. Im the guy who gets nervous when I see a burkha on a plane. Sue me. Stereotypes exist for a reason. I KNOW I'm no the only one who feels this way. 99% of America has SOME sort of "prejudice", most of it probably developed through life experience. It aids self preservation to observe and know what to look out for.

Ironic case in point, an Asian driver just ran into my PARKED truck's tire 20 minutes ago. Stereotypes exist for a reason, comical or offensive, they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a difference between being wary of a group of people and believing they all should be separate from everyone else or other races because they do not "belong". I'm not speaking of stereotyping, I'm not even speaking about prejudice, I'm talking about disliking an entire group of people so much that no matter what the actual facts are the person will stick to the extreme negative view that they have against that group. That is not REALISM, that is a disjointed and warped view of the world. But hey, everyone is entitled to their own reasoning

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If blacks hate the terms 'colored' and 'negro', why does the NAACP and United Negro College Fund exist?

When I was a kid, Colored and Negro were the accepted polite words, now they want to use the ridiculous "African American" BS that includes people from the Caribbean and excludes white people from South Africa. To me it's meaningless and I just say Black and leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom