• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Damn! And a stupid 1/2 inch and these ridiculous Maryland laws keep it from ring an easy solution.

ETA: could you stack two pads on the back to get to length?

I was thinking about that too.. They're pads are shaped in a way you might be able to then you'd just need longer screws.

Maybe someone will make a barrel short enough, but still long enough to SBR the Scorpion carbine for you MDers... that may be an easier way to go?

CZ Custom makes a barrel that's 1/2 inch longer but it costs $188.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    The vltor emod or the magpul Acs has a thick padding along with the vltor 7 postion buffer tube to reach 29in (even when you unscrew the flash hider). And magpul has a thicker buttpad that you can add on to the acs stock

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Big time! I could pin the brake I guess... But I REALLY didn't want to. Do you know if it can be fully disassembled if the brake is still on? I've only field stripped mine.
    What they call the barrel nut, holds the hand guard on, not the barrel. I think the barrel nut has to come off entirely to remove the hand guard and that won't be happening with a pinned brake.

No one has said if the carbine barrels will be available separately in 2016.

Edit CZ is in love with loktite. Some have had trouble removing that barrel nut. CZ Custom makes a special socket for it. Taking it off at the range after a mag dump or three might be a good idea.

http://czcustom.com/czevobarrelnutsocket.aspx

Last edited:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    RSJ- if you haven't sent it back yet, you should look into stacking a second pad. One more 3/4 inch pad gets you above 29". Should be easy enough to find screws at Lowes or Home Depot. Worse case scenario is that you would have one more pad to add to your return pile.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Thanks guys! I'm gonna try and find another pad locally and see if I can rig it up. They look like pretty standard screws with a hex head. It might look a little funny on that end but at this point it's still one of the better looking stocks.

BigDaddy - I remember reading awhile ago that CZC said it can't be done but I couldn't remember why. That socket looks like a good investment though just in case... I need to send out the receiver to get engraved so I might just take off the trigger pack and grip so it'll fit in a smaller box.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    rsj same warning for the trigger pack screw. Expect loktite, use the short arm of the allen wrench and not a ball wrench.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I must have got lucky because the trigger screw and barrel but we're easy to get off

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I'm holding out for the rifle version - I figure it'll be easier to cut a barrel to meet OAL than contort the construction of the pistol. One can hope that Engage's lawsuit might bear fruit by then, but the age of miracles might also recur.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I think I found my answer to the CZ SBR dilemma:

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2016/02/13/rehv-arms-scorpion-zap/

12710915_636260126513502_4938003212317573653_o.jpg

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    That is badass.

I really want to do one 9mm subgun type SBR before the new regs hit this summer. I was thinking hard about MPX or a Zenith MP5, but this makes the Scorpion attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom