• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Is your feed ramp the same angle through out? One guy on one of the forums, used a dremel and made the angle the same, albeit steeper, and solved his hp probs. Another claimed his feed ramp was uneven left to right.

I also saw mention of the mag, being originally for the Witness. (don't know if true or not) but some people thought there was slop in their mags and they sat too low and drove the bullet into the steeper part of the feed ramp.

I'll bet if you called Dave at Cajun GW or CZ Custom, you would have a diagnosis in 30 sec. and a proposed cure. I would do that before I got out the dremel.

K-9COPPER

Aug 12, 2012
    Catonsville, MD
    Ok, I will try to run a different mag. Trying to locate exactly what could be doing this. Original mag spring was so weak it wouldn't even lock the slide back on empty. Thanks for your input.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Ok, I will try to run a different mag. Trying to locate exactly what could be doing this. Original mag spring was so weak it wouldn't even lock the slide back on empty. Thanks for your input.

That's what worries me about it. If the spring was that worn, what about the rest of it? It's just generally good practice to have multiple mags for any gun you have and to keep them numbered so you can track them. If the gun starts malfunctioning with a particular mag even after you've properly maintained it(cleaning the follower & body and such), then trash that mag and move on with the others.

K-9COPPER

Aug 12, 2012
    Catonsville, MD
    What I'm reading, the CZ 97 really suffers from underpowered springs. I'll try and locate a factory mag and go from there. Curious to see what CZ says.

K-9COPPER

Aug 12, 2012
    Catonsville, MD
    Sat in Freestate for an hour waiting for a free lane...holy crap they were busy tonight. Well I changed out recoil spring to wolff 16lb and ran both fmj and golden sabers 185 grain 45acp with no issues. Think I may have found the issue finally. She ran great

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom