DC resident shoots, kills 13-year-old boy, says teen was breaking into cars: police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    What?

No 90 days in the cooler before bail?

Hmmmmm.

"The defendant is presumed innocent even though a substantial probability has been found," Epstein said.

Epstein said the prosecution did not prove that Lewis was a danger to society, and there was no clear or compelling evidence that Lewis would act as a vigilante.

He said the fact that when police arrived at the scene of the shooting, Lewis was reportedly giving chest compressions to Blake weighed substantially in his favor.

How about that.... Maybe I should reconsider my prior view on this.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I'm confused. What was your prior view?
    That I would not give CPR in a self-defense shoot because it may put me in a vulnerable position if there are additional attackers and expose me to bodily fluids/pathogens.

Turns out that giving CPR weighed substantially in this guy's favor for his release ahead of trial. Who knew....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That I would not give CPR in a self-defense shoot because it may put me in a vulnerable position if there are additional attackers and expose me to bodily fluids/pathogens.

Turns out that giving CPR weighed substantially in this guy's favor for his release ahead of trial. Who knew....
    Ah! That clears it up in my mind, thanks. I was actually thinking along a different line.
    Me, not being a public servant, should not feel compelled to render assistance to someone I just shot. Recognizing that I had just shot a youngster, I might feel compelled to help the person, once the scene felt secure.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Ah! That clears it up in my mind, thanks. I was actually thinking along a different line.
    Me, not being a public servant, should not feel compelled to render assistance to someone I just shot. Recognizing that I had just shot a youngster, I might feel compelled to help the person, once the scene felt secure.
    Sure thing. I would normally never want to get near someone I shot to render aid because of the personal safety risk and the infection risk, but maybe I should add a pair of latex gloves to my EDC kit for the remote possibility that it could happen. Looks like it got this guy release though.... until they ultimately throw the book at him.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sure thing. I would normally never want to get near someone I shot to render aid because of the personal safety risk and the infection risk, but maybe I should add a pair of latex gloves to my EDC kit for the remote possibility that it could happen. Looks like it got this guy release though.... until they ultimately throw the book at him.
    And a real tourniquet. The life you save, might be your own.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Hmmmm.... if I shot someone, I can then perform CPR on them thus increasing the blood squirting out of them and ensuring their death.... and then use that action to reduce the State's persecution of me.
    Doesn't really make logical sense to me, but then again nothing in this dumbass country has made sense lately.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

OR hypothetically , the Shootee is playing possum or exagerating their injuries to get the defender to come within range to attack . Or was momentarily stunned , and upon coming back around , would resume the attack that got them shot in the first place .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OR hypothetically , the Shootee is playing possum or exagerating their injuries to get the defender to come within range to attack . Or was momentarily stunned , and upon coming back around , would resume the attack that got them shot in the first place .
    Or is actually an alien, impervious to all but kryptonite bullets, which MD outlawed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Good one , I chuckled .

But suspects immobile , but fighting at close range , or faking is a real thing .

Absolutely , quickly call for backup and EMS , in as many ways as possible .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Good one , I chuckled .

But suspects immobile , but fighting at close range , or faking is a real thing .

Absolutely , quickly call for backup and EMS , in as many ways as possible .
    Kick him in the nuts. If he doesn't flinch, render aid.

I think there are too many scenarios to account for. Each would be different. Some folks will be obviously incapacitated, but your point is taken.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Kick him in the nuts. If he doesn't flinch, render aid.

Kicking in the nuts is rude , plus brings you too close from him to potentially kick you .

You tap them on the bottom of the feet , preferably with a baton . Gives maximum distance from them kicking out , but unlikely to cause injury . Not just in this context , but for the unresponsive Residentially Challenged .. When you have to check if they're just normally sacked out , or sick or OD'ed in need of medical attention .

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    These lawyers warn about rendering aid. Prosecutor could twist it to "consciousness of guilt" for example. Don't render aid - you are a heartless monster. I think regardless of helping or not helping, it depends on the luck of the draw with judge and jury.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    What a fvcking loser excuse for a “mother”! “Would it make you happy if it was 4PM?” That’s your answer?

Despite making up around 55% of the Montgomery County Public School student population, Black and Hispanic/Latine students accounted for 83.1% of all school suspensions for disrespect, disruption and insubordination over the 2021-22 school year, according to data in the school district’s 2022-25 strategic plan. That’s 14 percentage points higher than the previous school year.

Lord of the Flies.

These problems start at home and the youth bring them to school and other places.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    That's very possible. The more I think about it, the less I'd want to do CPR for a Shootee. Hopefully I can substitute calling 911 or having bystanders do it which makes a good impression on a Judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom