• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I had to fight the urge to shoot the screen with my a-5

I just yelled at my screen for a little bit, then I went on a bit of a rant. :D

If I didn't have such a nice monitor and a rather thin wall behind it, I may have slammed some 230gr JHP's into the monitor at first glance.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Why two triggers. Makes no sense.
    And When did Bevis and Butthead start making guns ? ?

Italians - need we say any more?? :lol2: (BTW - I have italian in my background, somewhere, so I feel I can say that.)

I think Beavis and Butthead would've made it a touch more tacti-cooled...

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    If nothing else, it highlights the availability of left handed 1911's now...

Cabot makes a nice lefty 1911 called the "Southpaw". Pricey, but if you must have a true left-handed 1911, they're available.

South-Paw-Left-Side.jpg.jpeg

South-Paw-Right-Side.jpg.jpeg

I played with one an outdoor show. It's a mirror image of a standard 1911; even the barrel twist is reversed.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Meh, I don't get all the abomination nonsense. I realize yall are mostly joking, but what's the point? It's not like they are taking WWI era 1911's and chopping them in half and welding them together to make the guns. Are 9mm 1911's an abomination? 10mm? They're not "as JMB intended"

Frankly I think JMB would laugh his ass off and then buy 2 of these, just because he could. The man was an inventor and an innovator. He would see it for the creativity that it is and appreciate the workmanship that went into it and he'd want to check it out himself I'm sure. He wouldn't take a personal affront to someone using his design for the basis....

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    1 trigger firing two bullets equals a machine gun to the ATF. 2 triggers firing 2 bullets is just fine.

Funny thing is that I'm not sure their current system works like that (i.e., "2 triggers firing 2 bullets") . At first I thought that there was a mechanism that kept the action locked until the second shot, then both actions were cycled at the same time. Then I saw that there was a shared hammer so, I assume, the gun only fires when both triggers are pulled at the same time. Thus, when you press the first trigger nothing happens... then press the second trigger and the unified hammer is released firing both rounds.

I think that is far more akin to a trigger and set trigger rather than two triggers firing two bullets (like other double barrel firearms). If that ATF sees it this way, it would likely consider this a regulated NFA item IMO... Heck, if shoelaces and choreboy pads are regulated, this thing is doomed.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Funny thing is that I'm not sure their current system works like that (i.e., "2 triggers firing 2 bullets") . At first I thought that there was a mechanism that kept the action locked until the second shot, then both actions were cycled at the same time. Then I saw that there was a shared hammer so, I assume, the gun only fires when both triggers are pulled at the same time. Thus, when you press the first trigger nothing happens... then press the second trigger and the unified hammer is released firing both rounds.

I think that is far more akin to a trigger and set trigger rather than two triggers firing two bullets (like other double barrel firearms). If that ATF sees it this way, it would likely consider this a regulated NFA item IMO... Heck, if shoelaces and choreboy pads are regulated, this thing is doomed.

I noticed that too, but that's the only way I can make sense of it LOL.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I noticed that too, but that's the only way I can make sense of it LOL.

Ah. That's your problem. You're looking or logic where none is to be found. ;) This gun is defined by the glorious and unapologetic absence of sense.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I'd rather just have a 44 magnum if I was worried about not having enough knockdown power with a single 45. Also, IMO, there is too much to go wrong with a double barrel 1911 design.

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    So why not get two double stack 1911 in 45 even more bullets. If I had money to burn I'll buy on just because they are going to be discontinued after their release.

I can only imagine having a extractor break and your still shooting. The guy looks like hitman they need a double suppressor also :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom