• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Well, it appears they took down the sign in Leonardtown. Maybe somebody decorated it, ventilated it, who cares?:innocent0

Now two more appeared in Prince Frederick, one on S/B Solomons Island Rd coming into town, the other on Hallowing Point in front of the college.

Last edited:

jcrusselljr

Aug 28, 2011
    I agree they are stupid sayings, most are. But being stupid sayings aside, it does not negate the conservative nature to the fundamental concepts of civility. This is what we preach. When conservatives or 2A advocates blast the behaviors of civility, it validates the reactionary nature that anti 2A folks try to paint about us. There is simply no negative to adopting any or all of the 25 behaviors. We teach these to our kids. We learn then in kindergarten. Catholic and christian schools drive them home as a part of their curriculum.

I wager that it is the fact that they are mostly seen in a liberal county in a liberal state that is at the heart of this anti civility reaction. That is unfortunate as it is the same kind of guilty by association tact that the anti 2a and the liberals take against conservative 2A folks. If 2A/conservatives were to agree with the need for civility, not argue against it, and hold the 2A/liberals accountable to it, it would be a good thing.

Someone post the name of the organized, liberal committee or group that uses the behaviors of civility as a platform against 2A or conservative ideals.

Very well stated. Not so sure where the haters coming from on this thread. The only thing wrong with the "Choose Civility" movement is when it's touted by a hypocrite, like getting cut off in traffic and seeing it on the back bumper of the peckerhead.

I attended a talk by the author, P.M. Forni, and found him to be inspirational and his message to be valid.

If there's one of the principles that needs to be corrected, I am quite certain he would take it under consideration.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    coexist.png

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It's now 'official' White House policy ...

TownHall.com -
    The "New Civility" -- Obama Style

Well, maybe not ... unless they've just redefined civility.

Given the Left's much-ballyhooed regard for "civility," then, that the President's new big-time advisor, John Podesta, was forced to apologize today for calling the GOP "a cult worthy of Jonestown", isn't it? (And that's especially true given the Democrat enthusiasm for cult leader Jim Jones ***, back in the day!).

*** Political leaders, aware of Jones’s ability to deliver — or manufacture — votes, lined up to pay tribute to the preacher. He worked his way into the good graces of officials high and low — most of them Democrats, since that was the party in power in California and San Francisco in the mid-1970s.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    For those who supported and fostered the "Occupy" movement to preach about civility is the height of hypocrisy. But hypocrisy never slows down those people -- whatever works at any given moment in time.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    For those who supported and fostered the "Occupy" movement to preach about civility is the height of hypocrisy. But hypocrisy never slows down those people -- whatever works at any given moment in time.

Alinsky Rule #8 - Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose ... as adapted by Rahm Emanuel when he was CoS at 1600 Penn. Ave.

And as recently as yesterday, still demonstrates how the Democrats run ruin Washington.

IBD.com -
    Sequester May Have "Governed By Crisis" But It Worked

Boehner and Ryan think they need to "accomplish something" with Democrats out of fear of future shutdown showdowns with Obama. But if the GOP wants to win in 2014 and 2016, they'll have to prove to voters they're serious about stopping spending.

The sequester was doing that. Deals with big-government Democrats containing empty promises 10 years from now don't.

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    CSMD was where I was going but it now on my "avoid if at all possible" list. I had a teacher for American History up to 18-something. She did a great job in the class up until the elections came around. She then started spouting liberal non-sense off in a tangent saying that our founding fathers "didn't want every dick and sue to walk around with a machine gun on their waist". Least to say I reported the activity to the deans office which didn't seem to care in the slightest. :sad20:

Oh funny story about the occupy thing. Me and my girl where in DC when a group of them was there and they were saying something about equal taxation so I shouted "Yeah! tax the rich less or tax us more!". They were not happy and I felt so proud of myself ;)

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    CSMD was where I was going but it now on my "avoid if at all possible" list. I had a teacher for American History up to 18-something. She did a great job in the class up until the elections came around. She then started spouting liberal non-sense off in a tangent saying that our founding fathers "didn't want every dick and sue to walk around with a machine gun on their waist". Least to say I reported the activity to the deans office which didn't seem to care in the slightest. :sad20:

Oh funny story about the occupy thing. Me and my girl where in DC when a group of them was there and they were saying something about equal taxation so I shouted "Yeah! tax the rich less or tax us more!". They were not happy and I felt so proud of myself ;)

That's because our 'revolution' pre-dated John Moses Browning's inventions by a century or so, otherwise they probably would have. It's a funny thing about firearm 'technology', and it definitely fits the old adage of 'necessity is the mother of invention'. Even back then they had an 'assault weapon' of sorts that wasn't known to be used as a squirrel gun, but it would wreck havoc in any CQD. :innocent0

Attachments

• C000138_L.jpg
      C000138_L.jpg
      8.9 KB · Views: 350

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    HoCo was RIGHT ... But,

Or just "Tolerance- it works in ALL directions"

civility is like respect it is earned

TownHall.com -
    The Danger of Incivility

Something that’s sorely needed in policy circles and political debates: civility.

Alas, what we’re seeing in the marketplace of ideas today is a disturbing growth of incivility. This breakdown isn’t a failing of either the political left or right exclusively {but it is decidedly shaded to the politically correct left}. It spreads from one end of the spectrum to the other.

This schoolyard mentality, and the name-calling that inevitably follows, are not the exclusive domain of those who attach intemperate comments to online articles. We hear it from highly educated people who write syndicated columns, publish books, and shout on radio and television talk shows.

When was they last time you had a 'civil' discussion with a self-described Liberal/Progressive in Howard County, or anywhere else in the People's Republic of Maryland, where it didn't end with being labled a racist, a homophobe, a religious fanatic, a redneck, a Nazi, a gun nut, or some permutation of all-of-the-above ? Is it so unusual in a deep-blue county within a deep-blue state not to have ideas contrary to the chorus of liberal incivility that is driving away citizens of honest intent, and encouraging those who trade in the jeering and mockery of our ideas ? This is the legacy of politically correct conformity, and it drives polls and shapes elections. No one wants to be labeled any of the names above, but that's exactly what 'Choose Civility' leads to if it isn't civil enough to respect and tolerate another viewpoint enough to allow it flourish in the marketplace of ideas.

So, speak up now, or forever hold your peace, and ...

WAKE UP MARYLAND !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom