• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Franken7

MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2023
    Pinelands
    I've been searching the forums for several hours trying to find a list of businesses that allow Wear and Carry.

If such a over-all list does not exist, I'm looking specifically at hotels in the Middle River/Edgewood areas. Short of my driving to each hotel and looking for signs on the doors, does anyone know of a hotel allows Wear and Carry?

Thanks!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It is the other way round because the court enjoined that portion of the law. Signs must be posted prohibiting carry and even then have no force of law

Thank MSI for this

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I've been searching the forums for several hours trying to find a list of businesses that allow Wear and Carry.

If such a over-all list does not exist, I'm looking specifically at hotels in the Middle River/Edgewood areas. Short of my driving to each hotel and looking for signs on the doors, does anyone know of a hotel allows Wear and Carry?

Thanks!
    I only stay at hotels without metal detectors and guards posted out front.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    People are just trying to follow the law, even though right now it means nada thanks to MSI
    I get it, but if you've already taken serious steps to ensure your safety by acquiring a CCP, exercise your God given rights. We pretty much know the no-go zones. Better to be judged by 12...

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

Thanks!

Here are three very good resources that cover where you can/can’t carry:

2A Maryland Firearm Laws Compilation

MSI’s State and Local Laws page

SB1 Preliminary Injunction Order 9/29/23

While your at MSI’s website, join up and make a donation.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys

Thanks!
    Theres a PI on sb1,just dwellings and OC is prohibited.

cmc,yo!

Franken7

MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2023
    Pinelands
    Here are three very good resources that cover where you can/can’t carry:

2A Maryland Firearm Laws Compilation

MSI’s State and Local Laws page

SB1 Preliminary Injunction Order 9/29/23

While your at MSI’s website, join up and make a donation.
    Thanks for the information. In fact, I'm a member of MSI. Biggfoot44 signed me up at a gun show in Chantilly back in February. So I live in New Jersey. The forum there, similar to this one, keeps a list of businesses that have signs posted. Whether the signs have the force of law doesn't matter. If the business owner has a sign posted, it really means they're interested in making money from just a segment of the population. At some point, we'll leave a card with the business stating " You have the right to prohibit firearms and I have the right to shop somewhere else". We are trying to get the business owner to change their mind and not alienate a large group of the population.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    He was looking for a list of businesses that allowed carry. Not a list of locations
    I was in South Carolina recently and their new law is basically constitutional carry BUT a business can post a sign and that sign carries the weight of law. We ate at a few restaurants that were all part of the same ownership group. One restaurant had a no gun sign and none of the others had one. In this case you'd have to check each location rather than the business entity. This business may have partial ownership with the operators and leave such site decisions up to them though. Hotels can be like that too though since many are franchises.
    Concealed means concealed.

If a sign is posted on a door and someone opens the door for you so that you don't see the sign, then what?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was in South Carolina recently and their new law is basically constitutional carry BUT a business can post a sign and that sign carries the weight of law. We ate at a few restaurants that were all part of the same ownership group. One restaurant had a no gun sign and none of the others had one. In this case you'd have to check each location rather than the business entity. This business may have partial ownership with the operators and leave such site decisions up to them though. Hotels can be like that too though since many are franchises.
    Concealed means concealed.

If a sign is posted on a door and someone opens the door for you so that you don't see the sign, then what?
    Great points, all.

There are many reasons one could miss the signage. If they are to carry the weight of law, then there should be required means of posting. Unless it's glaring, like at hospitals, I tend not to notice. A door with all kinds of crap posted on it, gets ignored.

I see "no guns" zones as "free fire" zones.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    There is no such list.

The current law ALLOWS you to carry a handgun with a permit with very few exceptions. Here's the list of PROHIBITED places (hotels are NOT prohibited).

Where are Firearms Prohibited?​

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.
    1. On school property (CR 4-102)

2. Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after a law enforcement officer advises that a demonstration is occurring at the public place and orders the person to leave the demonstration area until the person disposes of the firearm (CR 4-208)

3. In legislative buildings (SG 2-1702)

4. Aboard aircraft (TR 5-1008)

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably believes individuals possess property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or explosives (BR 15-203)

6. On dredge boats, other than two 10 gauge shotguns (NR 4-1013)

7. In or around State-owned public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. In State Forests (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. In State Parks (except for hunting and target shooting as permitted) (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. In State Highway Rest Areas, firearms may not be displayed or discharged (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

12. In community adult rehabilitation centers (COMAR 12.02.03.10)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences, firearms may not be kept on the premises (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)

--------------------

Effective October 1, 2023, Senate Bill 1 adds the following areas where firearms are prohibited:​

1. A person may not wear, carry, or transport a firearm in an area for children or vulnerable individuals.
      • a preschool or prekindergarten facility or the grounds of the facility;
      • a private primary or secondary school or the grounds of the school; or
      • a health care facility, as defined in § 15–10B–01(g)(1), (2), (3), and (4) of the Insurance Article.
    2. A person may not wear, carry, or transport a firearm in a government or public infrastructure area.
      • A government or public infrastructure area, owned or leased by a unit of state or local
        government, must display a clear and conspicuous sign at the main entrance of the building, or the part of a building that is owned or leased by the unit of state or local government indicating that it is not permissible to wear, carry, or transport a firearm in the building or that part of the building. (CR 4-111(D)(2))
      • "Government or public infrastructure area” means:
        • a building or any part of a building owned or leased by a unit of state of local government;
        • a building of a public or private institution of higher education, as defined in § 10–101 of the Education Article;
        • a location that is currently being used as a polling place in accordance with Title 10 of the Election Law Article or for canvassing ballots in accordance with Title 11 of the Election Law Article;
        • an electric plant or electric storage facility, as defined in § 1–101 of the Public Utilities Article;
        • a gas plant, as defined in § 1–101 of the Public Utilities Article; or
        • a nuclear power plant facility
    3. A person may not wear, carry, or transport a firearm in a special purpose area. (CR 4-111(E))
      • "Special Purpose Area" means:

• a stadium;
        • a museum;
        • a racetrack; or
        • a video lottery facility, as defined in §9-1A-01 of the State Government Article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom