• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    Old post but I can confirm there are coyotes to some extent in pretty much every eastern shore county. We've killed them in most of them.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Old post but I can confirm there are coyotes to some extent in pretty much every eastern shore county. We've killed them in most of them.
    Feral pigs again too I saw some a few months ago near some Turner farms lands.
    Coming out of a bean field and crossing the road.
    Lots of tail cam pics pick up Coyotes guys been hunting them in the marsh below Vienna for quite some time. Over a decade or more.
    I was just looking at some picture of coyotes near Milton a few weeks ago before the DE opener.
    Probably getting spread around by guys hunting them just like sika deer hogs and other invasive species.

GenoBluzGtr

Mar 23, 2018
    I came home to two in my yard last week, in St Mary's County. There's also a guy here in my neighborhood who has taken a few out this year. He sits at night on Amish property (with permission) and calls them in with injured rabbit calls. Half the neighborhood is appalled and the other half are pulling for him to keep going.

Here's a pic he posted on the neighborhood FB group. TONS of city-born Karen's were up in arms about it.

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 4.50.32 PM.png

The two in my yard just on the other side of the fence from my dog. he was growling and barking, which made me go in the back and look. They saw me, froze for a few, and then took off. Did NOT seem to be at all scared of my dog.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Feral pigs again too I saw some a few months ago near some Turner farms lands.
    Coming out of a bean field and crossing the road.
    I had been guessing that feral pigs were actually here even though officially they are not yet in DE or MD. They prefer to live where people prefer not to go. They have been in PA, NJ and VA for decades and love swampy bottom land ... half of DE east of 1 and all of ES west of 50 below Cambridge.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I had been guessing that feral pigs were actually here even though officially they are not yet in DE or MD. They prefer to live where people prefer not to go. They have been in PA, NJ and VA for decades and love swampy bottom land ... half of DE east of 1 and all of ES west of 50 below Cambridge.
    There were a bunch (pigs) killed in Linkwood last year I think it was.
    Like I mentioned earlier, coyotes have been around for some time.
    The first coyote I saw locally in the woods was Sika deer hunting was near the Spicer sawmill and that was a very well long time ago.
    I had witnessed them before over the other side near Weston farms multiple times nearly two decades ago.
    When I saw the one sika deer hunting at first I thought it was a dog like a Shepard and then I realized where I was at. Not even expecting anything in the very least of a coyote or dog for that matter but I did get a shot off and I missed!

Anyway, it ran off through some big bull pines and laid up right next to a tree about 8o yards away and took another one and missed again! Story of my life shooting in the woods, but that one small hesitation not wanting to shoot someones dog will mess you up I s what I think now.

One day, Ill post a picture of the bear over by Greenbriar but no one would be believe that either but they're there. Not far from that Black-water rental company near the Tubman store.
    Which is the real myth, the store not the bear.
    Some of them boys down below been killing coyotes for a long time. Even before I saw the first ones on the way to Elliot's.
    They're all over the place nowadays, even out my way. Met a guy who was guiding for them this past summer. Caroline is where he was from I think.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interesting that pigs are here. I had no doubt they’d be coming…

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    We shot coyotes 20 years ago in Dorchester. They are all over. In Harford we hear them frequently in the winter. Christmas day in 2017 on the way to my inlaws there was a fairly large one dead at the entrance to the Harbor tunnel on 895. Eastern coyotes are an interesting breed. Genetically mixed with wolves and domestic dogs. Fairly larger that the western variety.

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    There were a bunch (pigs) killed in Linkwood last year I think it was.
    Like I mentioned earlier, coyotes have been around for some time.
    The first coyote I saw locally in the woods was Sika deer hunting was near the Spicer sawmill and that was a very well long time ago.
    I had witnessed them before over the other side near Weston farms multiple times nearly two decades ago.
    When I saw the one sika deer hunting at first I thought it was a dog like a Shepard and then I realized where I was at. Not even expecting anything in the very least of a coyote or dog for that matter but I did get a shot off and I missed!

Anyway, it ran off through some big bull pines and laid up right next to a tree about 8o yards away and took another one and missed again! Story of my life shooting in the woods, but that one small hesitation not wanting to shoot someones dog will mess you up I s what I think now.

One day, Ill post a picture of the bear over by Greenbriar but no one would be believe that either but they're there. Not far from that Black-water rental company near the Tubman store.
    Which is the real myth, the store not the bear.
    Some of them boys down below been killing coyotes for a long time. Even before I saw the first ones on the way to Elliot's.
    They're all over the place nowadays, even out my way. Met a guy who was guiding for them this past summer. Caroline is where he was from I think.
    Guessing this is Steve you're talking about at the end?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Honestly can’t remember the name but his old man said they farmed off Centennial and turned some of the farm over to Black Gold on the Rhodesdale/ Vienna rd.
    He also gave me some brochures to where they were involved with deer and pig hunting down south.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Had a coyote in my game camera in the marsh behind the red roost in tyaskin. First time for this. Not heard them at night either

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They are in every county in Maryland. I would be shocked if they were not in all three counties in Delaware.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Coyotes are well established. I've been seeing them in MoCo at McKee Beshers and other places like that for over a decade. If I walk the wet areas on a Sunday during duck season, it's almost a guarantee that I'll see one. I see them in Fairfax County several times a week -- they almost never howl and I've started seeing them walking down roadside ditches during the day. They know no one is hunting them in the suburbs. I had coyote and fox tracks in the snow going across my front yard yesterday. Looked like one was trailing the other.

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    MD DNR has been saying they were in every county in MD for at least 2 or 3 years. I don't think they could be in every MD county and not be in DE as well. My cousins confirm sighting them farther up the peninsula in Kent County MD just last week.
    They are definitely in every county. Now, the population density may not be high, but they're there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom