• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Opps .

Decriminalized , with minor citation .

It can't be stopped , that train has already left .

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Opps .

Decriminalized , with minor citation .

It can't be stopped , that train has already left .

They're installing new fare gates.

It will retrofit all 1,200 new gates with swinging four-foot-tall laminated safety glass, saloon-style doors instead of the low-slung yellow paddles. The ADA gates will have two gates that swing open. The narrower faregates will have just one gate.
    The new design has been tested at Fort Totten for months, along with another model that didn’t work as well. All gates will be retrofitted there by the end of the month. Then nine other stations — Wheaton, Bethesda, Vienna, Courthouse, Mt. Vernon Square, Pentagon City, Federal Center SW, Congress Heights, and Addison Road — will get them before they roll out to all stations by June 2024.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

They're installing new fare gates.

It will retrofit all 1,200 new gates with swinging four-foot-tall laminated safety glass, saloon-style doors instead of the low-slung yellow paddles. The ADA gates will have two gates that swing open. The narrower faregates will have just one gate.
    The new design has been tested at Fort Totten for months, along with another model that didn’t work as well. All gates will be retrofitted there by the end of the month. Then nine other stations — Wheaton, Bethesda, Vienna, Courthouse, Mt. Vernon Square, Pentagon City, Federal Center SW, Congress Heights, and Addison Road — will get them before they roll out to all stations by June 2024.
    :lol2: :lol::rofl:

What was shown is pathetic eye candy. It won't even slow down non-obese kids. The NYCTA had to install full-height cages, and the kidz just used the emergency exits to get in. Nothing will change until we go back to "broken windows policing"; the Soros-installed prosecutors actually prosecute; and judges actually sentence IAW the Guidelines.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    :lol2: :lol::rofl:

What was shown is pathetic eye candy. It won't even slow down non-obese kids. The NYCTA had to install full-height cages, and the kidz just used the emergency exits to get in. Nothing will change until we go back to "broken windows policing"; the Soros-installed prosecutors actually prosecute; and judges actually sentence IAW the Guidelines.
    Oh I definitely agree with you. It's an embarrassment.

Arrest enough people and make punishment severe enough, this will stop.

It's slowly sinking in:

Metro CEO Randy Clarke backs the bill, believing it will increase enforcement further, saying in a letter to Pinto, “When (Metro) increases fare enforcement, our Part I (serious) crime number is lower,” adding, “the vast majority of persons who commit criminal acts within Metro fare evade.”

Pinto shared Clarke’s sentiment.

“I believe we will be more successful in stopping some of the violent crime when we could have an enforcement mechanism for fare evasion,” she said.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Tuesday, May 16, 2023
    52 notice Notice of Appearance Tue 05/16 2:10 PM
    NOTICE of Appearance by Edward M. Wenger on behalf of GREGORY T. ANGELO, CAMERON M. ERICKSON, ROBERT M. MILLER, TYLER YZAGUIRRE (Wenger, Edward)
    Have you seen anything new on this case?

This is all I see on PacerMonitor:

Friday, May 26, 2023
    53 notice Notice of Appearance Fri 05/26 3:43 PM
    NOTICE of Appearance by Dennis Polio on behalf of All Plaintiffs (Polio, Dennis)

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    54 notice Notice of Withdrawal of Appearance Fri 07/28 4:56 PM
    NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE as to MICHAEL L. ANZALLO, ROBERT J. CONTEE, III, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, BRIAN SCHWALB. Attorney Andrew J. Saindon terminated. (Saindon, Andrew)

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE as to MICHAEL L. ANZALLO, ROBERT J. CONTEE, III, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, BRIAN SCHWALB. Attorney Andrew J. Saindon terminated. (Saindon, Andrew)
    What does this mean in regards to the odds of winning the law suit?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Interesting.

What are the Plaintiffs currently waiting on in this case? Is something still pending?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    What does this mean in regards to the odds of winning the law suit?
    Nothing as far as I can tell. One of the attorneys for the Defendants is dropping off the case.

FWIW, this guy appears to have been involved in the Wrenn lawsuit years ago, which DC lost so it became Shall Issue.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Nothing as far as I can tell. One of the attorneys for the Defendants is dropping off the case.

FWIW, this guy appears to have been involved in the Wrenn lawsuit years ago, which DC lost so it became Shall Issue.
    I am no lawyer, but that's my take. Government lawyers get assigned and reassigned regularly. I was expecting there would/will be a recaptioning when the new chief gets confirmed, to remove Contee.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I am no lawyer, but that's my take. Government lawyers get assigned and reassigned regularly. I was expecting there would/will be a recaptioning when the new chief gets confirmed, to remove Contee.
    Yeah. Perhaps that will happen in a future filing.

Not sure what the timetable is for the case now, but it sure feels good knowing that all the criminal individuals are following the carry ban on Metro for the time being.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Aug 10, 2023
    NOTICE OF SUPPLEMENTAL AUTHORITY by GREGORY T. ANGELO, CAMERON M. ERICKSON, ROBERT M. MILLER, TYLER YZAGUIRRE (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit Exhibit 1,, Teter v. Lopez, # 2 Exhibit Exhibit 2, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners v. Polis)(Lyon, George) (Entered: 08/10/2023)
    Main Doc
    Notice of Supplemental Authority

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Aug 10, 2023
    NOTICE OF SUPPLEMENTAL AUTHORITY by GREGORY T. ANGELO, CAMERON M. ERICKSON, ROBERT M. MILLER, TYLER YZAGUIRRE (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit Exhibit 1,, Teter v. Lopez, # 2 Exhibit Exhibit 2, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners v. Polis)(Lyon, George) (Entered: 08/10/2023)
    Main Doc
    Notice of Supplemental Authority
    Thank you.

Inching along....

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Looks like you can carry on Metro! lol

Gun recovered from Red Line train after fight

a57c1fea4a7f3c7d64202c3dc51a58f3.jpg

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Looks like you can carry on Metro! lol

Gun recovered from Red Line train after fight

a57c1fea4a7f3c7d64202c3dc51a58f3.jpg
    Nice Glock I think?

The important question to ask here is whether this individual was abiding by the DC Magazine Capacity Limit as well.

ChesterW8

Mar 31, 2023
    Washington DC
    There have been multiple shootings and stabbings at the Navy Yard metro station. Which doesn't make any sense to me because guns are not allowed in the metro to begin with.... :)

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    There have been multiple shootings and stabbings at the Navy Yard metro station. Which doesn't make any sense to me because guns are not allowed in the metro to begin with.... :)
    I'm sure all the shootings in the gun-free zone were done with DC Compliant firearms though.... Wouldn't want to catch the extra charge of an extended magazine.... Oh wait.... They don't care about that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom