• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Not that I wish ill will on any of my fellow shooters but all I can say that this is good. The whole were hunters and prefer wood furniture over black plastic makes us better because it makes our guns less scary crap is over. Hunters have sat on the side lines while target, shooters and 3 gunners have been infringed and did nothing. Welcome to the fight About time you showed up .

:thumbsup: There's some truth to this. Hopefully this may be a defining moment in the upcoming war. Now the hunters and bystander home defenders have a dog in the fight.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    There's no way in hell such a thing holds up in court.

If we had Constitutionist judges, then you are absolutely correct. However, after 8 years of 2 Bill Clinton, "conservative" judges that wanted invites to cocktail parties, and now 4 years of 0, I don't trust the courts anymore. When you have Ginsburg basing her decisions on foreign law, I don't expect them to uphold 2A.

Bravo

Bravo
    Feb 18, 2013
    Howard County
    Sadly now this may get some hunters off their ass. In Colorado of all places.
    Will OMalley post this on his DNR updates? After all reasonable people can agree.....

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    If I'm not mistaken they banned them in Australia and we all know how much the Antis love the AU ban. This should not be surprising at all.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    We're getting really close to getting really ugly. The goal is, and always has been to establish a government monopoly on violence.

JohnK

Feb 10, 2013
    Wow!

I can't believe that it has taken this long for someone to understand that the legislation impacts pump/auto shotguns. Take your pick:
    1. The legislation was drafted by idiots that didn't have a clue.
    2. The legislation was drafted by very smart people that hoped that no one would understand what they included in the legislation until after it passed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Perhaps this will start a wave of backlash. They are emboldened by the Sandy Hook tragedy, and think "now is the time". We need to get as many of these things through the courts as possible so there is precedent protecting these firearms. It will not make these gun grabbers happy. This is just getting stupid.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Perhaps this will start a wave of backlash. They are emboldened by the Sandy Hook tragedy, and think "now is the time". We need to get as many of these things through the courts as possible so there is precedent protecting these firearms. It will not make these gun grabbers happy. This is just getting stupid.

This bevaior actually stregthens the NRA's argument.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This bevaior actually stregthens the NRA's argument.

I think so. I think that M.C. Hammer with have written the official theme song of the courts....

1.jpg

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    I don't think the bill's "8 round limit" language is a mistake, nor is NY's 7 round mag limit which neuters most semi-autos and more than a few 22LR revolvers.

CO was a little more sneaky, add the qualifier "that can easily be converted". A quick read or 1 minute media recap might only say "the bills bans shotguns holding more than 8 rounds", and the average low information voter could think it doesn't affect them......until it's too late.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    All of these determined, egotistical, ill-informed, Obama directed politicians KNOW that their proposed laws only affect law abiding citizens and will have absolutely no effect on the criminal element or on reducing crime. They are out to disarm the conscientious legal gun owning Americans so they can execute their next barrage of "dictatorial" legislation without any resistance from its' citizens. They don't seem to realize that a large number of current legal gun owners are going to become criminals, by choice, if these draconian proposed laws become law. I.E., the now legal gun owners will not concede our rights to the new laws that infringe on our 2nd amendment rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom