• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I've been carrying since the late 70'S. I like the 365 but MINE was not as accurate as the G 43X or 48. I had numerous of my friends try and all of us agree on that. Get a shield arms magizine and you have 16 rounds in the gun that just won't fail you. Have well over a quarter million rounds with glock counting the competition guns and haven't had one not go bang when I pulled the trigger except for ammo malfunctions. Over 30k rounds through one and haven't changed a spring or barrel.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Some dealers will "block" standard mags to make them Crown Approved. You are not allowed to unblock them. Unless you are in The Parking Space. There are several. One at the Gettysburgs MagDonalds, one outside Nordstroms at Tysons Corner, and one out front of anywhere in West Virginia that sells alcohol or food or hardware or shoes or car parts or alcohol or tires or alcohol.

Here's the one in Gettysburg.

View attachment 370017
    -_- I see. Well Tysons corner is closer to me so I'll check in on that one next time I go to that mall :P

Mr Pew

( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/
    Jun 18, 2022
    Rockville
    Yes "retreads". Anyways check out ranges that rent pistols out. Check out how your girl feels n then check groupings. However even if she gets better groupings off the bat in one, if she's more comfortable in another she's more likely to practice more in that one. Then she'll get better and negate first groupings.
    Thanks a lot. That sounds like a good plan.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Tack on the Shield Arms 15rd mags and the 43x is the winner in my books.
    To pile on to the Walther PPKs, it is heavy and has a lot of recoil for "just" being a .380 pistol. Mine leaves the safe once a year at best.
    Im in the boat with a glock43X an shield arms.

My wife prefered the sig.. So darn much choice and freedom still. Enjoy.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blah blah blah blah.

Grip reigns supreme on a carry pistol.
    Any size pistol can be properly concealed.
    Shooting the pistol saves your life. Greater concealment doesn't.
    Don't sacrifice utility for convenience and comfort.
    Feet should wear the right size shoe and the hand should wear the correct size grip.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Blah blah blah blah.

Grip reigns supreme on a carry pistol.
    Any size pistol can be properly concealed.
    Shooting the pistol saves your life. Greater concealment doesn't.
    Don't sacrifice utility for convenience and comfort.
    Feet should wear the right size shoe and the hand should wear the correct size grip.
    You should try to make a limerick out of that.

The grip reigns supreme on a pistol
    The holster should not be worn distal .....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Murse micro 9 Summer carry.
    0a1b7e4b26f5593d18b28fed0d071c12.jpg

Mr Pew

( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/
    Jun 18, 2022
    Rockville
    Im in the boat with a glock43X an shield arms.

My wife prefered the sig.. So darn much choice and freedom still. Enjoy.
    I have started looking at the Glock 43x. I appreciate all the help. It's been great being able to lean on others more knowledgeable.

chief bob

MDS Supporter
    Apr 1, 2020
    Charleston SC
    Hello.
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes. New to forum. New to building.
    I am in the process of planning two gats for my misses. An AR9 and a concealable/home defense pistol. Pmag 27 GL9 mags from AR9 can switch to most Glocks and I appreciate that. However, if the smaller Glock 19 is too small for her hand(I've read complaints) or just doesn't like it would the Walter PPk or Sigp365 be good alternatives?
    She's a fit woman and not particularly small. The Walter seems nice because of the size but. Recommendations? I know little about pistols. Thank you
    Edit: she will be firing all three but am wondering about objective differences, pros and cons.
    A Glock 48 maybe a decent alternative… I use it for an CCW… not too small but not too big for CCW like a 17 or 19

Mr Pew

( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/
    Jun 18, 2022
    Rockville
    These are metal 15 round "single stack" mags so to speak. Not 10 round.
    9dad0fdbba6db6d5c730c55b65ca0f19.jpg

2a32adbf0b800b3890abf821bc405c2b.jpg
    Yes I'll take that Glock thanks.
    :innocent0
    If we settle on 43x I'll definitely get the shields. Thank you for the heads up. I like metal.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the Glock member coupon program do you? If you have to wait two years and what the end price for different Glocks would be?

I tried asking earlier up the thread and people missed it or didn't know.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yes I'll take that Glock thanks.
    :innocent0
    If we settle on 43x I'll definitely get the shields. Thank you for the heads up. I like metal.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the Glock member coupon program do you? If you have to wait two years and what the end price for different Glocks would be?

I tried asking earlier up the thread and people missed it or didn't know.
    I've always bought under Blue Label. Sorry I don't know the coupon your talking about.
    When you order the Shield mags, get their metal Mag release as well. Plastic against metal isn't a good combo.

Mr Pew

( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/
    Jun 18, 2022
    Rockville
    I've always bought under Blue Label. Sorry I don't know the coupon your talking about.
    When you order the Shield mags, get their metal Mag release as well. Plastic against metal isn't a good combo.
    The GSSF program is what I should have said. I finally found a price list. $380 for 43x. Plus $40 membership. Taxes fees.

I'll keep digging around. Metal on metal with some grease, yeah. Thanks.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry to keep asking so many questions but I recently fell upon the Glock membership coupon program. I had been thinking of buying used but then realized I don't know enough to safeguard my purchase. I saw a consignment Glock at Atlantic for $400 I think. But I don't know the dangers of buying used. Also the Glock membership coupon thing gets it down to $450 or something. I read you only get the coupon after the second year though. A couple of opinions? Sorry I just don't know the dangers,risks, warranties etc.

The GSSF program is what I should have said. I finally found a price list. $380 for 43x. Plus $40 membership. Taxes fees.

I'll keep digging around. Metal on metal with some grease, yeah. Thanks.
    Buy at Atlantic.

VERY reputable.

With GSSF, you're already at $420, and with taxes and transfers it jumps up fast.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    everyone... EVERYONE... LISTEN UP! the resident, self-proclaimed pistol expert has spoken... :sad20:

Ya sure, any pistol can be properly concealed. Comfortable enough for all day every day carry is a different story. Talking someone into a potentially full size pistol as a "conceal carry" option is a bad idea, because after two weeks they're going to say, man this sucks I'm just not going to carry anymore.
    Tell that to the 4'11" female coworkers I had who did just fine with SIG P229s in austere environments all over the world.
    Do tell us tho.... What's your worldwide carry experience been?

Shut up for FFS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom