• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    WTF??????? I hope I get that lucky, I just submitted my form 1 yesterday. Now just need to figure out an optic. Anyone know of any that will cowitness with the factory sights?

I'm using the Holosun red dot. For a budget red dot it is really nice. 2 MOA

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Reports from other sites, it's on the Internet so it must be true:

Primary Arms AMD
    PA Microdot with fixed base
    Bushnell TRS-25
    Aimpoint Micro
    Holosun HS503C
    Vortex Sparc II
    Vortex SpitFire

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    WTF??????? I hope I get that lucky, I just submitted my form 1 yesterday. Now just need to figure out an optic. Anyone know of any that will cowitness with the factory sights?

You are going to laugh, but a Bushnell TRS25 does on mine.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I wouldn't snub the TRS25. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Re y ou mounting it flush, or do you have a riser on it?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I wouldn't snub the TRS25. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Re y ou mounting it flush, or do you have a riser on it?

Right on the rail no riser, and I know they are great for the price. I have three trs25. One a 12 gauge, one on a 22 and one on the EVO.

Last edited:

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    You are going to laugh, but a Bushnell TRS25 does on mine.

Does so on mine, as well. Actually looks like it was made for it.

I have one on my evo and one on my VZ2008. The one on my VZ has held it's zero for over 500 rounds.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    This is what the guys at the end of the bar use (facebook) on the Scorp

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      48.5 KB · Views: 541

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    We are doing better than the poor bastards in Washington State who can't build their own SBR's
    My understanding is that there is a legislative fix for this coming in 2016. They're still a no SBS/MG state, though.

IMHO, the Zhukov is a good option, especially if you want to use AR-height optics and sights. Some people will whine that it blocks the ejection port, but shooting with your stock folded is kind of meh to begin with. I have a bunch of guns with folding stocks, I never shoot them folded.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I'm looking at the Zhukov now too since it'll add 13.5 inches to the overall length I wouldn't have to pin any muzzle device. I just put my papers in so I'll be filling out a form 1 and hope that the stamp comes back fast!

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    No dice... With the CZC adapter, Zhukov stock and extended butt pad it's 28 3/8 inches. You could pin a brake on it, but for me I don't want to pin anything so this setup is being returned.

That sucks. Maybe get a 3/4" extended pad

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    No dice... With the CZC adapter, Zhukov stock and extended butt pad it's 28 3/8 inches. You could pin a brake on it, but for me I don't want to pin anything so this setup is being returned.

So you actually had it in hand? How does it look? I'm not opposed to pinning a muzzle device since I'm going with an adapter to make it 1/2 X 28.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    So you actually had it in hand? How does it look? I'm not opposed to pinning a muzzle device since I'm going with an adapter to make it 1/2 X 28.

Yeah, it looks really nice like it could be factory. It attaches and locks open and closed VERY solid. I actually think it feels much sturdier than the CZ unit.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Damn! And a stupid 1/2 inch and these ridiculous Maryland laws keep it from ring an easy solution.

ETA: could you stack two pads on the back to get to length?

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Maybe someone will make a barrel short enough, but still long enough to SBR the Scorpion carbine for you MDers... that may be an easier way to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom