• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    What exactly is the reason behind them not shipping uppers? They aren’t firearms.
    Last I checked we can change uppers as much as we damn well please.

As for mags, are we talking just the banned mags, or are they refusing to ship ANY mags to DE at all?

Whatever the case, the thing with the uppers just put them on my personal shit list. I really don’t care what their excuse is, it’s BS.
    Website now says anything over 17 won't ship.

Uppers language is not on the website currently. Complete/stripped AR/AK Lower language is.

They may have put DE through their attorney review and updated their policy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Uppers language is not on the website currently. Complete/stripped AR/AK Lower language is.

Or wait….

DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA

Thank you for the clarification

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Section 1469(e) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) A person who manufactures a large-capacity magazine, if the person manufactures the large-capacity magazine with the intent to sell the large-capacity magazine, or offer the large-capacity magazine for sale, to a person outside of this State.
    Berreta had a carve out in Maryland too. They decided to leave in part because of the new laws that were getting pushed. I am sure cheaper work force and facility helped. A LOT. However, a better political climate for you business is for certain a thing too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Magpul leave.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I don't know why the trainers at Atlantic Tactical keep spreading this I gave RS a copy of the law. CCW licensees are definitely exempt. The law goes into effect 8/29/2022. The attempt to exempt CCW holders from the semi auto ban was rejected.

Some of these trainers pass on bad info. When I got my Delaware training 10 years ago the trainer said that if you are caught open carrying you will lose your CCW. Again false.
    We dont't. I don't teach Delaware law in my section. We were discussing a bill that was just passed and not published . Tim Otwell went over that in Day 2 (the new day) because that is where it is taught when we go over Non resident licenses and the difference between. You know I get tired of people especially with 52 post talk about a company without ever discussing the curiculum. By the why we never said the ayou would lose your ccw if open carry in Delaware. The discussion on the mag ban in Delware was a day or two after the bill passed and we were unsure and said so.

R.S. Mitchell

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Berreta had a carve out in Maryland too. They decided to leave in part because of the new laws that were getting pushed. I am sure cheaper work force and facility helped. A LOT. However, a better political climate for you business is for certain a thing too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Magpul leave.
    To avoid any confusion, Magpul is not in DE.

Magpul does not have a presence in DE. They are only incorporated here.

Atlantis Ind is a 07 in Georgetown, DE. They are located near the airport. https://www.atlantisusa.com/ They make all things plastic/resin.

They make plas-teak doodads like....
    DSCN0056-2-e1519440610297.jpg

They make parts for Mission First as well. https://missionfirsttactical.com/

clarencehenherder

MDS Supporter
    Aug 19, 2013
    Sussex County, Delaware
    We dont't. I don't teach Delaware law in my section. We were discussing a bill that was just passed and not published . Tim Otwell went over that in Day 2 (the new day) because that is where it is taught when we go over Non resident licenses and the difference between. You know I get tired of people especially with 52 post talk about a company without ever discussing the curiculum. By the why we never said the ayou would lose your ccw if open carry in Delaware. The discussion on the mag ban in Delware was a day or two after the bill passed and we were unsure and said so.

R.S. Mitchell
    RS: I was responding to a poster that said that Atlantic Tactical was still saying this about the mag ban.

The training at your facility is excellent. I have directed numerous Delawareans to your site.

By the way I chose to get training with you even though I have a DD214. Some of the people I have directed to you are exempt too but I strongly recommend getting YOUR training.

I never said that YOU said CCW licensees will lose their permits. It was a trainer in New Castle County. I personally don’t open carry.

I have nothing but good things to say about Atlantic Tactical

Last edited:

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Magpul does not have a presence in DE. They are only incorporated here.

Atlantis Ind is a 07 in Georgetown, DE. They are located near the airport. https://www.atlantisusa.com/ They make all things plastic/resin.

They make plas-teak doodads like....
    DSCN0056-2-e1519440610297.jpg

They make parts for Mission First as well. https://missionfirsttactical.com/
    I stand corrected. I had read some misinformation....somewhere. I'm usually pretty good at checking before posting.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

State preparing for buyback of high-capacity gun magazines​

Absolute heresy.

The Delaware Department of Safety and Homeland Security is preparing for a limited buyback program during which Delaware residents are eligible to receive fair market compensation for any large magazine with more than 17 rounds of ammunition turned over to law enforcement.

DSHS is working to establish the framework and guidelines for the compensation program.

This buyback program is for Delaware residents only. The program is only intended for individuals and does not apply to wholesale, retail, manufacturers, and distributor business entities.

Anonymous donations will be permitted. However, no compensation will be provided.

Draft regulations for the buyback have been submitted to the Delaware Register of Regulations for publication and will be available for public review and comment beginning September 1 through October 3. Once the regulations are finalized, DSHS will use various traditional media and social media outlets to provide program details and dates.

In addition, DSHS will share this information with legislators, law enforcement agencies statewide, and community groups.

DSHS is tentatively planning to host buyback events in mid-November 2022 at locations in each county. The locations will be advertised when finalized.

Residents are encouraged to review 11 Del. C. § 1469(c) as certain exemptions apply.

Vig

Aug 7, 2022
    Delaware

State preparing for buyback of high-capacity gun magazines​

Absolute heresy.
    I will find where these buybacks are and I will purchase them from anyone trying to sell theirs before they sell them to the state.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I will find where these buybacks are and I will purchase them from anyone trying to sell theirs before they sell them to the state.
    Sounds good until a lefty cop arrests you for it.

Support www.DSSA.us and let them deal with it. Hopefully an injunction is filed before this happens.

BartExp

Ultimate Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom