• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    So, if the ammo and components are stored properly (temp and humidity control) there is no shelf life issues. Correct? I have a reasonable stock of my reloads stored properly and have never given a thought to rotating stock, recording load dates or any allied issues. Similar question on the powder stored in factory bottles.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    So, if the ammo and components are stored properly (temp and humidity control) there is no shelf life issues. Correct? I have a reasonable stock of my reloads stored properly and have never given a thought to rotating stock, recording load dates or any allied issues. Similar question on the powder stored in factory bottles.

Should be no problems. You will be able to tell if powder has gone bad by the smell when you open the bottle. My reload inventory is kept in cases with desiccant packs inside to help prevent any deterioration. I do not worry about cycling my reloads, but have only been reloading a few years.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    It doesn't need a long distance.

They are like a big firecracker. Pop, and the case splits.

See the SAAMI video on fire and ammunition. You can find it on You Tube.

I often threw them in my heavy duty Fisher wood stove (pistol) bang, all gone no harm. Rifle in river now, they sleep with the fish and turtles.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Police station they will also take expired pyrotechnics (eg: marine flares). The fire department used to take them.
    They will probably want you to call the station from the parking lot and explain what you have, then they will send an officer to meet you in the parking lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom