• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I know this was brought up before but I haven't found any new info. Has anyone found out any info on the gun smith that was posting his signs all around, saying he had 25 yrs exp? He had a Hampstead or Upperco phone exchange.

kharris

Aug 20, 2011
    Carroll County
    I have used him once for an FFL transfer. Haven't had any work done by him, but he's close enough to my house that I would if the need arises.

AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    Old thread, but he refurbed an old and poorly taken care of win model 100. It now looks and shoots great! Very nice guy as well.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Old thread, but he refurbed an old and poorly taken care of win model 100. It now looks and shoots great! Very nice guy as well.

Thanks. I did finally call him and he was a very nice guy. I didn't have anything specific I needed at the time but wanted to have a future resource. He sounded like he did basic old school work, not ARs and more modern guns but I could be wrong. About how long did he take to do your work? That is the biggest problem if you find a good smith they are months behind.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Try RA Brown in westminster, Not too far off route 140

If you do go there see if you can get my scope covers that I guess is my fault for not noticing they still had when I left.

Also dont expect your gun to come back as nice as you brought it in....would be nice to have atleast wiped down my gun.

Not awful service...maybe my standards are to high.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Bob Bollinger is in Carroll Co. He builds custom Ar's, Cerekote, HydroDipping and almost anything you need. Has a really great work shop.....410 756-5454

Deer Slayer!!!

Mar 12, 2013
    Carroll County
    Has any of our Carroll County gunsmiths threaded the crown end of a 10/22 barrel and if so how were the results. I have a buddy who is looking to buy a threaded barrel 10/22 but since they are hard to come by perhaps having a barrel threaded 1/2" 28 would be an option?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    It would definitely be an option for Bollingers.

2nd. Bobby does fine work. Based on what I have seen him work on in his shop, I would take any issue to him. I took a shotgun with a bent sight rail to him and he told me, can you live with it? Because I may make it worse. I appreciate someone telling me that rather than trying to whyo their way out of it later. If its something he can't do he will tell you.

Be sure to order the chicken sandwich from his kids. Its an inside joke......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom