• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Registered, I like it a lot, this will go a long way to helping those that are less technical.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    This will not include contacts for donors of reps that are clearly on our side right? So nobody gets confused and calls the wrong people?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    This will not include contacts for donors of reps that are clearly on our side right? So nobody gets confused and calls the wrong people?

Yes. After the final votes, I would like to remove all friendlies. We don't want this used against us.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Yes. After the final votes, I would like to remove all friendlies. We don't want this used against us.

We should remove the (R)s that voted against it in committee. IE Smiegel, Glass, etc,

No sense in wasting resources on friendlies.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    I just registered.

Synuepka, thanks for putting this together! This is an awesome tool, I know it will help me out tremendously.

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    synuepka,

This is great. I registered and made 1 addition, ie Susan Aumann's facebook as a test as I wanted to start contributing filling in info and that was successful.

I also started looking around to se what I could do aand have a couple questions.

1. In looking at the contribution pages,(Mike Busch's), there are pages in the Excel spreadsheet, but you can only see a subset ( page?) in the wiki.

2. I looked at the code and figured out how to add something. Since I am a network guy, but not a software weenie, can I horribly break something by editing something, or can you fix anything I break? I'll be careful.

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Do we have a list of best targets? It may be helpful. We could bold their names.

Oh wait, can i call them targets?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    Fantastic!!!!:party29::party29:

Is there a way to choose PAC contacts to export into Excel? What I am thinking is that if this is possible, it gives the user the ability to print a list to call or even the bigger possibility of doing a mail merge and creating a letter campaign.

That functionality is a bit beyond what the wiki software can do. If the data format already present in the PACs is maintained, I can develop a script to extract information in that format if necessary. I suspect that we will have more success if we single out a few entities at a time and focus our efforts on them all at once (herding cats, anyone?).

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013

Correct, though I may aggregate friendlies information in a non-public wiki for use in future political activites. If the need for additional security arises, I can prevent public viewing and restrict accounts to manual creation only.

If anyone is wondering about the domain - ROKSAO - Register of Known Second Amendment Opponents (google ROKSO to see where the idea originated).

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I have years 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 in a database.

Link below is a proof of concept wiki containing a single senator, if you click on the name it will bring you to a page containing a sortable table of all businesses which contributed to them in years 2010-2013. Each contributor can then have their own page for contact info, some of the names were truncated in the original data source.

http://www.roksao.com/index.php?title=Maryland_Senate
    SNIP
    :thumbsup:

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    synuepka,

This is great. I registered and made 1 addition, ie Susan Aumann's facebook as a test as I wanted to start contributing filling in info and that was successful.

I also started looking around to se what I could do aand have a couple questions.

1. In looking at the contribution pages,(Mike Busch's), there are pages in the Excel spreadsheet, but you can only see a subset ( page?) in the wiki.

2. I looked at the code and figured out how to add something. Since I am a network guy, but not a software weenie, can I horribly break something by editing something, or can you fix anything I break? I'll be careful.

1. The contributors listed at the moment are those with type business/organization/PAC located in Maryland. Feel free to add those from other states, if you run into a large batch just pass the info to me and I'll run it through the appropriate script. There are hundreds to thousands of individual donors per legislator, would be visually overwhelming if I imported all of them - not to mention of limited use.

2. The wiki maintains a change history (history tab at the top), any changes can be rolled back by any user.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Businesses should be our number one target. We actually have something we can use against them, our $$$$.

PACs and individuals probably donated because try agree with the candidate and we can do nothing to punish them no matter what their opinions. We might get lucky with a few of the PACs that might be single issue or non-liberal groups.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    I hope your don't mind, but I added a link to the mdwontforget.com links page. A google indexed link can only help spread the info.

Mark

No problem, though I have the major search engines blocked from indexing the wiki as of about 1AM Sunday. Don't want some obscure legislator googling their name to find the first result that pops up is an intelligence gathering site opposing their election.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    No problem, though I have the major search engines blocked from indexing the wiki as of about 1AM Sunday. Don't want some obscure legislator googling their name to find the first result that pops up is an intelligence gathering site opposing their election.

It might be good for them to know we are going after donors. It's not like they can un-file legally requires documents. They need to know we are serious about this.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    Businesses should be our number one target. We actually have something we can use against them, our $$$$.

PACs and individuals probably donated because try agree with the candidate and we can do nothing to punish them no matter what their opinions. We might get lucky with a few of the PACs that might be single issue or non-liberal groups.

I have some ideas for individuals who may just be ignorant of their legislators' activities (Apple Ford being an example) - waiting for my voter registration to be confirmed so I can start requesting data from the state.

Do we have any lawyers around here who are experienced with FIOA/PIA requests?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    1. The contributors listed at the moment are those with type business/organization/PAC located in Maryland. Feel free to add those from other states, if you run into a large batch just pass the info to me and I'll run it through the appropriate script. There are hundreds to thousands of individual donors per legislator, would be visually overwhelming if I imported all of them - not to mention of limited use.

2. The wiki maintains a change history (history tab at the top), any changes can be rolled back by any user.

Is it possible to import all donors over $250 or $500 and sort high/low?

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    It might be good for them to know we are going after donors. It's not like they can un-file legally requires documents. They need to know we are serious about this.

But they can un-file my website and domain with a single email to my hosting provider referencing a federal law, with virtually no legal repercussions for themselves.

If the wiki grows into something which will be used over the long term I'll move the site and domain overseas, (mostly) beyond the reach of US laws.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    Is it possible to import all donors over $250 or $500 and sort high/low?

Sure, I can apply almost any search to the raw data. The sorting function is built into the wiki page, just click the arrows in the header field you want to sort by (default is Contributor Name).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom