• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The complete , fine print version of UCR is Very Detailed about all the particulars of homicides . Both Do- ers and Do- ees .

The number killed in confrontations with LE is indeed miniscule compared to " regular everyday civilian " homicide .

owldo

Ultimate Member
    I think most people can separate the movement and ideology from the actual organization. I’ll agree that the organization has some serious issues and is probably very corrupt but I think you can agree that black lives do in fact matter.
    If most people could separate movements and ideologies from organizations ... Biden wouldn't be our Tyrant in Chief ! And I don't distinguish between lives ... I believe all lives matter !

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It’s actually wholly inappropriate and unrelated to bring abortion into the conversation…

Starting a debate about what constitutes a life is so far off-topic it really belongs on another forum.

It’s very easy to think that people who do need access to abortion are having fun and I’m quite confident when people apply the same fits-my-agenda “logic” to your life choices, you suddenly wish people would stop talking about shit they know nothing about… but that’s just the view from my armchair.

In any case, the conversation you want to start really would require being open about the bigger picture, and I have an equal amount of confidence that you’d spend all of that conversation finding a way to continue to blame black people, instead of admitting that maybe there’s a reason things are the way they are.

Amazing how Stanton can make a non-controversial statement, and yet we still have to find a way to disprove it for the sake of politics.

I mean, it’s not like you’re the president of a counter-movement to stop black-on-black crime, it’s just a convenient way to shout down something you don’t agree with. No less hypocritical really, is it?
    I beg to differ.

Lives matter, or they don't.

Those who hold them far less dear, yet are willing to burn, destroy and kill for a false slogan need to be called out.

Frankly, I'm sick of the hypocrisy involved in nearly all the "causes" epoused by today's Left. Or so it seems from my perspective.

There's a multitude of reasons why things are the way they are. Politics matters, and so does peoples' life choices. Choosing unlimited procreative activity without wishing to bear any responsibility is not something I wish to accept, nor to support. Choosing to live a life of parasitic violence is another choice that I find less worthy of support than our current leadership does.

I'll start my conversations where I please, and I need no advice from you about the conversations I want to start. Permit Stanton Cree to air his thoughts and point of view; he doesn't require your assistance either.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Another Good One ... the hypocrites of the Oakland CA NAACP now want to declare a "Crime Emergency" after they supported all the wacko orgs like BLM aka (Black LOOT Matters) and cries to de-fund the police ... Their Dystopian Utopia doesn't seem to be working ... Imagine That !
    Yeah the whole thing was short sighted. They were supposed to roll all that into community related programs but the problem is these programs have no way to measure success and humans like results. At what point do we get measurable results especially since we’ve been removing bad citizens from society for years.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    but I think you can agree that black lives do in fact matter.
    If they do, then why don't black people act like it?
    The most likely person to kill a black person is another black person.
    The vast majority of schools in black communities are train wrecks.
    Black people overwhelmingly support corrupt black politicians.
    Black people overwhelmingly support policies that destroy their neighborhoods.

If black lives matter, then why as a community don't they start acting like black lives matter?

Epiphany

Feb 5, 2023
    MoCo
    I beg to differ.

Lives matter, or they don't.

Those who hold them far less dear, yet are willing to burn, destroy and kill for a false slogan need to be called out.

Frankly, I'm sick of the hypocrisy involved in nearly all the "causes" epoused by today's Left. Or so it seems from my perspective.

There's a multitude of reasons why things are the way they are. Politics matters, and so does peoples' life choices. Choosing unlimited procreative activity without wishing to bear any responsibility is not something I wish to accept, nor to support. Choosing to live a life of parasitic violence is another choice that I find less worthy of support than our current leadership does.

I'll start my conversations where I please, and I need no advice from you about the conversations I want to start. Permit Stanton Cree to air his thoughts and point of view; he doesn't require your assistance either.

Whether lives matter or not is topical.

What constitutes a life, and therefore the morality of abortion, among other things (including contraception, since you want to discuss that too) - while foundational to the conversation, is a separate conversation entirely.

You said “It might be appropriate to mention…”

I’m simply expanding on what you started by pointing out that in fact, it’s not. We’d need a whole other thread, or forum really, to get to the crux of the issue.

My point is actually pretty simple, you made it for me in your follow-up… Your desire to use abortion stats in order to further your personal agenda is inherently hypocritical too. You want to just point out something that someone else does that you don’t agree with in order to discredit an unrelated argument.

If you genuinely wanted to discuss why things are the way they are, it’d be different - but you don’t.

You can’t have a meaningful conversation about individual choices without being willing to have an equivalent one about the environment in which they occur. As it turns out, the answer to nature vs nurture is ”both” - but I suppose you’d need to be open to being wrong on occasion to get there.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I equate BLM as the pesky NGO's we set up in foreign countries to destabilize their governments. I do not separate the phrase from the organization either.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Whether lives matter or not is topical.

What constitutes a life, and therefore the morality of abortion, among other things (including contraception, since you want to discuss that too) - while foundational to the conversation, is a separate conversation entirely.

You said “It might be appropriate to mention…”

I’m simply expanding on what you started by pointing out that in fact, it’s not. We’d need a whole other thread, or forum really, to get to the crux of the issue.

My point is actually pretty simple, you made it for me in your follow-up… Your desire to use abortion stats in order to further your personal agenda is inherently hypocritical too. You want to just point out something that someone else does that you don’t agree with in order to discredit an unrelated argument.

If you genuinely wanted to discuss why things are the way they are, it’d be different - but you don’t.

You can’t have a meaningful conversation about individual choices without being willing to have an equivalent one about the environment in which they occur. As it turns out, the answer to nature vs nurture is ”both” - but I suppose you’d need to be open to being wrong on occasion to get there.
    I can answer why things are the way they are very simply, The war on Christianity. The left has co-oped the pastors in the black community in order for the power to push the very policies that have brought it to where it is now. And since most of the sheep are no longer being fed in the churches even those that still go which is at a historic low don't have nearly the moral values they did just 50-60 years ago.

Our system of government was set up for a moral and religious people. We have lost both so we are we where are.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I equate BLM as the pesky NGO's we set up in foreign countries to destabilize their governments. I do not separate the phrase from the organization either.

Again , I question if the Phrase existed in common usage , before being planted and stealth promoted by the Org .

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Last year was the last time down there and it was a shit show. Every stoop someone was smoking pot. One corner it looked like some gang members were hanging out. Ill go to philly's chinatown before i go back to dc

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    "People putting their clothes on backwards. Isn't that a sign of something going on wrong? Are you not paying attention? People with their hat on backwards, pants down around the crack. Isn't that a sign of something or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?" - Bill Cosby

"I could have tranquilized that gorilla." - Also, Bill Cosby (J/K)

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Last year was the last time down there and it was a shit show. Every stoop someone was smoking pot. One corner it looked like some gang members were hanging out. Ill go to philly's chinatown before i go back to dc
    DC's Chinatown is an absolute dump. The Metro exits are basically gang assembly/loitering points. Every time I've come up those escalators it looks like something is about to go off.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    White Supremacists are the biggest threat to the Asian community.

Everyone knows that.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I can answer why things are the way they are very simply, The war on Christianity. The left has co-oped the pastors in the black community in order for the power to push the very policies that have brought it to where it is now. And since most of the sheep are no longer being fed in the churches even those that still go which is at a historic low don't have nearly the moral values they did just 50-60 years ago.

Our system of government was set up for a moral and religious people. We have lost both so we are we where are.
    If you haven't seen it, the "church scene" from Bulworth (1998) is absolute gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom