• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    IMHO,,
    Money would be better spent having a cookout and getting to know your neighbors,,, Buy prime steaks and good bear. A good close group of neighbors will be more of a life saver than a vest.
    Here’s a fella got it going on

Know your AOR and know the indigenous

Two thumbs up

I do think knowing the bear first will help ascertain whether it a good bear or a bad bear

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Body armor makes sense for on-duty law enforcement, corrections, and anyone in a combat zone.

Not to read your mind , or put words in your mouth , I will offer a statement :

Reasonably well designed , and reasonably well fitted SOFT body armor is entirely viable to wear all day , every day , Concealed, while conducting virtually all activities, including vigorous physical activity / physical work .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    IMHO,,
    Money would be better spent having a cookout and getting to know your neighbors,,, Buy prime steaks and good bear. A good close group of neighbors will be more of a life saver than a vest.

Again that relates to the baseline question of threat scenarios. More or less normal everyday life vs protracted engagements in paramilitary or apocalyptic context .

Everyday life - being buddies with neighbors doesn't mitigate carjacking, muggers , home invaders , or random events while out and about . ( FWIW , lots of soft armor " saves " involved auto accidents, to mitigate chest trauma .)

End of the world- Suitable and harmonious neighbors to form small units could be key .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been thinking of getting one of these T-shirt IIIA setups, since I fully expect the 2024 election to verge on the perilous, and I'm stuck in MoCo with the wingnuts. I doubt I'd wear it daily, but if/when we transition to SHTF it would be good insurance.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but this area is where the action is . . . along with every major Dem-controlled city.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I've been thinking of getting one of these T-shirt IIIA setups, since I fully expect the 2024 election to verge on the perilous, and I'm stuck in MoCo with the wingnuts. I doubt I'd wear it daily, but if/when we transition to SHTF it would be good insurance.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but this area is where the action is . . . along with every major Dem-controlled city.

Two thumbs up. Got one. Like it a lot. Have NOT TESTED IT YET (or hopefully ever). I can say it wears much easier than plates/carriers.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Two thumbs up. Got one. Like it a lot. Have NOT TESTED IT YET (or hopefully ever). I can say it wears much easier than plates/carriers.
    Thanks for the recommendation; just ordered one.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I should have offered I ordered a black and a white shirt. Size matters if you’ve carefully read their site. Just fyi.
    It never occurred to me to get 2 shirts and switch panels; good idea! I ordered a black one; if my wife decides she'd like one I'd probably get the extra shirt for myself. (They sent me a free shipping coupon for my nest order. Every little bit helps).

Yeah, sizing. I'm currently XL, with minor to moderate aspirations toward L. I did follow their advice and get the L shirt.

I hope I'm wrong about needing it; I have no desire to sweat inside this thing. Just the same, a prudent person in my situation might be well advised to spend the money, just in case.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If a guy wants to get body armor, who am I to deny his right(is it a right?). I say go for it. If it's legal and ethical, WTF?

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    If a guy wants to get body armor, who am I to deny his right(is it a right?). I say go for it. If it's legal and ethical, WTF?
    I don't think anyone's trying to deny rights here, just express our opinions that it's a bad idea.

Kinda like if I knew someone who wanted to date my ex... He'd be within his rights to, but based on my experience... It would be a bad idea lol

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't think anyone's trying to deny rights here, just express our opinions that it's a bad idea.

Kinda like if I knew someone who wanted to date my ex... He'd be within his rights to, but based on my experience... It would be a bad idea lol
    Lol! Yeah, I was using rights with a small "r".

I don't see the logic in OP's multiple strikes logic, I'll admit. Plates are like underwear; you sh!t them up, you throw them away.

As for your ex, got pics? :)

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    Lol! Yeah, I was using rights with a small "r".

I don't see the logic in OP's multiple strikes logic, I'll admit. Plates are like underwear; you sh!t them up, you throw them away.

As for your ex, got pics? :)
    Lol nah none worth sharing. Google rabid new age feminist and you may find some/part of the reason she's an ex lol

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Oddly, MD prohibits FELONS from possessing body armor- unless they 'work' for SAFE STREETS GANGS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom