• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Friends on recent hunt trip to sodel stated that coyotes have been released? Or spread into? lower de. Eastern Sussex county, but if true, they’re surely moving around now.

Anyone seen them around? Anywhere on the peninsula? Especially Delaware.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MD DNR has been saying they were in every county in MD for at least 2 or 3 years. I don't think they could be in every MD county and not be in DE as well. My cousins confirm sighting them farther up the peninsula in Kent County MD just last week.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    MD DNR has been saying they were in every county in MD for at least 2 or 3 years. I don't think they could be in every MD county and not be in DE as well. My cousins confirm sighting them farther up the peninsula in Kent County MD just last week.

MD DNR also claims there aren't feral pigs in Maryland. Yet they are in Northern Virginian and also in Southern PA...

Though I'll say I haven't heard anyone claim they've seen feral pigs in Maryland (in DC, sure).

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    they were in Prime Hook at least 10 years ago. Don't know the year but before Hurricane Sandy breached the sea wall at Prime Hook anyway, we saw several heading out or from duck hunting. Prime Hook has been awful since so we don't really hunt it anymore.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    MD DNR also claims there aren't feral pigs in Maryland. Yet they are in Northern Virginian and also in Southern PA...

Though I'll say I haven't heard anyone claim they've seen feral pigs in Maryland (in DC, sure).

If they aren't here, they'll get here. The VA and PA pig populations are two separate groups.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    PA and NJ and pigs swim. I predict the marshes of Delaware will eventually be overrun with them. Crop damage permits on Delmarva are certainly to be issued in all three states

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I’m still surprised sika deer haven’t spread further up the peninsula. It’s still uncommon to see them north of Queen Annes county

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Ugh. The forum software truncates the thread title into "Delaware/Penins..."
    When I'm in a hurry skimming the topics it looks like "Delaware/Penis..."

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Feral pigs were observed this year near Linkwood. Raiding bait piles. Probably leftover overs that went feral from around Hawkeye.
    They were hunting coyotes south of Weston Farms in the marsh 20 years ago. (Fishing Bay)
    The coyotes are all over the place now for sure.
    I was seeing Sika (small numbers)in Caroline in the early 2000’s near American Corner- Preston Harmony area.
    They’re also spotted in between Seaford and Laurel and over to Phillips’s landing / Pete Gum , Woodlands - Walkers Marine for the past few years.
    Someone earlier this week or end of last week said they or someone in their party killed spike stag south of Blades somewhere.
    They had to use a whitetail tag on it for some reason after communicating with dnrec.
    My wife also told me she seen one at her friends farm in Hurlock the other day as well now that I think about it.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG

Didn't she move to CA and become speaker

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    I was talking to a farmer in Andrews and he mentioned multiple coyotes seeing, it is close to Black Water.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    I know it's Central MD, but can confirm Coyotes in Anne Arundel County. Just had a family meeting to discuss how we're going to deal with them on the property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom