• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    Nope.

And internet sales websites are already restricting DE like MD over the years. Won't ship.

PSA won't ship uppers or mags to DE.
    WV won't even sell legal long guns to Maryland residents. And who could blame them. But tinfoil hat on lol, I think there is a lot of money being put into political campaigns dem or rep to eventually ban internet sales. I think they are forcing site to restrict state by state until there are like 10 left. Sorry for the tinfoil black pill.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Shipping costs for UPS and Fed Ex are going up over 5% soon. With the pace of law changes and Master Charge and Visa jacking their rates a point to retailers 10-1-23....

Can you blame these businesses for being cautious?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    As noted in other threads, Rhode Island mag cap case heard today. You can check the RI threads for links. It’s in at least 2

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    WV won't even sell legal long guns to Maryland residents. And who could blame them. But tinfoil hat on lol, I think there is a lot of money being put into political campaigns dem or rep to eventually ban internet sales. I think they are forcing site to restrict state by state until there are like 10 left. Sorry for the tinfoil black pill.
    Lol, since when?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008

TaoHaus

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2023
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Just finished Day 1 of the MD CCW at Atlantic Tactical with RS. He and I got into a discussion about the new DE law. He felt DE CCW exemption didn't make it into the final signed bill. I pulled up the current updated code and it looks like it made it into the final signed bill. Therefore, anyone with a DE CCW is exempt from the greater than 17 round magazine ban. But, that also means non-DE residents cannot possess a greater than 17 round magazine in DE, since I don't believe DE issues non resident permits. Even with reciprocity, the exemption only applies to "permits issued by the Superior Court under § 1441 of this title."

Am I reading this right?
    The privileges and immunities clause of the Constitution absolutely and unquestionably requires DE issue CCW permits to non-residents, like it or not.

TaoHaus

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2023
    Gaithersburg, MD
    And they can’t
    The privileges and immunities clause of the Constitution absolutely and unquestionably requires DE issue CCW permits to non-residents, like it or not.
    And for the same reason, any law or permitting regime that allowed residents to have one permit and non-residents another, with the latter limited to lower capacity magazines than residents would not fly.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

And they can’t

And for the same reason, any law or permitting regime that allowed residents to have one permit and non-residents another, with the latter limited to lower capacity magazines than residents would not fly.

And "shall not be infringed" means what it says, until it doesn't....

You must be new around firearms laws. There exists a plethora of difference in laws between Resident and Non-Resident permits across the USA.

TaoHaus

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2023
    Gaithersburg, MD
    And "shall not be infringed" means what it says, until it doesn't....

You must be new around firearms laws. There exists a plethora of difference in laws between Resident and Non-Resident permits across the USA.
    Haven’t tracked, but especially post-Bruen none of that will withstand scrutiny if challenged. May be new to gun carry laws, but have been licensed to practice for over 25 years (and was originally licensed in DE as it happens).

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Haven’t tracked, but especially post-Bruen none of that will withstand scrutiny if challenged. May be new to gun carry laws, but have been licensed to practice for over 25 years (and was originally licensed in DE as it happens).

Understood, but both Lefty Legislatures and Lefty Courts apparently could give 2 fvcks about post-Bruen 2A theory, as witnessed by many laws passed and court decisions since then.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Mag ban and awb hearing on march 11.

Per FPC Twitter feed

IMG_2695.png

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    DSSA has already begun a campaign to file arguments in court. They have a pretty good track record but like most requires funding and time. Meanwhile, the shootings in Wilmington continue. No surprise there.
    It's also my understanding that Magpul has a facility in Sussex County and will be leaving. More jobs lost due to unrealistic laws.
    I would imagine that WV would welcome Magpul with open arms.
    Beretta USA left Md a few years back because of similar politics, but is doing very well for themselves after relocating to Tennessee.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I would imagine that WV would welcome Magpul with open arms.
    Beretta USA left Md a few years back because of similar politics, but is doing very well for themselves after relocating to Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom