Cargill v Garland (5th Circuit Bump Stock Case)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    there is no difficulty. THEY understand it. THEY just don't like the facts and so apply their own political views. it is clear from the questions.

agree with you 100%

it's obvious how 3 will vote. i am concerned about the other 6. maybe 4/3 with 2... up in the air on this. the guy should maybe have slipped in a little comment on chevron. and harped more on ... if you want it illegal, walk down the street and talk to congress. there was some of that.

From a technology standpoint, and theory of operation, a bump stock is an incredibly simple device and easy to understand. I don't get the difficulty some have grasping it.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    there is no difficulty. THEY understand it. THEY just don't like the facts and so apply their own political views. it is clear from the questions.

agree with you 100%

it's obvious how 3 will vote. i am concerned about the other 6. maybe 4/3 with 2... up in the air on this. the guy should maybe have slipped in a little comment on chevron. and harped more on ... if you want it illegal, walk down the street and talk to congress. there was some of that.
    I get that the antis wilfully bolix things up, but I am talking about the advocats on OUR side who have trouble. JFC we're not talking about explaining a particle accelerator or a computer's inner workings. Sheesh.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.

agree with you 100%

Blind hatred of the gun.

Hate creates a subconscious mental tunnel vision.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Pretty sure SCOTUS is gonna throw the antis a bone here. They’ll tell ATFE to grandfather all bumps not turned in, make new possession illegal like a post 1986 machine gun and tell them this is the extent of gun control.
    Stop fighting Bruen and focus on things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Pretty sure SCOTUS is gonna throw the antis a bone here. They’ll tell ATFE to grandfather all bumps not turned in, make new possession illegal like a post 1986 machine gun and tell them this is the extent of gun control.

The 2A argument wasn't even raised in the case.

This is purely about Chevron. The DOJ says it's okay to change the words meaning of a law when it suits them.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The 2A argument wasn't even raised in the case.

This is purely about Chevron. The DOJ says it's okay to change the words meaning of a law when it suits them.

I fully understand that and was not claiming it to be about 2A. Chevron was not brought up, it was purely about if it’s a machine gun or not.
    That’s my point, they’re gonna throw a bone to them and call it a machine gun and it’s the spirit of the law.
    That’s against the 2A argument. They don’t need to say 2A to make it about 2A and the attorney said in court this was not about 2A arguments.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Can't grandfather something not turned in - no record of it and 3d printer goes brrrr....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom