• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Does she know you're on MDS?

If there is any chance she knows, or that her attorney might scour social media for you, this thread should be deleted before it can be used against you.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    So many divorce horror stories and people still chomp at the bit to have a vengeful ball and chain shackled to their ankle.

Like moths to a flame

truth-demotivational-poster-1239057843.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Meanwhile, the MSP have a list of all the handguns and pre-2013 regulated long guns that were ever transferred to you on a Form 77r, but they WON'T have the non-regulated long guns you acquired on Forms 4473 or in face-to-face sales.

On the other hand, any of the regulated guns you no longer own will still be on the list, because it's only a record of acquisitions.

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Maryland is not a community property state

I thought I heard you say you sold all your guns some years ago, to that Pennsylvania FFL, who is years out of business

Be nice, until it's time not to be nice

I'm glad you survived your fall from Nakatomi Plaza

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Yup, this is all relevant and in the order. I have all major items. She is listing all minor items from the beginning of time like a lunatic. She was cheating on me and MD no longer cares as a legal divorce reason for its proceeding. As of Oct 2023 that has been changed. If you cheat IMO- you should get nothing and get put on a spike. Texas knows what they are doing... meanwhile - MD - still a bunch of idiots.
    Yes. Right there with you. Morals don't count anymore.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Who initiated the divorce and if it's her, how bad does she want out?

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Life is full of choices. Some choose poorly...
    Who knows. OP's future ex could be a big mammeried hot redhead, or not.

I'll admit I chose poorly, but I'll not put that on OP without more info.
    Who initiated the divorce and if it's her, how bad does she want out?
    Nobody cares, split up the assets and debts and move on.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I almost went thru this situation 10 years ago. Had everything ready for the split, papers sight, separation and mediation done, then we turned back at the last second. Mainly for the kids. I had moved most of my guns to my dad's house, but she felt unsafe in the house without me there and requested a gun so I gave her the most valuable. A HiPoint. Thing is, she doesn't know exactly what I had, or have now except for the ones she shot or saw. And I have duplicates for a couple reasons. If she doesn't know what you have, clump together the most valuable. Any inherited guns that have sentimental value make them disappear. If she knows they have a special value to you, she'll want them the most out of spite. You do need some sacrificial lambs though. For her it's about money, the value. And spite. Good luck, best wishes.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If she’s going to put you through the grinder return the favor. I know it doesn’t feel like it now, but there’s light at the end of the tunnel. My life is 500% better.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    here is what i did with my separation/divorce 8 years ago. i moved the guns to my parents house while we were still in the same house. i didn't want her to be able to use the guns against me with a po or with any law enforcement if it got nasty. luckily is never it did. i negotiated to keep my guns and she keep her jewelry. she also had more in her 401k then i did, so that offset some of the stuff i kept. it is far better to find something she wants and trade then try to fight over it will lawyers. this all depends on the value of the gun collection. if its worth tens of thousands it is different than if it is like three of four thousand. the other thing that helped me is she wanted out. she was easier to agree on things because the faster it was settle the faster she could be with the new guy. i even told her if we can keep the lawyers out of this we will both keep more of our money/stuff. we both compromised on things and it worked out. after the initial shock from her cheating/asking for the divorce. i just treated it as a business transaction. i left the emotion out of it when negotiating with her. i was hard sometimes to do this but it made it easier.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Nobody cares, split up the assets and debts and move on.
    Totally not true. If the wife wants out of the divorce and wants to do it quickly then the OP has leverage regarding the assets.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I have a friend who was recently going through a divorce and his wife wanted a list of all the guns he owned, among all his other assets. He was able to negotiate with her and kept the guns. In reality most parties don't give a hoot about the guns or anything else except for their monetary value. He was able to keep them in the end by offering her other things she was more interested in. Definitely a tough place to be in and I wish you the best of luck.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    I'm in WV not MD where there is no firearm registration. Obviously this won't work if a divorce attorney can get the list of registered guns from the state.

So, a customer of mine had a very nice collection (think Purdy shotgun, nice Remington Rand 1911, and transferrable MG nice). He gets wind that his wife is cheating and planning a divorce but hasn't filed yet or said anything. So, he starts buying cheap look-alikes guns online and having them shipped to me for transfer since his wife is clueless about firearms; to her all AR-style rifles all look alike, all revolvers look alike, all pistols, look alike, all wood stock and blued-barrel shotguns look alike, etc.

Over time he brings the nice gun over, leaves it for cleaning/repair service, and takes the doppelganger to the range and then home. He cleans the cheap gun and puts it in the safe. He also tells me he will let me know that the firearms he left for cleaning are clean enough.

YMMV

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I'm in WV not MD where there is no firearm registration. Obviously this won't work if a divorce attorney can get the list of registered guns from the state.

So, a customer of mine had a very nice collection (think Purdy shotgun, nice Remington Rand 1911, and transferrable MG nice). He gets wind that his wife is cheating and planning a divorce but hasn't filed yet or said anything. So, he starts buying cheap look-alikes guns online and having them shipped to me for transfer since his wife is clueless about firearms; to her all AR-style rifles all look alike, all revolvers look alike, all pistols, look alike, all wood stock and blued-barrel shotguns look alike, etc.

Over time he brings the nice gun over, leaves it for cleaning/repair service, and takes the doppelganger to the range and then home. He cleans the cheap gun and puts it in the safe. He also tells me he will let me know that the firearms he left for cleaning are clean enough.

YMMV
    Hope your buddy used cash for all purchases. Otherwise, there is a paper trail somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom