• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    It's always good to start one's morning off with a laugh. What a ridiculous piece of garbage. With some duct tape I could make a double anything with double barrels, double triggers, and double magazines.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I mean it's kinda neat but how the F do you field strip it? lol...

As a gunsmith I can appreciate how much time it must have taken to put that all together. Completely impractical, but definitely impressive in terms of execution.

I wonder what the groups look like.

I share your view. It seems like something crazy that highlights someone's skill set somewhere. The welds are clean, the finish is clean, somehow they got two 1911's to go through both of their magazines without a failure at the same time :lol2:. Sometimes ya just got to use your skills to do something off the wall and challenge yourself. While it's practicality is lacking, the skill going in to the gun is impressive. The execution of the 3822 was certainly better than the 1740...
    1740.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    3822.JPG

3822 b.JPG

3822c.JPG

3822d.JPG

3822e.JPG

If nothing else, it highlights the availability of left handed 1911's now...

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I can't wait to see the magpul video on this one. Costa says, "Ok now bring both guns up into your workspace. Ok as you can see you have experienced a stove pipe on the left side and a double feed on the right. Now the immediate action drill for this is to lay down your weapon and surrender immediately. Because your S.O.L. Buddy."

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Lou - I'd know absolutely nothing about that move, aside from the thought that it probably wouldn't go very well. :innocent0 Although the mental image is rather comical, and slightly disturbing too if I'm honest.

It's a novel thought, and as much as it offends my sensibilities, it does look interesting and finished well. But still, even if it was handed to me for free, I'd toss it into a basin of Holy Water first just to watch it burst into flames. :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Lou - I'd know absolutely nothing about that move, aside from the thought that it probably wouldn't go very well. :innocent0 Although the mental image is rather comical, and slightly disturbing too if I'm honest.

It's a novel thought, and as much as it offends my sensibilities, it does look interesting and finished well. But still, even if it was handed to me for free, I'd toss it into a basin of Holy Water first just to watch it burst into flames. :D

You gotta' point there as it kinda' looks like something, if you want to describe it as such, that was excercised from Linda Blair back in the early seventies.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If they'd done that to a Glock or a Beretta, I probably wouldn't be so disgusted and offended by it, but a 1911 - that sir is just wrong. :tdown:

I wouldn't knock someone for buying one, since it obviously would play a role in living out some thugnificent daydreams, dual wielding double barrel 1911's does sound interesting and even a little bad-ass if I'm honest. Especially during the zombie apocalypse or any other EOTWAWKI scenario.

Outside of that though, I don't see any logical reason to disgrace a perfectly good sidearm in that manner.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    what if you only pull one trigger? Does it fire the one round and eject an unfired cartridge out the other?

Presumably, there is a mechanism that keeps the action locked until the second trigger (whichever one happens to be second) is pulled. That's just a guess, but it doesn't seem that difficult to design and it would make some sence... Otherwise you would always be ejecting loaded rounds if you did not pull both triggers at the exact same time.

Everyone can make fun of me, but I would consider getting one as a collector's item if they were not too expensive... 50+ years from now, I could easily see this gaining value as a historical curiosity... like the Le Faucheux double barrel pin fired revolver.

EDIT - Looking at the write-up and pictures on the Firearms Blog, I now see that the two sides have a unified hammer... so you need to press both triggers to release it.
    img_20120310162338-tfb.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom