• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I been looking at them as well and have just made up my mind to get mine when I get home. I'm already due for a new every 2

Only problem is it will be your last new every two, seems VZ has stopped tht promo,, you can cash oin your last,, then it is all gone.

Tom

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    Gee thanks, I appreciate that. God that message must be six years old LOL. But I bet I am the only one here with a tacticool parkerized cell phone. Wait, I forgot to oil it. Crap I bet it's all rusty now.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I was a big fan of these phones my first two were great my latest one sucks. Doesnt pick up voices indirectly (e.g., cant hold it on your shoulder and talk while you do other things)

Otherwise ok.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    I stopped using mine in favor of a Casio Type-V tough flipphone.

Don't get me wrong, i loved the Commando. But the battery life sucked, even with the battery saver apps.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    http://www.cellphoneshop.net/c771battery.html?gclid=CO_frLTN_LQCFcqY4Aod1A0Atg

Thread from the dead.

For those that still have this phone, Verizon and radio shack no longer carry batteries for this phone. You have to get them online. Mine is finally dying after a year and a half (maybe longer) just an FYI for those that still love this phone.

Thanks for the heads up . Ill order a battery just in case . I have beat the hell out of this phone and it is holding up great .

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I'm still going strong for over 2 years, turn off the WiFi, GPS drop the vol to half and I get a couple days between charges. I only use the GPS and Wifi when I need to.
    Love a Mil-Spec phone, laugh at all my friends who have cracked their screens. :party29: This baby is built tough

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Do they have anymore tough smart phones?

Yeah there is new Commando-styled phone coming out from Casio soon. Quadcore son!

Wonder if I can reactivate my Commando without a data plan. I don't need mobile email and pr0n. That's what the laptop is fo :cool:

I rooted mine and played with v6 superhcarger and such. Gonna reset it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I just ordered a battery from the link I provided. I don't want a new phone but this battery is DEAD. I can't have a 5 min phone conversation without it going from full to plug in charger ASAP.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    You guys should look at Lifeproof or Incipio Atlas cases for your phones, you can get an iPhone 5 and make it waterproof, and you don't have to sacrifice UI and other features in favor of mil-spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom