• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Rack, I said you were crazy, more than once. And while I am not wrong, because you are crazy good, I was completely shocked about the impact Deplorable Tuesday has. I was proud to stand next to all the men today! Thank you for all you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I was so very proud to be a part of today (as I usually am when I get to one).

While a very strong few anchor these events (Thank you, you know who you are), it is an outlet for us to express ourselves in a way that is personally unique. This is TRULY a grass roots movement.

Each sign and each bill we fought or endorsed is personal, and has its own meaning to each individual, yet we can fight different battles on the same field for the same end game.

It was my honor to meet and thank the guys from Second Liberty today. They were a breath of fresh air and a great asset to Americans who love freedom. I want to personally thank them (again) for coming out to defend the rights of all citizens. I look forward to burning up some ammo with you guys.

Jack M. was a complete surprise to me, and we could have no greater ally. Thank you Jack for being there. Your presence was inspiring.

I got to talk to several Senators, and a few Delegates (including a drive by with Dumais). I personally talked about Senate bill 511 and House bill 663. My family IS a "Good & Substantial" reason. One Senator said, "Just go get a permit", completely not understanding that a regular citizen cannot get near one.

There were other moments of conversation among folks who did not approve, and I will save them for non-internet discussions, and there were also many folks who walked by and I quote, "we support you and pray for you".

I was really encouraged that the empty holsters I was (we were) wearing went almost completely unnoticed. It was a sign to me that even open carry would not be noticed by the general public. Many representatives I spoke to I had to actually bring it up to them, they were oblivious, which to me means that it could be normal in Maryland as much as it is normal in real America.

You can participate at any level you want, and for any reason you want. No pressure is put on you, and there are people there who can help respond to opposition or support if you need help, or can't find the right words at the moment, so all I can say is come out for YOUR reason when these events are held.

It will make you feel like you have accomplished something, and you will have.

Some years ago, Glenn Ivey, then State's Attorney, PG County, told me the same thing, insisting they were easy to get. I asked him to help me navigate the process since he obviously knew something I didn't. Never heard back. :innocent0

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Rack, I said you were crazy, more than once. And while I am not wrong, because you are crazy good, I was completely shocked about the impact Deplorable Tuesday has. I was proud to stand next to all the men today! Thank you for all you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for "coming out" Jack. You are a fine example for those still serving with MSP to follow.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Great job by everyone involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could have been there, but alas the had to work. Cant say enough thank you's as a citizen of MD!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This photo is currently the cover page photo for MDShooters on the Book of Faces.

Pretty cool, thank you to the mods. :mdpatriot

16602960_10154429950853230_4646699499049477429_n.jpg

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    But, but, but... where are the pics of the rioting and the looting and the setting of fires? Huh? Oh wait... that only happens at rallies with tolerant, reasonable snowflakes. Never mind.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    But, but, but... where are the pics of the rioting and the looting and the setting of fires? Huh? Oh wait... that only happens at rallies with tolerant, reasonable snowflakes. Never mind.

Wait for the hunters on Thursday. ;)

1. of course, I'm joking. Note their flyer below emphasizing decorum.
    2. don't know if there's already a MD 2A Issues thread on this.

Attachments

• MHC -- Blaze & Camo Day 2017 Flier.jpg
      MHC -- Blaze & Camo Day 2017 Flier.jpg
      138.2 KB · Views: 221

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not a single thing about gun owners or gun ownership.

Just hunters. Which I am. But I'm a gun owner first and foremost.

Pretty sure gun owners as a group outnumbers hunters as a group.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Maryland Hunting Coalition (MHC)

Not a single thing about gun owners.

Just hunters.

Pretty sure gun owners as a group outnumbers hunters as a group.

Who are these tools?

Blaze and Camo Day is an annual event for MHC in Nap'Town and considering the 'long gun registry' ramifications of Senate Bill 948 that would criminalize their private transfer, I would hope that they do more than their usual photo-ops with Mike & Mike ... otherwise they just might end up in the same 'position' as they were last year ...

Attachments

• Hunters United againt MD hun laws.jpg
      Hunters United againt MD hun laws.jpg
      42.5 KB · Views: 208
    • MD Democrats pushing to strengthen state’s already strict (s).jpg
      MD Democrats pushing to strengthen state’s already strict (s).jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 207

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Historically the Sportsmen Coalitions WERE the gun rights forces, and nobody could concieve of them being two seperate things .

In recent years the degree of common cause has been variable from legislative season to legislative season . In '13 there was great unity. Now that 948 is in play, I predict the joint purpose will be ramping up.

Legitimately being hunter also, I plan to be there with same hat as jacket as Tuesday.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Patriot Picket call-out is up for tomorrow at Lawyer's Mall to "nudge" the Maryland Hunting Coalition to get active on GUN RIGHTS, not just carve-outs for hunters and hunting privileges.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4691680&postcount=48

Maybe the hunters (not going to use the F word), will finally realize we are in this fight together.

Looks like we need to swarm Annapolis to keep our rights again. Why does the Liberal Triangle try to take rights of the law-abiding?

Damn right we need to swarm, so put your boots on the Bricks to fight the Long Gun Transfer bill, which is another Leftist attack on the Constitution!

Tomorrow morning(Thursday) at 9am join a Patriot Picket to shame the Maryland Hunting Coalition (MHC) into action. They are massing their group tomorrow at Lawyer's Mall just as we did yesterday, except they don't want to talk about this Long Gun Transfer bill--only their hunting rights. That's bulls!t!

Last year the MHC picked a fight with The Patriot Picket, claiming that only THEY represented the best interests and hunters and/or other gun owners. The MHC received hundreds of comments demanding that they support GUN RIGHTS FOR ALL GUN OWNERS, and to cease attacking The Patriot Picket for defending all gun owners, including hunters, in Annapolis. Sadly, the Maryland Hunting Coalition has a VERY short memory. They have yet to mention to the Long Gun Transfer bill on their Facebook page.

This 'hunting coalition"--which claims to represent Maryland's hunters--will publicly lobby tomorrow for a DEER MANAGEMENT BILL! . Last year, when they did not step up, WE DID, and became the "real hunters" in the media when MHC wouldn't! (see the pic below)

The MHC is meeting up at the Navy Stadium Parking lot in the morning and then will walk-- or ride over in their fancy MHC bus--to Lawyers Mall for their rally at 9am.

Starting at 7am, The Patriot Picket will be at Rowe Blvd and Taylor Avenue,--our traditional spot for traffic sign waving one block from the Navy Stadium-- to catch the "united hunters" as they arrive to park at the Stadium.

We will then move at 8:40am to get to the sidewalk at Lawyers Mall with the signs you see below to confront the Maryland Hunting Coalition for ignoring this crisis while celebrating successes in the quest for hunting privileges and carve outs just for their members. We are talking about the F word here, I'm afraid.

Show what you are made of IN PERSON on this Long Gun Transfer crisis. Layer up and join us at Lawyer's Mall at 9am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom