• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Yep Lou, you are good. Thank your for your support both in the past and going forward!

:thumbsup:

Excellent news indeed. I've never shopped with lou but his reputation here makes it easy to recommend him to members out in the western part of the state.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Have you guys considered having local business' like Ryan and myself who aren't gun related, but could serve as paying sponsors? Not trying to throw Ryan out there incase he doesn't want to do it, but he comes to mind when I think about our sigs. Just an idea, let me know.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    How's about maintaining the current IP set up, but adding a gold outline to those who have donated? Like blue for the "regular" IPs and then a golden outline on "Super" IP's

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    To date I have not provided a means to donate, but I may add a link at some point since people constantly ask. I do appreciate the offer!

I'd be interesting in donating as a member, but I hope this website doesn't go the route I've seen other websites go, where the donating members get some extra status in the form of a highlighted name or a bigger avatar that totally skews the website visually from post to post.

People should donate because they feel this awesome site deserves it, not because they want to show off their status as a benefactor.

SimonDanger

Apr 11, 2012
    Annapolis
    As a broke 19 year old I dont have much money but i think i could scrape together a few modest dollars to help pay for a lil bandwidth...

Although I'm new here it's quite evident that this site is well run, which also means the admins are pulling a lot of late nights, virtually for free. I am more than willing to donate, and I'd be happy to sponsor someone like futureseabee...

I use to frequent homebrewtalk.com. You could donate and you became a supporter... and (get) access to certain forums that were mainly social...

... Um, ah, especially if doing so would allow me to peek behind the curtains at the Water Cooler :D. wink, wink

Seriously though, I NEVER expect anything for free !

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    the OP has been updated with those IPs that have paid.

If your favorite IP has not paid and you wish for them to be able to continue to advertise on the forum after Monday, you may want to tell them how much you value their presence here.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Have you guys considered having local business' like Ryan and myself who aren't gun related, but could serve as paying sponsors? Not trying to throw Ryan out there incase he doesn't want to do it, but he comes to mind when I think about our sigs. Just an idea, let me know.

Brought the same thing up a long time ago, but the higher ups had VERY good reasons to hold off and I completely understood and still do. I am happy to work out whatever can be done, and I am happy to wait until Don is ready to do whatever needs be done. It is a fine line between a true industry partner and us miscellaneous folks out there and I completely understand from all angles why it could or may not work. I am ready and waiting for whatever decision comes down, and I will support the board and Don in anyway necessary as I have already committed.

Love being here,

Ryan Lowry

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Welcome to the leaner, meaner IP program.

To all the IPs that have supported the community in the past, I sincerely appreciate your support whether you chose to continue or not. Your support helped keep the lights on (and my wife off my back for draining our bank account paying server fees :o). If you ever decide to rejoin the program I have not deleted your sub-forum, only archived them and they can be easily restored.

To the IPs that have chosen to continue, I sincerely thank you. Your support now and in the future is going to help tremendously in keeping this community online and running at peak performance. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you find your relationship with this community mutually beneficial.

If anyone reading this is not currently an IP but wishes to join the program, shoot me a PM and I'll see what we can do.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    DD and Norton, there are plenty of the community that are ready, willing and able to help support the forum. Just say the word.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    should there be a thread in the industry partners section that explains how to become an industry partner and what one should expect if you are one ?

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I'm definitley down to donate. Ive sold gear, bought gear, and learned a LOT on here. I hope to continue and having run a board before (WAY back in the dial up WWIV BBS format) I understand the work it can take and financial commitment. If we have the option to give back, let us know. If its an income thing, hold a raffle, make the prize something silly, like a sticker and see what ya raise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom