• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    This might actually get passed. I think we have 59 guaranteed votes in the Senate assuming a Republican victory in Louisiana in December. Donnelly, Heitkamp, Tester, Warner, Udall, Heinrich, and Manchin, are all Dems who voted in favor of national concealed carry reciprocity in 2013. They are all still in office. The other Dems who voted for reciprocity were replaced by Republicans in 2014. The only Republican to vote against it, Mark Kirk, lost his race, so no real loss for gun rights with his departure from the Senate. We need 60 votes.

If we can't find one more vote on this as the gun rights community, then shame on us. Between Trump, the NRA, and Republican majorities, if we can't get this done before 2018 it's pathetic. Especially considering that in 2018 23 dem and two left wing independent seats are up for re-election, with a huge chunk coming from Trump states. Compare that with only 8 Republican seats in play. A few Democrats should be ready to make deals before the 2018 election.

i strongly agree with your statement!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I expect this also but the only thing that I cant figure out is how will they exempt themselves and their friends from the extra over reach.:innocent0

Maybe they will just follow other states and make an enhanced permit for them and a really restricted one for everyone else. Talk about muddying the water with convoluted and confusing laws.:sad20:

Years ago, they voted on making it easier for state legislators to get a carry permit.

So your idea is not far fetched.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I expect this also but the only thing that I cant figure out is how will they exempt themselves and their friends from the extra over reach.:innocent0

Maybe they will just follow other states and make an enhanced permit for them and a really restricted one for everyone else. Talk about muddying the water with convoluted and confusing laws.:sad20:

The language of the reciprocity bills clearly states that under the law out of state permits are treated the same as the least restrictive of that state.
    The only real way out for them is a total CC ban

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom