• ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I can't read his mind .

Could be covid paranoia
    Could be bad allergy in ragweed season
    Could be a cold day

Could be he's being discreet about his day job , church ladies at his church , anti gun relatives , etc , and he doesn't have a cameraperson to keep framed on his body and hand , or he's not editing savy enough to do the witness protection blurring thing .
    A) I wasn't asking you to read his mind

B) I would never think anyone could read his mind

C) $5,000 in cash, and $3,0000 in gold +/- will be there n.my pockets for 36 hours (hat tip to Doc Holliday playing poker)

D) :sad20:

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Love the range.
    Good job.
    If it was me, I'd mess with draw and speed of first shot on target and time later.
    Also jealous that you can carry that much gun in front of you. :D

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    A) I wasn't asking you to read his mind

B) I would never think anyone could read his mind

C) $5,000 in cash, and $3,0000 in gold +/- will be there n.my pockets for 36 hours (hat tip to Doc Holliday playing poker)

D) :sad20:
    8000 or 35000 total?

I'm becoming tempted if the latter. You would still have to add my 30 pieces of silver, though.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Is the O P the guy in the video?

Why is he wearing a mask/face covering
    It's great because I could be standing right next to you and would never have to hear "there goes the guy that makes the crappy videos ".

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Your target was not man size for one so don't sweat it. Most likely, if you need to draw and fire, it will be up close and personnel. No aiming required.
    Your draw seems pretty good, and if you had upper torso targets, pointed to center mass, your speed will increase. Good work and I like your range
    Thanks. The range was a lot of work to get it to where it is now.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Am I the only one who likes watching slyitry videos here for the very candid presentation? And he didn't try to sell me anything.

Get the accuracy without the timer first, then add time pressure, decreasing your par until you start to lose accuracy.

As others have said, 11 yard headshots under the stress of a life threatening encounter may be a bit beyond a "first time going live concealed" goal.
    Thanks for the support. I will begin to practice shooting center mass at a closer distance.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    It's great because I could be standing right next to you and would never have to hear "there goes the guy that makes the crappy videos ".
    I meant no offense sir

It seemed weird to me that the protagonist had on a face covering

Obviously your bona fides are established through several members here

Not sure where you are located but if you can make it to Pub Dog this Saturday, or November 12, I'll be pleased to shake your hand

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    $8,000, depending on the latest spot price of gold

I'm stuffing a 10 oz Silver bar into my shorts, as I type this (that's hot)

If possible, I'll add some pieces of eight.
    The silver weiner thing is cool.

8k isn't going to get my gun out of its holster though. Maybe at pub dog you will increase the offer. I may arrive reeking of gunsmoke. I will probably arrive sober.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Definitely jealous of your range. Practice is obviously the most important facet of carry, and it's something I am sorely deficient on (one of the reasons I don't yet carry, even with my permit. Much more of a long-gun guy).

Keep up the good fight, I'm glad to know there's one more competent carrier out there.

The OP is the guy in the video. He posts a couple each year.
    My guess would be he doesn't want the world to ID him while shooting- employer, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
    You are correct.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Thanks for the support. I will begin to practice shooting center mass at a closer distance.
    If there is exigency, speed is essential. In that case, you are likely to be VERY close. If you have distance, cover, distraction, or a viable escape route, you may still have to draw but doing it at warp speed isn't the only goal.

Your videos are not crappy. Content value and production value are not the same thing.

It's your show, wear whatever you like. As long as you are putting your work in, wear a barney costume for all I care. (To be clear, I am not suggesting a dinosaur outfit as a concealment garment.) Keep shooting.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    I meant no offense sir

It seemed weird to me that the protagonist had on a face covering

Obviously your bona fides are established through several members here

Not sure where you are located but if you can make it to Pub Dog this Saturday, or November 12, I'll be pleased to shake your hand

No offense was taken. I get that question offten. I appreciate the invite but with the current family situation my weekends are pretty much taken up. I could get away for two hours but it would take one and a half hours to get there.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Great. It's one thing to worry that the guy standing next to me might have a gun. Now I have to worry about him being a youtuber, too! :poke: Sheesh!

Aaaaaannnd he's trying to step on my turf of making "crappy" videos? :rolleye12 Double Sheesh!

I am by no means an expert. That being said...
    My only advice would be to draw and shoot. IMHO you're spending too much time aiming before squeezing the trigger. All but one of your shots were more than accurate enough for a self defense shooting.

I take back my above comment- they were all accurate SD shots.
    You fired 10 shots and there were 11 holes. I'm guessing the hole at the bottom of the target was from a previous shoot where you didn't cover that particular hole with a pastie.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Closer and center mass. No one is taking a head shot at that distance without at least closing the gap. Practice some realistic shots first. Just best to not drill head shots.
    9 shots would have been good hits on center mass, you could attain that without even using the sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom