• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not with my buckle, as it has no holes.
    Mine don't have holes either. Kore gives you one of these thingies.
    2a281824091d08bcfa909570c4160d7f.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This is the wear and tear my belt buckles get:
    20220930_100436.jpg

"What? Oh, hi boss! Yes, yes I am taking pictures of my crotch to post online again...but it's break time...I'm not on the clock this time."

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’ve been carrying a P365 IWB (at about 4:00) for just about as long as that pistol has been available. Nothing fancy on the kydex holster, and it’s been the same one Nexbelt that whole time. Just got a new one this week, as the original developed a tear right near the ratchet stitching.

Along with the new (more casual looking) Nexbelt, I ordered a replacement strap for the slightly dressier wounded one. The casual one seems right at home with cargo shorts or jeans. I’ve got more tacticool things for other circumstances but almost never bother. Matches have their own rigs.

All that said, I agree, Art. As long as the clip can get over your belt and grab hold, it’s going to work unless it’s just a piece of nonsense.

The other day shooting at the UL, I pulled the carry piece out for a little pre-lunch Fauxzambique drill on a B27 a few yards off, and low and behold, the holster came with it. I have to admit I was pleased at the instantaneous awareness of that and the speed with which I could sweep the holster off and shoot the drill. But it was a reminder to actually set that up deliberately once in a while, even dry firing. Great holsters and belts are still variables.

Oh: my newer Nexbelt is JUST enough wider that I need to change out the clip on my holster so it’ll positively grab. Just a small variation was all it took the usual rig to not fit right. It’s always something.
    Trying out a couple of IWB holsters I have, I can successfully draw just fine from sweatpants and lounge pants so long as they have a drawstring and I tie is reasonably tight (nothing really uncomfortable, but I obviously can't just leave the pants loose, they'd drop to the floor if nothing else!)

Shorts and jeans with any old belt I happen to have seems to work fine too.

For IWB.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Trying out a couple of IWB holsters I have, I can successfully draw just fine from sweatpants and lounge pants so long as they have a drawstring and I tie is reasonably tight (nothing really uncomfortable, but I obviously can't just leave the pants loose, they'd drop to the floor if nothing else!)

For IWB.
    I get it and all, but don't carry like that.

rrrenyer071

MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2020
    University Park, MD
    I’m using a rotation of a Nexbelt and a Kore Essentials belt. So far they work very well and I like that I can loosen it up when I sit in the car. I just ordered a Tenicor Zero belt and am looking forward to see how it works out.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Good recommendations for belts. I've been carrying in dc for 3.5 yrs now IWB with a compact glock. It took me ruining a dress belt to finally buy a CCW one.

IWB will ruin a belt idc what anyone says. A weak belt i noticed will contort in the area the clip was (mine was a single metal clip..vedder light tuck) due to the weight, pressure, sitting, bending down because i carry appendix. Also the holes started to enlarge overtime.

I had enough and went into 5.11 and purchased a brown and black leather one for $50-60ea. Definitely a game changer.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County

For IWB.
    If I am wearing shorts or pants without belt loops I use a Grip6 belt and oversized t-shirt. Better than the tourniquet level tight of a draw string. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom