• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've dressed does out before and the milk is something else you have to watch for, when slitting the belly. I don't like getting milk all over the abdomen when you're try to keep everything sterile and clean of debris.

Never quite figured out how to do it cleanly with the mammary glands.
    Cut down till you are an inch or two from the udder, then hang a left or a right around and then back in again. Then cut around the other side I the udder from the skin flap. Cut away the udder where it’s attach down in and you usually don’t get any milk leakage.

50/50 for me so far I accidentally knick it and get a little leakage from moms who still have their milk earlier in the season. But when I am being careful I’ve been fine.

I am also laughing myself silly at the posts.

Just be careful OP you don’t get too lonely out there either. Them deers start looking mighty fine after a bit. Or so I’ve heard.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I've dressed does out before and the milk is something else you have to watch for, when slitting the belly. I don't like getting milk all over the abdomen when you're try to keep everything sterile and clean of debris.

Never quite figured out how to do it cleanly with the mammary glands.
    Just grab a handful and pull away from the doe. I cut front to back just under the skin all the way around. Toss it away....easy peasy

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just grab a handful and pull away from the doe. I cut front to back just under the skin all the way around. Toss it away....easy peasy
    I cut under it. Once I form a flap of skin with the glands attached, I lop it off. But either way, you don't want to cut through it.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Not another, "I Want to Drink Dead Deer Milk" thread.

Mods, can we merge all these?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The mammaries should get dressed out before breaking the seal on the abdomen. The milk resides external to the abdominal wall. It stays that way when removed first.
    Oh, yes I don't cut into the muscles of the abdomen until after I'm tried to deal with the mammaries. Seems to always make a mess anyways. I've only had a few doe with active mammaries, so I never had a lot of practice perfecting their removal.

Out of everything on YouTube, I hadn't been able to find one video expressly mentioning how to do it, without making a mess.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Cut down till you are an inch or two from the udder, then hang a left or a right around and then back in again. Then cut around the other side I the udder from the skin flap. Cut away the udder where it’s attach down in and you usually don’t get any milk leakage.

50/50 for me so far I accidentally knick it and get a little leakage from moms who still have their milk earlier in the season. But when I am being careful I’ve been fine.

I am also laughing myself silly at the posts.

Just be careful OP you don’t get too lonely out there either. Them deers start looking mighty fine after a bit. Or so I’ve heard.

Thanks

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Here you go...

Attachments

• f482fad5b7bd53365605444bea53164e1e40ac7cd425b0a46d27fec7b8690ddd_1.jpg
      f482fad5b7bd53365605444bea53164e1e40ac7cd425b0a46d27fec7b8690ddd_1.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 60

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Stay tuned to my YouTuber Channel as I will be posting up my hot takes on "How I lost 80lbs on the deer milk diet and why THEY don't want you to know about it!" soon.

:innocent0
    You'll probably see in the comments someone telling the poster, "That's not a doe, and that's not milk".

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This thread keeps popping up in my feed, and I keep wondering why anyone would even bother to go to the trouble to try to harvest the little bit of deer milk that might be available from a doe that's just been shot.

I guess deer milk is a think in New Zealand, but the amount that you'd get from a single dead doe probably wouldn't be enough to mess with.

For me this falls into the category of things that you "can" do, but why would you?

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I guess deer milk is a think in New Zealand, but the amount that you'd get from a single dead doe probably wouldn't be enough to mess with.

For me this falls into the category of things that you "can" do, but why would you?
    The rarity only adds to it's exquisiteness!

That's precisely why THEY don't want you to know about it.

:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom