• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    All of this. Unless you are brand new to this, you should know approvals are the better part of a year and have been for a few years now.

But beyond that, ATF has stated they will not be processing eForm 4s until the existing paper has been processed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they processed a few test eForm 4s to make sure the system and their business process are working out, but I’d suspect it would be a tiny number. They don’t want to run two tandem processes.
    Even if they do a few eform 4's, as soon as they are released, all hell will break loose.

They might be doing mock approvals without issuing a real tax stamp. So they are "approving" them without actually approving them.

SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    I am just going by the word of the FFL/SOT. He specifically said electronically filed Form 4.

I am well aware of transfer times. These are numbers 8 and 9 for us. Last ones took 366 days. First one (2015) took 4 months. Would love to get back to that.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    All of this. Unless you are brand new to this, you should know approvals are the better part of a year and have been for a few years now.

But beyond that, ATF has stated they will not be processing eForm 4s until the existing paper has been processed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they processed a few test eForm 4s to make sure the system and their business process are working out, but I’d suspect it would be a tiny number. They don’t want to run two tandem processes.
    I was talking to SilencerShop today and I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen. Some lucky few are going to be part of the testing leading up to the transition. She said one has come through. As for us today we couldn’t get me and the customer linked in. I got bumped out 3 times and the customer couldn’t get in at all. We’re going to try an off hour.

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    Just picked up my can today…
    Check cashed 3/14/21
    Approved 2/14/22
    Stamp received 2/24/22

While I was there someone else was picking up and their check was cashed last January!

I have 3 more in jail, all about a month apart….was hoping for a batch approval, but looks like no luck……

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Check cashed 3/14/21

Approved 2/14/22

Stamp received 2/24/22

While I was there someone else was picking up and their check was cashed last January!

I have 3 more in jail, all about a month apart….was hoping for a batch approval, but looks like no luck……
    NFA Branch has spent at least 2 months working on the first half of March 2021. I finally saw 3/22 and 3/24 pop up on reddit nfa tracker and I almost shit a brick.

Come on April!

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Check cashed 3/14/21
    Approved 2/14/22
    Stamp received 2/24/22

I have two cans in jail and the checks were cashed around 3/22/2021. I called the ATF number a few weeks ago and they told me that my stamps were still under process (or words to that effect). Based upon your dates, I hope I get a call from Engage in the next couple of weeks telling me that my stamp is in and I can come in a get my cans out of jail. That will be a great day.

Cal68

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    NFA Branch has spent at least 2 months working on the first half of March 2021. I finally saw 3/22 and 3/24 pop up on reddit nfa tracker and I almost shit a brick.

Come on April!

Yea, not sure if they are pulling agents to work on the E form 4s or what. The dates getting approved might speed up and slow down at times, but this is the first time i've seen it pretty much stop completely for 2 months.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yea, not sure if they are pulling agents to work on the E form 4s or what. The dates getting approved might speed up and slow down at times, but this is the first time i've seen it pretty much stop completely for 2 months.
    Sorry, they have been working on March 2021 since early December 2021. So they've been working on a 3 week span for 3 months now? That makes no sense to me. Oh and they started March 2021 before the launch of eform 4.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Come on April!

I am guessing a LOT of people bought cans with tax returns and stimulus checks. :innocent0

PainAndGain

Dec 22, 2019
    Form 4 Paper through SS: batch approval (Rex Silentium MG7, Obsidian 9 FDE, SiCo Omega 45k)

Trust (2RP)

Pending 3/17/21, 6/9/21, 9/27/21

Approved 2/10/22

Tax Stamp In hand TBD

Got the call from Engage yesterday 2/24/22 stamps had arrived. 14 days in between approval and stamp arriving at FFL.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    From what I understand, you have to manually update your SS account with the approval date. SS gets zero notice on approved forms from the ATF.

So the only way I find out is when the FFL calls me?

DaemonAssassin is correct. The can that I ordered in Nov2020 and picked up in Sep2021 is still not showing as approved on the SilencerShop site. I do not think that that is the place to track status of your NFA item.

Cal68

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    DaemonAssassin is correct. The can that I ordered in Nov2020 and picked up in Sep2021 is still not showing as approved on the SilencerShop site. I do not think that that is the place to track status of your NFA item.

Cal68
    You have to edit the status yourself. I had my approval for months and it still showed “pending” on my dashboard and tax stamp wallet. And just a tip, it doesn’t work with an Ipad, I had to use a Windows laptop.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    NFA Branch is currently in mid-March for approvals and saying 10-12 months for approvals. If you are saying 10-12 months for approvals, then they should already be in April to May 2021 for approvals.

This is the kind of lunacy that makes me want the NFA to be repealed. I've been waiting 11 months so far, and they keep upping the approval time frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom