• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Libs are generally tolerant and respectful until they run into something they don't agree with, i.e. anything that has to do with firearms, non-minority populations, anything viewed as potential dangerous, or out of line with their politically correct mindset. Example: a few years ago, my mother in law took her grandson into a toy store and was shocked to see cowboy style cap guns, pop guns, lever action toy rifles, etc. She wigged out, giving the 6 yr old the rant about never buying him guns, although no actual firearms were in the shop. Libs equate anything that looks like a gun, even a stick that the kids find in the backyard and use as a makeshift rifle. This control freak attitude is very annoying to say the least.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Libs are generally tolerant and respectful until they run into something they don't agree with, i.e. anything that has to do with firearms, non-minority populations, anything viewed as potential dangerous, or out of line with their politically correct mindset. Example: a few years ago, my mother in law took her grandson into a toy store and was shocked to see cowboy style cap guns, pop guns, lever action toy rifles, etc. She wigged out, giving the 6 yr old the rant about never buying him guns, although no actual firearms were in the shop. Libs equate anything that looks like a gun, even a stick that the kids find in the backyard and use as a makeshift rifle. This control freak attitude is very annoying to say the least.

You bring up an interesting memory...

I grew up with guns. Toy, pellet, rifle, shotgun. Name it.

But, when my sons were young, I lived in Los Angeles County. The general mindset there made me think that letting them have actual toy guns would potentially be an issue outside the home (but, boys being boys, everything became a gun).

When we moved back to MD in '89 I realized there wasn't much difference, so I still avoided the reality. But, Legos, sticks, toothbrushes, manicotti, dog turds ;) all became 'guns'

Fast-forward to 2005 (or so), and my oldest, then having joined the Navy, brought me back to firearms.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I am confident enough in myself to be able to say that I both like civility and would prefer everyone practice civility. It isn't a movement unless you think it is. It is just a word and it has a terrific meaning; polite, civilized, respect. I would not put the bumper sticker on my car, I would not join an organization that had slogans in general. But I have no problems at all saying that I am 100% for civility and would be a very happy camper if it was practiced by pro 2A and anti 2A and folks on any side of any issue.

If someone has an agenda when they use a word, I'm not about to give power to anyone to frame the narrative over that word. Civility is great. Practice it. It is not a word with complexities or nuances associated with its meaning unless you let others make it so.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD

Unfortunately you can say the exact same thing about conservatives...

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    You bring up an interesting memory...

I grew up with guns. Toy, pellet, rifle, shotgun. Name it.

But, when my sons were young, I lived in Los Angeles County. The general mindset there made me think that letting them have actual toy guns would potentially be an issue outside the home (but, boys being boys, everything became a gun).

When we moved back to MD in '89 I realized there wasn't much difference, so I still avoided the reality. But, Legos, sticks, toothbrushes, manicotti, dog turds ;) all became 'guns'

Fast-forward to 2005 (or so), and my oldest, then having joined the Navy, brought me back to firearms.

That's funny! My nephew was never allowed to have toy guns growing up. Somewhere he found a glass cologne bottle in the shape of a musket. It was his favorite toy. Now he builds ARs.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    :bs:

Umm, no. We ain't the ones trying to ban everything in sight, and tax what can't be outlawed.

Just gay marriage, abortion, and our right to privacy :)

To be fair, all of the democrapublicans are about government control though. That's the scariest thing they have in common.

NolanChart.png

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County

To be fair, all of the democrapublicans are about government control though. That's the scariest thing they have in common.

NolanChart.png

I for one find it ironic that pro abortion people do not feel that the unborn child, that can feel pain, is worthy of defense.

If you don't want kids, get sterilized.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I will pay cash money for anyone who has a picture of a Prius with a "Choose Civility" bumper sticker that is on fire from the riots. This offer void if you actually set the fire to take the picture :-)

That would be priceless.

Kind of like this:

Attachments

• ironic.JPG
      ironic.JPG
      21 KB · Views: 164

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I for one find it ironic that pro abortion people do not feel that the unborn child, that can feel pain, is worthy of defense.

If you don't want kids, get sterilized.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one. Ah, but of course, you can't have an abortion because you are a man - so go steriilize yourself - better yet, mind your own business in regards to someone else's medical choices. And by the way, I find it very ironic that the right, with all of their feigned indignation regarding the "sanctity of life" are so avidly pro-death penalty. Go figure.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    If you don't like abortion, don't have one. Ah, but of course, you can't have an abortion because you are a man - so go steriilize yourself - better yet, mind your own business in regards to someone else's medical choices. And by the way, I find it very ironic that the right, with all of their feigned indignation regarding the "sanctity of life" are so avidly pro-death penalty. Go figure.

That's a lot of hostility coming from a man. I am shocked I tell you, shocked.

I wish you had as much passion for all the murdered children.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    And by the way, I find it very ironic that the right, with all of their feigned indignation regarding the "sanctity of life" are so avidly pro-death penalty. Go figure.

The difference is that the unique human being formed at the moment of conception hasn't made any choices yet.
    They are getting the death penalty without having made any choices or committing any crime.

The criminal facing the death penalty has made a series of conscious choices to do what they know is wrong.

The ironic part for me is that many anti-abortion types are also against birth control. That's just stupid. :sad20:

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    The difference is that the unique human being formed at the moment of conception hasn't made any choices yet.
    They are getting the death penalty without having made any choices or committing any crime.

The criminal facing the death penalty has made a series of conscious choices to do what they know is wrong.

The ironic part for me is that many anti-abortion types are also against birth control. That's just stupid. :sad20:

:D

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    ideological oxymoron's aren't a thread yet?

so, an alleged criminal who allegedly robbed 4 people, destroyed their stuff, lit their house on fire needs his due process, yet the cop who shot and killed whats his name in fergeson needs to be immediately thrown in jail because he must be guilty.

or

the people who want businesses to have 0 regulations, but then wonder why everything is made in china, or why all of the forests are turning into subdivisions.

or

the people who want everything to be organic, non gmo, and then complain about how expensive it is

or

people who want to coddle islam, yet don't want religion involved in the government.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter

NolanChart.png

Gay marriage and abortion were not legal until liberals legalized them. Free speech? Try that on today's campuses and you risk expulsion.

What liberals don't mandate, they ban. What they don't ban, they mandate. The want to control your whole being because THEY KNOW BETTER THAN WE.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Ditto for the Republicans - they are just as bad as the Dems - it is just that you happen to agree with what the Republicans want to control or ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom