• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Ammo not bad but online maybe better.

1000 55gr 223 around $485.

Well attended. If mags are what ye seek, ye shall not be disappointed.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I was there this AM. Seemed about the same as the last show. Plenty of vendors with AR and Glock mags. The usual ammo vendors. I did pick up a few boxes of Underwood Extreme defender in .380 that I'd been meaning to order.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Debating whether it’s worth the 1.5 hour drive so see a few hundred Glocks and Chinese AR parts. The fall show was a little under whelming.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Went this morning with a friend. Picked up two 17 round 365 mags for my Sig.
    Was looking for 12 ga target loads and 9mm Endomags.
    Found some target loads but prices were 10-15% too high.
    Nobody seemed to have the Endomag conversion kits so I ordered one when I got home.
    Also ordered a case of target loads from Cabela's.
    I did finally get a new set of custom silicone earplugs made, the guy was super nice.
    I've had a pair for about 10-12 years but it was time to get them replaced. My old ones were done by a lady named Debbie who would frequent gun shows but she went out of business a few years ago.
    They were $70, which is a bargain considering that they have a better decibel rating than just about anything out there.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thanks for the insight. Still debating. $40 for me and the wife to get in and no deals?

I might be better off driving an hour away and stopping by some LGS for the magazines.
    Honestly I almost never find good deals at a gun show. I usually go for mags or maybe some other small items. I've never bought a gun at a gun show, I can usually get it cheaper elsewhere.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I went today. Always enjoy a gun show. It took hours to walk the whole thing. Bought a couple of nice knives(there were at least 4 quality knife vendors there)and some parts.

Definitely worth it until a girl ran into me on the way home. Ruined the whole day

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    There's a single vendor there with two spots that sells ammo by the case. In particular, they sell ammo by this company: https://www.defenderammunition.com/

I've shot through my first case of 9mm subs and 45 ACP, and can honestly say the stuff is amazing. Groups consistently shoots clean, and runs great through my suppressors. Bring cash and get deals on cases that are really hard to beat. Next show I'm buying 2 more cases for sure.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I went today. Always enjoy a gun show. It took hours to walk the whole thing. Bought a couple of nice knives(there were at least 4 quality knife vendors there)and some parts.

Definitely worth it until a girl ran into me on the way home. Ruined the whole day
    Depending on the meaning of "ran into you", I can see what you mean. If vehicular, sorry for your luck.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Honestly I almost never find good deals at a gun show. I usually go for mags or maybe some other small items. I've never bought a gun at a gun show, I can usually get it cheaper elsewhere.
    I've seen exactly two good deals on specific guns at one vendor, one at each of the last two shows (different vendors each time). Not enough of a deal to overcome transfer fees though, so about the same as shopping online for those two specific guns.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've seen exactly two good deals on specific guns at one vendor, one at each of the last two shows (different vendors each time). Not enough of a deal to overcome transfer fees though, so about the same as shopping online for those two specific guns.
    What pistols were they?

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Went today with one of my boys. Picked up some odds and ends. Visited the MSI booth. Got a cool little OTF knife for $15. Then we went to Hooters!

Before all that we went to Cars and Coffee in Great Falls.

Was a good day!

Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    Friday was a zoo!! Opened at 1pm instead of the standard 3pm. Saturday was busy and steady.

We sold out of LRP by 1:30 on Friday. SPP made it till 10:15 this morning. Still have SPMP and Cheddite SG 209 primers.

Our powders were hit hard too as well as pistol bullets.

Crowd so far today is getting thicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom